Edit: Mayor Rob Ford admits to smoking crack

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Jason P wrote:
    This guy is bushleague.

Our U.S. capital had a mayor get arrested for free basing cocaine in a widely distributed video, did time in the federal pen (while still holding the title of mayor of Washington D.C.) ... and got re-elected after he served his time.

I don't even want to go down the laundry list that the Playa Mayor compiled. It's impressive.

Once again you Canadians fail to impress us.

:yawn:

haha ...

that's just the surface ...

* this guy doesn't actually do any work ... he spent the majority of the fall coaching a high school football team (of which he just got fired) ...

* he's been caught reading a newspaper and driving and flipping off people

* he's had a dui in florida and has been kicked out of a leafs game for asshole behaviour (that's gotta say something cuz there are a bunch of assholes at leaf games)

* he hires kids he used to coach football as his "aides" even ones with a criminal record ...

* on the video of him smoking crack he also goes on to throw out racist comments about his football players

* dude weighs 300+ lbs and was supposedly on a weight loss challenge of which he participated by walking to the nearest kfc ...

give him a chance ... he'll make your detroit guy look like an all star soon enuf ...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Jason P wrote:

I will take that as a compliment! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    polaris_x wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    This guy is bushleague.

Our U.S. capital had a mayor get arrested for free basing cocaine in a widely distributed video, did time in the federal pen (while still holding the title of mayor of Washington D.C.) ... and got re-elected after he served his time.

I don't even want to go down the laundry list that the Playa Mayor compiled. It's impressive.

haha ...

that's just the surface ...

* this guy doesn't actually do any work ... he spent the majority of the fall coaching a high school football team (of which he just got fired) ...

* he's been caught reading a newspaper and driving and flipping off people

* he's had a dui in florida and has been kicked out of a leafs game for asshole behaviour (that's gotta say something cuz there are a bunch of assholes at leaf games)

* he hires kids he used to coach football as his "aides" even ones with a criminal record ...

* on the video of him smoking crack he also goes on to throw out racist comments about his football players

* dude weighs 300+ lbs and was supposedly on a weight loss challenge of which he participated by walking to the nearest kfc ...

give him a chance ... he'll make your detroit guy look like an all star soon enuf ...
    Don't forget how he keeps calling 911 to his home for basically no reason at all on a regular basis... like when his power went out (not to mention the domestic disturbance calls). And that he tried to turn part of the city park next to his house into his own property because he wanted to extend his backyard. :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Don't forget how he keeps calling 911 to his home for basically no reason at all on a regular basis... like when his power went out (not to mention the domestic disturbance calls). And that he tried to turn part of the city park next to his house into his own property because he wanted to extend his backyard. :fp:

:lol::lol:

yes ... the list is so exhaustive it's hard to remember it all ...
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 771
    Don't forget about his exchange with a woman at the ACC during a hockey game where he said " isn't there a town in Iran where you can go get raped."

He's a real class act, just like the "Torontonians" who voted him in. In fact I find it more depressing to know that these morons still support him and will vote for him again. As a downtown Toronto resident I can tell you that I don't know one person who voted for Ford. His support comes from the suburbs.
    Don't forget about his exchange with a woman at the ACC during a hockey game where he said " isn't there a town in Iran where you can go get raped."

He's a real class act, just like the "Torontonians" who voted him in. In fact I find it more depressing to know that these morons still support him and will vote for him again. As a downtown Toronto resident I can tell you that I don't know one person who voted for Ford. His support comes from the suburbs.

i will add this ... there strategy of hammering the propaganda is smart ... keep talking about savings and low taxes and whatever ... that's all his supporters want to hear ...

it's frustrating for sure ... i partly blame the toronto sun ... :lol::lol:
    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/05 ... urces.html

he's trying to destroy evidence now ... :lol::lol:

by law - city has to preserve this info ... :lol:
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    dignin wrote:
    Cool, thanks for clearing that up guys. You learn something new everyday.
    So now you're voting Green Party next election, right? :P

I will be probably voting for whoever has the best chance at beating the incumbent......which in Calgary won't be easy.

