I'm looking for ten million Americans

aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
edited June 2013 in A Moving Train
Dear Patriot,

I'm looking for ten million Americans to stand with me and sue the federal government and TAKE BACK our rights.

Can I count on your help?

Without it, I truly fear where our fragile Republic could be headed . . .

Recent news reports revealed that Barack Obama's NSA is looking through billions of our emails and phone records every day.

So yesterday morning, in an interview on Fox News, I announced I would be asking Internet providers and phone companies to join me in a class-action lawsuit to STOP this madness.

But my friend, today I'm counting on your support, as well.

As you'll see, I've made up a Joining Statement for you to join my class-action lawsuit, and I'm counting on you to sign it IMMEDIATELY.

You see, I believe this is an absolutely critical and defining moment . . .

My hope is, it will be remembered for decades as the moment the American people stood up to their government and demanded our liberties be respected.

But I fear, without your help, it could be the moment the American people quietly shrank from a fight and gave their last bit of approval over for government-run lives.

I know there are those who argue Americans must give up every last one of their liberties to win our country's ongoing fight against terrorism.

"Trust us," they say.

I also know their promises of safety can be tantalizing.

But today we know President Obama's IRS routinely targeted his political opponents and grassroots conservatives.

The Justice Department targeted reporters and their families for wiretapping and harassment for daring to criticize the administration.

We see the Obama administration covering up Benghazi then tapping Susan Rice -- who helped mislead the American people in the wake of that outrage -- for a promotion.

"Trust us" is out the window.

And even if our rulers were angels -- and you and I had nothing to fear from an overbearing and intrusive government -- it doesn't even work.

One of my colleagues, defending this massive program, stated the recent Boston bombing proved why we need programs like this.

Actually, it proves quite the opposite.

Instead of acting on real intelligence warnings from at least one other nation about the dangers the Tsarnaev's posed, they were too busy secretly sifting through the phone and email records of hundreds of millions of Americans.

Instead of unreasonably targeting every American into a target for spying, they should be focusing on only the truly dangerous.

What's truly dangerous is if you and I allow this to go on.

How long until these spying capabilities suffer some "mission creep" and they start using the GPS feature in your phone to track whether or not you go to gun shows?

What if you go to the "wrong" church? Or read emails from or attend the rallies of the "wrong" candidate.

What if you go to McDonalds a little "too much?"
Rand Paul

How long until Big Brother tries to "fix" you?
http://www.randpacusa.com/nsa_lawsuit_signupPAC.aspx?pid=th03

I am not sure if I trust joining anything on the internet.
Just wondering what others think about a class action law suit....
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    "Recent news reports revealed that Barack Obama's NSA is looking through billions of our emails and phone records every day."

Reminds me of my last signature:

"A leap of faith
    Or a jump of stupid
    Either way
    Don't know what I'm doing
    If you follow me around
    With your tape recorder
    I'm sure you'll got
    A load of footsteps."
    -Paul Westerberg.

Seriously, unless you're doing something very wrong or very illegal, you're spending too much time worrying and/or in fear. Relax!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Honestly, much like the drone filibuster, I think this is littlemore than Rand trying to capitalize on an issue. I believe very little of what he says. But that's just my opinion.

I did find this interesting:

"Paid for by RAND PAC. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee."

How is an email from Rand Paul not authorized by Rand Paul?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Just make a donation to the ACLU. They are already on it.
    Jason P wrote:

Probably a much better play for anyone who is legitimately concerned.

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    JimmyV wrote:
    Honestly, much like the drone filibuster, I think this is littlemore than Rand trying to capitalize on an issue. I believe very little of what he says. But that's just my opinion.

I did find this interesting:

"Paid for by RAND PAC. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee."

How is an email from Rand Paul not authorized by Rand Paul?
    where was rand 12 years ago???

:corn:

this is just the first dogwhistle to get the tea party all fired up again.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    i'm looking for 10 million americans....

to stop listening to alex jones and rush limbaugh and glen beck....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• aerialaerial Posts: 2,319
    JimmyV wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Probably a much better play for anyone who is legitimately concerned.

Thanks
    “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” Abraham Lincoln
  • aerialaerial Posts: 2,319

I may not always agree with everyone here but I DO RESPECT everyone's opinions (well, not dorks) and I do value all advise.....the condescending remarks show a lack of maturity ....just my opinion though :x
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    1Pjypqh.jpg
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    wait till fall tour tix announced..will be 700-800 members online that day!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    wait till fall tour tix announced..will be 700-800 members online that day!!

:lol:

aerial wrote:

I may not always agree with everyone here but I DO RESPECT everyone's opinions (well, not dorks) and I do value all advise.....the condescending remarks show a lack of maturity ....just my opinion though :x
    it is not condescending. it is calling out faux outrage when the same things were going on when republicans were in power. good for the goose, but not for the gander, eh?

• BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    it is not condescending. it is calling out faux outrage when the same things were going on when republicans were in power. good for the goose, but not for the gander, eh?

Stop....you're talking too sensibly.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

exhibit a - sean hannity http://youtu.be/t27ie4qFlXM
  • AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    they didn't look through our e-mails. Verizon did not supply content, just the to and from and time and duration. grrrr.. the media tries so hard to scare you and fool you yet you are scared of the government

be much more afraid of Fox News and its millions of people that believe what they are selling and what they are selling is deceipt and very dangerous
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Abuskedti wrote:
    they didn't look through our e-mails. Verizon did not supply content, just the to and from and time and duration. grrrr.. the media tries so hard to scare you and fool you yet you are scared of the government

be much more afraid of Fox News and its millions of people that believe what they are selling and what they are selling is deceipt and very dangerous

AMT is no place for you and your facts, please move along so the paranoid masses here can continue to live in the pretend "spy" movie they believe is our country.....
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    aerial wrote:

ARushGIF_zps42e79183.gif
  • mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    Abuskedti wrote:

AMT is no place for you and your facts, please move along so the paranoid masses here can continue to live in the pretend "spy" movie they believe is our country.....

tell me honestly, what about what the gov't has done and said in the past has led you to the point where you believe what they tell you now without what appears to be the slightest inkling of doubt?

I doubt that this was done with nefarious intentions, doesn't mean I think it should be done. Dragnet surveillance is not a good road to go down. We will find out when the ACLU gets this to the supreme court how this will shake out...I am sure they will side with more erosion of the 4th and 5th amendments, it has been happening slowly for decades, no reason to stop it now...
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • I think Rand Paul is annoying and politicizes everything.

He is trying to bring Obama down on something that was not just him involved. It was a combination of two administrations and even Congress.

I'm not defending Obama because he is a lying asshole on this issue, but Republicans are using this NSA thing to their advantage when it is the whole government involved.

I kind of love this issue came out because we are seeing some Republicans and Democrats who support it and we are seeing a good number opposing it as well. Its not a clear cut division issue like usual. I heard one-third democrats are opposing it, which is different. Usually most support and back up Obama. To me we are seeing some true views coming out.
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    Abuskedti wrote:

tell me honestly, what about what the gov't has done and said in the past has led you to the point where you believe what they tell you now without what appears to be the slightest inkling of doubt?

I doubt that this was done with nefarious intentions, doesn't mean I think it should be done. Dragnet surveillance is not a good road to go down. We will find out when the ACLU gets this to the supreme court how this will shake out...I am sure they will side with more erosion of the 4th and 5th amendments, it has been happening slowly for decades, no reason to stop it now...

I don't know what you are referring to that I should or should not believe... I don't see a problem at all with their reviewing verizon records to see who is talking to who when. surely they are investigating many threats and leads and this information may help them make a connection. I think it a very serious problem to stir the nation is to a panic suggesting they are listening in on our conversations. Verizon did not give the content of any of those communications in the subpoena being spoken about now. I see absolutely no problem at all. in every court case including millions of divorces etc, they subpoena phone bills to prove adultry or some other thing.... how is it such a crime when the FBI does it to defend the nation from those that would do it harm.. just because it is on a larger scale? the job they do is on a larger scale.
    No I don't agree with or believe all that they tell me.... that is supposed to be handled by voting, but voting has been destroyed by all the misinformation fabricated by the media.. noone is informed, becasue we accept dishonest biased reporting.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mikepegg44 wrote:

Great points, Mike. Reasonable ones at that.

I'm sure much more will be brought to light (it always is), but part of me had a problem with the outright lie that Clapper told when being questioned - (to paraphrase) "perhaps inadverdently gather the info, but not wittingly" (with total give-away body language).

I appreciate that he's in a very difficult position, one I certainly don't envy, but it goes back to your first comment up there.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    mikepegg44 wrote:

I doubt it will get to the Supreme Court... again. This has already been ruled on and the government can play the National security card... just like they did during the Bush Administration. That having to reveal state secrets in open court will jepordise National Security... when was the last time the Supreme Court ruled against the government on that? That's right, never.
    Again.. I have to ask the question. Where were all of those people who are pissed off today... in 2006, when the thing first surfaced and changed the law to make this type of activity legal/ Where were you FOX News? Where were you FOX News viewers? I'll tell you where you were... you were in FAVOR of these thing because you were afraid of scary Bin-Ladenman coming to build a mosque and kill you. I think it is ridiculous for the FOX News (and their audience) to act all concerned today, when they cheered on the erosion of our Fourth Amendment 7 years ago,
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

It has nothing to do with paranoia. The NSA has allegedly been recording every phone conversation and e-mail of every American citizen. I know you don't give a shit, but this erosion of privacy and civil liberties is a flagrant breach of the constitution. It could also have dire consequences further down the road. You think the U.S is immune to fascism? Think again.
    Cosmo wrote:
    mikepegg44 wrote:

I doubt it will get to the Supreme Court... again. This has already been ruled on and the government can play the National security card... just like they did during the Bush Administration. That having to reveal state secrets in open court will jepordise National Security... when was the last time the Supreme Court ruled against the government on that? That's right, never.
    Again.. I have to ask the question. Where were all of those people who are pissed off today... in 2006, when the thing first surfaced and changed the law to make this type of activity legal/ Where were you FOX News? Where were you FOX News viewers? I'll tell you where you were... you were in FAVOR of these thing because you were afraid of scary Bin-Ladenman coming to build a mosque and kill you. I think it is ridiculous for the FOX News (and their audience) to act all concerned today, when they cheered on the erosion of our Fourth Amendment 7 years ago,

I agree.

But the supreme court ruled on warrant-less wire taps with specific targets in mind. I don't believe they ruled on domestic only calls being dragnet surveilled and all logs being kept indefinitely. I could be wrong though. I don't think the ACLU would file suit if it was the same case already decided. But then again, they will file just about anything to keep watch dogging civil liberties.

But foreign intelligence was the focus of the patriot act discussions. People were mocked and ridiculed for saying that it would come to this, because their guy was in charge. Where were all the democrats now defending the practice in 2006 when the patriot act and these practices were under fire from just about all on the left?

I don't remember hearing a bunch of no big deals back then...ax...gored...that whole thing.
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    - Joe Rogan
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    I agree.

But the supreme court ruled on warrant-less wire taps with specific targets in mind. I don't believe they ruled on domestic only calls being dragnet surveilled and all logs being kept indefinitely. I could be wrong though. I don't think the ACLU would file suit if it was the same case already decided. But then again, they will file just about anything to keep watch dogging civil liberties.

But foreign intelligence was the focus of the patriot act discussions. People were mocked and ridiculed for saying that it would come to this, because their guy was in charge. Where were all the democrats now defending the practice in 2006 when the patriot act and these practices were under fire from just about all on the left?

I don't remember hearing a bunch of no big deals back then...ax...gored...that whole thing.
    Those Democrats voted for the Patriot Act. To do otherwise was commiting political suicide.
    i'm not defending then, I am calling them out as cowards who were more worried about their careers in politics rather than upholding the oath they had sworn to.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    yes, i think we have to keep in mind the frame of mind that the country was in at the time of the patriot act's implementation. i think we have lost sight of the patriotic ferver that everyone was in back then.

that was at the same time people were telling people like me to get the hell out of the country for not supporting a free-for-all war in the middle east and for questioning the purpose of the patriot act, and questioning the federal government in general. people like me would get shouted down for asking questions against that mob mentality..

it was treason to ask questions back then.

anybody remember that?

Cosmo wrote:
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    I agree.

Those Democrats voted for the Patriot Act. To do otherwise was commiting political suicide.
    i'm not defending then, I am calling them out as cowards who were more worried about their careers in politics rather than upholding the oath they had sworn to.

It would be so nice if politicians looked at it as a service rather than a career. It has caused a lot of good things that could have solved a lot of problems to be destroyed. I can't believe at the end of the day that those who made decisions like the one you are talking about can look at themselves in the mirror and say I did my best...
    - Joe Rogan
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    It would be so nice if politicians looked at it as a service rather than a career. It has caused a lot of good things that could have solved a lot of problems to be destroyed. I can't believe at the end of the day that those who made decisions like the one you are talking about can look at themselves in the mirror and say I did my best...
    I was angry about this in 2005 as I am now... I don't care which political party hold the White House, I care about my rights getting trampled because we cower like a bunch of pussies everytime we hear the word, 'Terrorist'. We have to come to the realization that terrorists are not eroding our freedoms... WE are eroding our freedoms. We are letting fear get the best of us and we need to finally man up and tell them that we are willing to take the risk of attacks over the stomping of the basic principles of our nation.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    Cosmo wrote:
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    I was angry about this in 2005 as I am now... I don't care which political party hold the White House, I care about my rights getting trampled because we cower like a bunch of pussies everytime we hear the word, 'Terrorist'. We have to come to the realization that terrorists are not eroding our freedoms... WE are eroding our freedoms. We are letting fear get the best of us and we need to finally man up and tell them that we are willing to take the risk of attacks over the stomping of the basic principles of our nation.

With your statement, you just made it easier for terrorists to carry out their plans. They would love for us to stop surveillance activity. Another victory for them.
    With your statement, you just made it easier for terrorists to carry out their plans. They would love for us to stop surveillance activity. Another victory for them.
    The victory for them is to have us alter our way of living to suit them. if you choose to live your life in fear, that's fine. I just don't want your fear to empower my government to erode away the rights of my nation.
    Hail, Hail!!!