[Football] NCAA vs. NFL

8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
which would you prefer to watch if you could only watch one?

i gotta go with NCAA....so much more entertaining....and now that we finally have a "playoff"
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    NFL - Why watch the minor league when you can watch the pros. ;)
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    NFL... too many NCAA teams for me to keep track of... though I've been following sports a lot less in general the past couple of years.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    If I was a Bears fan I'd prefer the NCAA too. But since my team has won a Superbowl or two in the last quarter century, definitely the NFL. :)
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • pearljam133pearljam133 Posts: 202
    Every once in a while you'll catch a good NCAA game. But there's too many blow outs (well at least I always wind up watching a uncompetitive game). And I don't like wasting my Saturdays. Sundays are better for me to sit around watching football. Not to mention in the NFL, there are household names. In NCAA, rosters change too much year to year, and I can't keep up on who's who.
    5/2/2003 - Buffalo, NY
    5/9/2010 - Cleveland, OH
    9/11/2011 - Toronto, ONT
    9/12/2011 - Toronto, ONT
    7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field
    10/11/2013 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/2013 - Buffalo, NY
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Wilds wrote:
    NFL - Why watch the minor league when you can watch the pros. ;)
    This

and this
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    If I was a Bears fan I'd prefer the NCAA too. But since my team has won a Superbowl or two in the last quarter century, definitely the NFL. :)
    #FHP
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I love both.

I do find NCAA games far more fun and competitive. Buncha kids going out there every Saturday giving all they got for no pay (unless you play for OSU :lol::lol: )
    Better fans and a better live experience too!

Go Hawkeyes! :D

Can't wait for football season!!!!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Love both. If I'm watching 'my' team I say NCAA.

Random game? NFL.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    NCAA

Not just for football, but basketball too
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    NCAA
    love the history and the traditions
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Also...

watching live, NCAA hands down.
    Much more excitement, less total assbags in the stands.
    For NFL, give me my flat screen. (And I went to the Super Bowl last year -- it was a cool experience but it is better on TV.)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Both are awesome in their own ways. A slight edge may go to the NCAA as Goodell continues his quest to squeeze every penny possible and suck the fun out of going to a live game.

Live college football wins hands-down. You have tradition and marching bands instead of that Black Sabbath / Rap mish-mash song that is played before every kick-off at every NFL game.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    NFL

College football is entertaining and more enjoyable to see live, but to choose 1 it's the NFL.

College is a farce with the polls, the "playoff", the hype. ESPN killed it
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    edited June 2013
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:roll:

i think a lot of it has to do with where you are born...and raised. the state of IL hasn't produced a top flight college team since the 50's. :lol:
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    NFL and it's not even close.

The NCAA is such a joke. All the BCS nonsense and now this "playoff" that they have. It's hard to take college football seriously when they don't have a real postseason.
    NFL and it's not even close.

The NCAA is such a joke. All the BCS nonsense and now this "playoff" that they have. It's hard to take college football seriously when they don't have a real postseason.

Agree on NCAA as an organization, they are a huge joke.
    If you go to a game in a crazy environment it is so much more enjoyable than an NFL game in a crazy environment. Apples & oranges. (imo)
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    NCAA. There's a loyalty and connectedness the fans have with the team, and there's meaning to being a ______ (insert college mascot). NFL fans seem to be fans of the team out of geography. I like watching the former players from my college teams play in the pros, though.

We'll see whether the NCAA is a joke in about 5 minutes when they give University of Oregon actual punishment or just a wet noodle lashing.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Go Beavers wrote:
    NFL fans seem to be fans of the team out of geography.

Isn't that just about the same for NCAA? People are generally fans based on georgraphy or they went to the school. That's not much different to me.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Go Beavers wrote:

Isn't that just about the same for NCAA? People are generally fans based on georgraphy or they went to the school. That's not much different to me.

agreed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Go Beavers wrote:
    We'll see whether the NCAA is a joke in about 5 minutes when they give University of Oregon actual punishment or just a wet noodle lashing.

NCAA shows again what a joke organization it is. Oregon gets a weak slap on the wrist. 1 scholarship a year? Wah.
    I guess if you are USC or Ohio State and the NCAA dislikes your leadership that you get kicked in the sack.
    Now to see what they end up doing to Miami....

I still say NCAA over NFL overall but on days like today I am 'all in' on the NFL's system vs. the NCAA system.

Also, NCAA Fantasy Football is not nearly as much fun as NFL football.
    NCAA gambling? More fun just because of the crazy options with number of games and silly opponents.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    College football is wayyy better.

No Goodell ruining the sport
    Nowhere near as many commercials during broadcasts
    More games to choose to watch
    Easier to bet on (more games, looser lines, etc)

I am disappointed that cfb is implementing a playoff. Now every game is a playoff game...one loss can ruin a team's title chances. I think having a playoff is going to cause more problems than it solves...especially in terms of who qualifies. Even so, cfb is a much better product than the overrated nfl
    The Fixer wrote:

might be the best thing....

sat afternoon....find 5, 6, 7 or more games on....find the one you really want to watch..and flip between the others during commercials....you game sucks...pick anouther game to watch.

and it's nice that abc/espn try's to get a good prime time game every week.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

might be the best thing....

sat afternoon....find 5, 6, 7 or more games on....find the one you really want to watch..and flip between the others during commercials....you game sucks...pick anouther game to watch.

and it's nice that abc/espn try's to get a good prime time game every week.

exactly.

also, the announcers are wayyy better in cfb. nothing beats musberger/herbstreit (michaels and collinsworth are great as well, but I'll take the college guys). sean mcdonough and speilman are also fantastic. brad nessler...etc, etc, etc.

the nfl sucks. if it wasn't for my degen gambling habit I wouldn't even watch that garbage. bunch of criminals in pads
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    college and it's not even worth the discussion

and the ncaa and the nfl as organizing bodies suck ass
    norm wrote:

how can you not get excited for an appalation state upset of a michigan...

agreed..both organizations need a major enima
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

exactly.

also, the announcers are wayyy better in cfb. nothing beats musberger/herbstreit (michaels and collinsworth are great as well, but I'll take the college guys). sean mcdonough and speilman are also fantastic. brad nessler...etc, etc, etc.

the nfl sucks. if it wasn't for my degen gambling habit I wouldn't even watch that garbage. bunch of criminals in pads

I agree with you on how sweet the NCAA is but the people who are criminals in the NFL all are criminals in the NCAA first. :lol:

The fans are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY hotter for the NCAA too.
    Far fewer fat 40 year old dudes painted the Buffalo colors and many more shapely adorable co-eds.

Google Buffalo Bills fans and then google Girls of the SEC. Wowza!
  • jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    NCAA

Live is best!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

how can you not get excited for an appalation state upset of a michigan...

Middle%20Finger.gif
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    NFL

I watch both

The fans are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY hotter for the NCAA too.
    Far fewer fat 40 year old dudes painted the Buffalo colors and many more shapely adorable co-eds.

Google Buffalo Bills fans and then google Girls of the SEC. Wowza!

Great point. Tough to top drunken co-eds
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    Go Beavers wrote:

I think with college the connection felt to the team is different. The fan went to school there, or worked there, or a relative went there. People feel a loyalty to the team because the team represents a significant part of their past experience and/or who they are. With NFL, the personal connection relates directly to just the game itself. (speaking in generalizations here)