But at least we have Nenshi. Here is a quick comparison of his last 2 weeks with Rob Fords last 2 weeks.

http://o.canada.com/2013/05/29/rob-ford ... Sk.twitter

Poor Toronto
    polaris_x wrote:
    http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/05/29/rob_ford_former_staffers_email_telephone_records_ordered_destroyed_sources.html

he's trying to destroy evidence now ... :lol::lol:

by law - city has to preserve this info ... :lol:

I love this Rob Ford story, there are so many layers.
    dignin wrote:
    I will be probably voting for whoever has the best chance at beating the incumbent......which in Calgary won't be easy.

But at least we have Nenshi. Here is a quick comparison of his last 2 weeks with Rob Fords last 2 weeks.

http://o.canada.com/2013/05/29/rob-ford ... Sk.twitter

Poor Toronto

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

hahaha

just so wrong!
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Who cares about Rob ... Toronto elected him ... Vote him out in two years if your not happy ... At least the rest of us in Canada are getting a good chuckle.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Jason P wrote:
    This guy is bushleague.

:lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• One would have to think that after not saying anything for a week and the shooter of the video no where to be had, that maybe Ford himself purchased the phone and somemore crack and is having the last laugh.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

One would have to think that after not saying anything for a week and the shooter of the video no where to be had, that maybe Ford himself purchased the phone and somemore crack and is having the last laugh.

This is a distinct possibility
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Who cares about Rob ... Toronto elected him ... Vote him out in two years if your not happy ... At least the rest of us in Canada are getting a good chuckle.

actually ... there is nothing the rest of council would like except this guy keeps making the news for all the wrong reasons ...

dude barely shows up for work ... and he's lost all his support on council ... they are basically running the city without him ... no one really wants another election ... let's just get to 2014 and end this misery ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

actually ... there is nothing the rest of council would like except this guy keeps making the news for all the wrong reasons ...

dude barely shows up for work ... and he's lost all his support on council ... they are basically running the city without him ... no one really wants another election ... let's just get to 2014 and end this misery ...

I personally don't think the guys news worthy ... municipal politics is usually a better form of democracy and like you said council basically running the city, this just makes it easier for Olivier Chow in a couple years ... but he is a good chuckle.

• polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

One would think it is safe to say, you don't like the guy. :)

I liked the list that you put together the other day.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

obviously i'm not a supporter ... personally, i think i like the guy more ... i would say - i can't stand his supporters more than him ... :lol::lol:
    polaris_x wrote:

obviously i'm not a supporter ... personally, i think i like the guy more ... i would say - i can't stand his supporters more than him ... :lol::lol:

Being him is one thing, lots of people are fuckups....voting for him, well that takes a special kind of someone.
    dignin wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Being him is one thing, lots of people are fuckups....voting for him, well that takes a special kind of someone.
    Nothing wrong with disliking both. Definitely don't want to lessen the idiot's responsibility by transferring disdain from him to the voters. There is plenty of disdain to go around. ;)
    The plot thickens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22720437
    A second man has been arrested in the death of a man linked to a video purported to show Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine.

Hanad Mohamed, 23, is due to appear in court on Friday on a murder charge.

He is accused of killing Anthony Smith, 21, seen posing with Mr Ford in a photo reported to have been provided to news media by the people who have the video.

Mr Ford has denied the video exists, accusing the media of stoking a scandal that has roiled city politics.

Journalists from the Toronto Star and US website Gawker say they have seen - but not obtained - a video that appeared to show Mr Ford smoking the drug.

In a photograph they say was provided to them by the people who showed them the video, Mr Ford can be seen posing with his arm around Smith.

_67901194_ku-xlarge.jpg

Mr Mohamed was arrested on Wednesday in Alberta and is charged with murder.

In April, 23-year-old Nisar Hashimi turned himself in over the killing and also faces a murder charge.

The video has not been released publicly and has not been verified.

