Options

Fall tour and ticket sales for other groups...

JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
edited July 2013 in The Porch
I'm not sure what it's like in your neck of the woods, but down here in Florida it seems like shows that would typically sellout within minutes are having a hard time selling any tickets at all. Maybe PJ will only do a handful of dates and that will be the smart thing to do in this economy. I can't tell.

For example, NiN's show in Orlando just went on sale this past Friday and you can still buy floor tickets that are General Admission. They are also playing a show in Ft Lauderdale (3 hour drive).

Black Sabbath are on probably their last tour of this size is having a hard time selling tickets in Tampa. They are also playing West Palm (about 2 1/2 hour drive from Tampa).

Are things like this everywhere or are only certain bands doing well? Is this just a Florida thing? I know Iron Maiden sold out the O2 in a couple of minutes, but they might be the exception. Maybe fans are tired of paying $100 + for a show.

It will be interesting to see how PJ's tickets sell here in the US with a tough economy.
92 - Orlando
03 - Tampa
08 - Tampa
12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    I don't think it will be much different than the 2010 tour, other than desperate 10c'ers trying to snap up Ticketmaster tickets because of the lotto.

But yeah, the economy sucks for live music, and it's going to get worse later in the year. The sooner they announce and go on sale, the better for all those involved.
  • Options
    RatsTJRatsRatsTJRats Boston Posts: 431
    I feel like Floridians are not very passionate about anything. Their sports teams have trouble selling out playoff games so doesnt surprise me that concerts sell slow as well. Too many old people and transplants....I feel like there is alot of procrastination down there as well...but again no offense just an observation!
    This could be the day
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    TRobinson wrote:
    I feel like Floridians are not very passionate about anything. Their sports teams have trouble selling out playoff games so doesnt surprise me that concerts sell slow as well. Too many old people and transplants....I feel like there is alot of procrastination down there as well...but again no offense just an observation!

None taken and all true. Lol

To be fair, Florida (a tourist state) got hit hard when the economy went South (no pun intended). Plus, when you live 5 minutes from the beach with the most beautiful people in the world, you can understand why people would leave early when watching big men in shorts playing with their balls.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    twolegsyieldtwolegsyield Posts: 134
    in 2008 when pearl jam actually played shows and not festivals the tickets were the easiest i ever had to buy for PJ...

i really hope to see a non fesitval FL date this tour!
    doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you...

Pittsburgh '00
    PennState '03; Camden 1 '03; Holmdel '03
    Reading '04
    Ottawa '05; Borgata 2 '05
    Ed Sullivan Theater '06; Hartford '06; NJ 1-2 '06
    WPB '08; Tampa '08; EV Newark '08
    EV Ft. Lauderale '12
    Ft. Lauderale '16; Miami '16