Behind the stage seating

iguanatreeiguanatree Posts: 34
edited August 2013 in The Porch
Just curious what the general consensus is regarding "behind the stage" seating? :?:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mg181907mg181907 Posts: 12
    I sat 2nd row directly behind the stage for a Pearl Jam show once, and it was awesome. I definitely recommend sitting there at least once. You get to see everything the band does on stage, using all their pedals etc, and then you get to see the crowds reaction to everything the band does. It's pretty cool.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    mg181907 wrote:
    I sat 2nd row directly behind the stage for a Pearl Jam show once, and it was awesome. I definitely recommend sitting there at least once. You get to see everything the band does on stage, using all their pedals etc, and then you get to see the crowds reaction to everything the band does. It's pretty cool.

Agreed
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    mg181907 wrote:

I agree. I actually have two options for Buffalo tickets one pair to the rear/side stage and another pair in the lower bowl but toward the back of the arena. I'm probably going to choose the rear/side stage seats. I sat rear/side stage for the Cincy show in 2006 and it was a great view. Mike was looking at our section and pointing to our section all night.
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Fellow 10Cers,

I'm debating whether or not to buy a face value ticket for the 2nd show in Philly. The seats will be behind the stage and I'm trying to find out if you can actually still see the band. My guess, the tickets will be in the upper sections. Can you see the band from behind the stage, specifically in the upper sections?

Thanks
  • Sat there a couple of times and loved it. I am sitting there for two shows this year!
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    iguanatree wrote:
    Just curious what the general consensus is regarding "behind the stage" seating? :?:

There's a reason they're not offered at a discounted price.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I think about behind the stage seating like this:

Imagine you shown up to a concert and are about 15 rows back from the front of the stage. The band comes out and you think to yourself "Damn, I'm really close to the stage." Then the band turns around with their backs to you. There may be a wire in your way but nothing major.
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Thanks for information guys! I'll probably buy a ticket for the second show because I'm already going to the first
  • bmulvanybmulvany Posts: 156
    Im thinking of buying tickets behind the stage for LA shows

Middle level lodge says limited view and upper level says obstructed view. Anyone have any idea how limited or obstructed these views are?
  • MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    I sat behind the stage at MSG 2 2010 and I loved seeing the crowd from the band's eye (especially THAT crowd)
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited August 2013
    Had them for Bruce Springsteen once. It was a fun experience. Kind of neat to see the arena and audience from the band's perspective. Also cool to the drummer play. Bruce also played 6 songs to our section. Kind of felt like having a VIP experience almost, cause you got to see everything that happening on the stage. (road crew running around, handing out guitars for next song, ect).
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    Its the only way I can go to the SD or the LA show and that's what I'm doing.. I LOVE behind stage seating.. to me best spot except ON stage.
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • j3brow1j3brow1 Posts: 37
    I sat behind stage East Rutherford 2006 second night. It was amazing. One of the best concert experiences I have ever had. Cool perspective. Amazing, amazing sound.
    the all encompassing trip