Gawker used a crowd-funding campaign to raise $200,000 (£140,000) to buy the video, but the website said it lost contact with the people in possession of the footage.

Mr Ford has said he does not smoke crack cocaine and is not an addict.

"I cannot comment on a video that I've never seen or that does not exist," he said last week.

The mayor has come under mounting pressure to resolve the issue as city councillors have called openly for him to step aside or seek help.

Two departures from the Toronto mayor's office on Thursday joined a stream of defections and sackings in recent days.

Brian Johnston, a policy adviser, told Canadian media he had resigned. Kia Nejatian, the mayor's executive assistant, has also left. It was unclear if Mr Nejatian had quit or been fired.

"The mayor wants to thank both Brian and Kia for their service and hard work. He wishes them all the best in their future endeavours," Mr Ford said in a statement.

Earlier in May, Mr Ford sacked his chief of staff Mark Towhey. His office has denied reports that it ordered emails and phone records to be destroyed after other city hall aides were fired or quit in recent days.

:lol::lol::lol: This guy is something else. That photo.... WTF does he think he's doing?! :lol:

Also, wtf happened to the people purportedly in possession of the video?? Did they get scared... or is it something more sinister, like they were threatened? :?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Dude knows how to party.

I'm giving him 6 / 10 on the Kwame scale now that a body count has started.
    Jason P wrote:
    Dude knows how to party.

I'm giving him 6 / 10 on the Kwame scale now that a body count has started.
    :lol:
    More staff quits the mayor.... councillors pissed.... premier comments.... Ford knows where the video is. :corn: :corn: :corn:

http://m.thestar.com/?content=a512c2230 ... ction=news
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    More staff quits the mayor.... councillors pissed.... premier comments.... Ford knows where the video is. :corn: :corn: :corn:

still polling the same ... :fp:
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    The plot thickens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22720437
    A second man has been arrested in the death of a man linked to a video purported to show Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine.

Hanad Mohamed, 23, is due to appear in court on Friday on a murder charge.

He is accused of killing Anthony Smith, 21, seen posing with Mr Ford in a photo reported to have been provided to news media by the people who have the video.

Mr Ford has denied the video exists, accusing the media of stoking a scandal that has roiled city politics.

Journalists from the Toronto Star and US website Gawker say they have seen - but not obtained - a video that appeared to show Mr Ford smoking the drug.

In a photograph they say was provided to them by the people who showed them the video, Mr Ford can be seen posing with his arm around Smith.

_67901194_ku-xlarge.jpg

Mr Mohamed was arrested on Wednesday in Alberta and is charged with murder.

In April, 23-year-old Nisar Hashimi turned himself in over the killing and also faces a murder charge.

The video has not been released publicly and has not been verified.

Gawker used a crowd-funding campaign to raise $200,000 (£140,000) to buy the video, but the website said it lost contact with the people in possession of the footage.

Mr Ford has said he does not smoke crack cocaine and is not an addict.

"I cannot comment on a video that I've never seen or that does not exist," he said last week.

The mayor has come under mounting pressure to resolve the issue as city councillors have called openly for him to step aside or seek help.

Two departures from the Toronto mayor's office on Thursday joined a stream of defections and sackings in recent days.

Brian Johnston, a policy adviser, told Canadian media he had resigned. Kia Nejatian, the mayor's executive assistant, has also left. It was unclear if Mr Nejatian had quit or been fired.

"The mayor wants to thank both Brian and Kia for their service and hard work. He wishes them all the best in their future endeavours," Mr Ford said in a statement.

Earlier in May, Mr Ford sacked his chief of staff Mark Towhey. His office has denied reports that it ordered emails and phone records to be destroyed after other city hall aides were fired or quit in recent days.

:lol::lol::lol: This guy is something else. That photo.... WTF does he think he's doing?! :lol:

Also, wtf happened to the people purportedly in possession of the video?? Did they get scared... or is it something more sinister, like they were threatened? :?

As I posted earlier. Blackmail goes a long way. "hey rob remember smoking crack with us on camera? Well you give us money or we go to a different source." Mr. Ford in his head. "Sheeeeet dem boys are playing hardball! I better give them some cash and try and make this go away!"

Voila, all of a sudden nobody has a beat on the person with the video anymore and Ford is looking better and better. Him and his brother probably watch it every night over a hit of crack and a drink.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    He looks like Dynamo from The Running Man.

th?id=H.4803475269877800&pid=15.1
    Jason P wrote:
    He looks like Dynamo from The Running Man.

th?id=H.4803475269877800&pid=15.1
    Ugh, I never thought a mayor of Toronto could be worse than that movie, but I think Ford's actually done it. :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

still polling the same ... :fp:
    :fp: He's still taking about running again next year. :fp:
    That's quite the mayor you've got there, TO. People still supporting him should be ashamed of themselves. I have to assume they are just other people like Ford. Scary that there are so many of them. I find the fact that a man like this can be the mayor of Toronto absolutely terrifying because of what it says about politics and the public that votes for them. Horrifying.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/24/ro ... the-better
    Rob Ford has got to go - the sooner the better

His political rap sheet tells why.

February 1999: Arrested in Florida for drunk driving and drug possession; pleaded no contest on the former charge; denies it during the 2010 Toronto mayoralty race, until presented with the evidence by the Toronto Sun.

April 2006: Security guards physically remove a drunken Ford from a Toronto Maple Leafs game; an out-of-town couple had asked him to be quiet, and Ford had slurred something about the woman wanting to be “raped and shot.”

March 2008: Ford is charged with assaulting his wife and uttering a death threat. The charges are abruptly dropped, in court, due to “inconsistencies” in his wife’s account.

June 2010: Ford is taped offering to buy a man “hillbilly heroin,” the powerful narcotic OxyContin. On the tape, he says he doesn’t know any dealers, but “I’ll f---ing try to find it.”

July 2011: A woman spots Ford on his cellphone while driving; when she reminds him it is a bad idea, he gives her — and her six-year-old daughter — the finger.

December 2011: Ford’s mother-in-law calls police, saying that her son-in-law has been drinking, and is threatening to take his children to the U.S., against his wife’s wishes.

August 2012: Ford is photographed reading papers while driving on a Toronto-area highway.

March 2012, June 2012, February 2013, March 2013: Photos and media reports circulate of Ford being intoxicated in public.

And, this month, this: An American website — and then the Toronto Star — detail seeing a video of Rob Ford, the mayor of North America’s fourth-largest city, allegedly smoking crack cocaine, and calling Justin Trudeau “a fag,” and the boys he coaches high school football “just f---ing minorities.” (That football team fired Ford days later.)

There’s more, a lot more.The slurs against minorities, gays and political opponents. The conflict of interest allegations, and the abuses of power. The appalling lapses in judgment — such as, just this week, permitting his staff to hand out Rob Ford fridge magnets at the funeral of the Toronto Sun’s founder, Peter Worthington.

Through it all, Ford and his repellant brother/enabler, Doug, refuse to accept any responsibility whatsoever. They blame a media conspiracy. They blame “pinkos.” They blame the provincial government. They blame everyone, in fact, who does not accept their retrograde ideology and their reckless ways.

After the extraordinary crack cocaine video surfaced, Ford could have stepped forward, denied the allegations, and offered to take a drug test — like his cabal regularly favour for transit workers or welfare recipients.

Or, he could have said this: “I have a substance abuse problem. For that, I am ashamed. I apologize to my family, my colleagues and the city. I will now step aside so that I can get help.” If he’d done that, I believe he would have been forgiven.

He would’ve been given a second chance. Canadians, after all, are a fair-minded and decent people.

But Rob Ford hasn’t done any of those things. He’s called the crack allegation “ridiculous,” and then gone into hiding.

Whatever his political utility once was — whatever he once did to help elect progressives — Rob Ford has brought shame and ridicule on us all, and he has provided young people with a terrible, terrible example.