FOUND Radiohead "The Bends" LP original pressing

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
edited October 2013 in Lost Dogs
Anyone have an extra? Obviously sealed would be ideal, but I'd be happy with one that is in good condition. The vinyl needs to sound perfect; I don't mind some normal wear to the jacket and sleeve. Thanks! :)
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    Bump :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    picky picky
    picky picky
    :think: Well I never thought of it like that before... But yeah. :P
    Bump! :)
    i guess I'll bump.... looks like I should start really considering other sources though.

:)
    Bump! Still looking!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Quite a few on ebay for around $20 or so.
    Quite a few on ebay for around $20 or so.

Thank you. :) But that is the reissue 2LP one. I am looking for an original pressing because it's a single LP, which I prefer. There is one original on eBay, but it seems too steep to me... might have to fold sometime, but if anyone has a used one that's in great playing condition, hopefully I can get a better price. :)
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Ahh, yeah I guess most of them are the re-issue. I'm with you on the 1 disc thing; flipping over every 3 songs is a pain in the ass.
    I did see one original for $17 but the guy lists shipping as $4 then says in the description that it's $10 not $4. Kinda lame.
    Ahh, yeah I guess most of them are the re-issue. I'm with you on the 1 disc thing; flipping over every 3 songs is a pain in the ass.
    I did see one original for $17 but the guy lists shipping as $4 then says in the description that it's $10 not $4. Kinda lame.

That's still cheap! I don't suppose you could post a link for it? Because I didn't see that. Would beuch appreciated!
    PM sent.
    Thank you HesCalledDyer! Your tip lead to me getting this album! :D Much appreciated.

Also, :fp: The seller hadn't listed the item as an original pressing anywhere, so I sent him a message to confirm that it was the original pressing, and he replied saying "Oh yeah! So it is! I didn't even realize that!" and then he increased the price by $7. :lol: :fp: Still a good deal though - dinged up jacket, but it's never been played.
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    Awesome man! Congrats!!
  • 63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I have a single LP reissue I bought when I first got into into last year. It was like $18 or so... I will have to check which version it is as idk they had a double LP reissue.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I found an original yesturday.
    What did you have in mind for trade?
    PM me I live in Victoria. :)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

RobbyD462 wrote:
    I found an original yesturday.
    What did you have in mind for trade?
    PM me I live in Victoria. :)
    Hey! Thank you for this offer!! I actually found one on ebay quite a while ago.... and it's awesome. :) If you don't want to keep yours, I doubt you'll have too much trouble getting rid of it. I think there are plenty of people out there who don't want the repress because it's on 2 LPs. Not everyone likes that. I know I don't! :)
    There is a repress on one slab. I have it.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '18- Fenway
    There is a repress on one slab. I have it.
    Cool. I guess it's just the most recent one that is on 2 LP. Whichever - I just wanted it on 1 LP and I found it a while ago for something like $24. :)
    Ah very nice. Good job.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I have a single LP reissue I bought when I first got into into last year. It was like $18 or so... I will have to check which version it is as idk they had a double LP reissue.
    I don't really know a lot about identifying original Radiohead LPs, check the matrix. In UK stores i have seen The Bends over and over. Never really noticed the early stuff being out of print which suggests they were pressed over and over.
    FR181798 wrote:
    I don't really know a lot about identifying original Radiohead LPs, check the matrix. In UK stores i have seen The Bends over and over. Never really noticed the early stuff being out of print which suggests they were pressed over and over.
    I don't think there are THAT many single LP versions for sale out there, just because almost every one on eBay while I was looking for it was the most recent 2LP issue, same with discogs. I don't think many people get rid of their "The Bends" album - it's too good! :D But yeah, there have been a few reissues over the years.