New website doesn't really work with a smartphone

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
edited July 2013 in Technical Stuff and Help
Wow. Since the redesigned website launched yesterday it is very close to nonfunctional ony smartphone. There is a serious cascading effect when I scroll, and it frequently freezes during posting, and when it's not frozen it is halting. It is AWFUL. I have cleared my cache and cookies, and it made no difference. Please, someone at 10c tell me you're aware of this problem and that it will be fixed soon!
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Just use the pj stat tracker app to use the forums, no issues with the new site.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Wow. Since the redesigned website launched yesterday it is very close to nonfunctional ony smartphone. There is a serious cascading effect when I scroll, and it frequently freezes during posting, and when it's not frozen it is halting. It is AWFUL. I have cleared my cache and cookies, and it made no difference. Please, someone at 10c tell me you're aware of this problem and that it will be fixed soon!
    I'm getting the exact same thing, but from my home computer. Work one here is just fine though.

I hope there's an easy fix on their or my end!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Just use the pj stat tracker app to use the forums, no issues with the new site.
    I would ifthere were an android app!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    hedonist wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I'm getting the exact same thing, but from my home computer. Work one here is just fine though.

Well THAT'sstrange. Have you tried using a different browser? I read it works better on Firefox and not very well on chrome.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

Well THAT'sstrange. Have you tried using a different browser? I read it works better on Firefox and not very well on chrome.
    D'oh! Hadn't even thought of that...I shall try this evening.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Works fine with Safari on iPhone
    Chrome browser at home fixed me up :)

Hope you can get yours working right again, PJ_Soul!
    This problem has become worse since I posted this rather than better. It just sucks. My smartphone is the only computer I have at home, and this website is pretty much completely unusable on a phone now.... And now the website is super slow in general too, even on a PC. Argh. Frustrating, since now, the week before my trip to Chicago, is when I most need to communicate with other members.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    what's even more amazing with all the website problems is that their home base is Seattle ... you'd think in Seattle of all places they'd be able to find a company that could design a functioning, efficient website plus a smart phone app.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Other than logging in is still not perfect, all is fine while typing this on iPhone.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    works fine for me on my EVO
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg