http://youtu.be/vSp3rYfw00I
"This here's a REQUEST!"
EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
10/25/13 Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    Haa. In which way? Bleached hair, and stone looked like he actually liked music back then, like mike does now...
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    OMG yeah! I so thought he was Mike when it 1st started! :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I think that mike's stolen stone's hairstyle from the 90's, anyway... for some reason, I found Asian women extremely hot, specially from Japan and South Korea...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    mookieb10 wrote:
    Haa. In which way? Bleached hair, and stone looked like he actually liked music back then, like mike does now...

so i am not the only one who has been watching stone for the last ten years thinking he looks bored as hell, and ready to run away? :/
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    mookieb10 wrote:

so i am not the only one who has been watching stone for the last ten years thinking he looks bored as hell, and ready to run away? :/

You're definitely not the only one. Granted, when I last saw PJ in 2010, Stone seemed very energetic and into the shows. But I remember shows from the 2003 tour where he literally turned his back to the crowd at times and played standing completely still for large portions of the show. He didn't seem to want to be there. Hopefully the 2010 Stone is what I'll see going forward - doing his duck walk, bouncing around, and even smiling on occasion.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    But aren't we glad they're not just a hair band? :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    When I first saw them in 1994, stone was head banging throughout RVM, edge of the stage for RITFW and a dynamic part of the show...
    He's slowly making a comeback but seems to have lost the "lust" for audience interaction..
    Not sure why?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    mookieb10 wrote:

No, he scares me. Obviously i dont know the first thing about the personalities of the band members, but when i look at him on stage i see one disinterested human. Although him addressing the crowd in oslo made me think he mightjust be shy, but he didnt look too shy in those clips.
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    mookieb10 wrote:

No, he scares me. Obviously i dont know the first thing about the personalities of the band members, but when i look at him on stage i see one disinterested human. Although him addressing the crowd in oslo made me think he mightjust be shy, but he didnt look too shy in those clips.

I think it is mostly related to his peronality. Same things can be said for Jeff, as well. Jeff also doesnt interact with the crowd and adapts a bored face expression. But actually, that is their style. They are not forefront. They do their thing -leading the band musically- from behind.

That said, I've seen Stone lost it in Buenos Aires. During RVM, he was all over lying on the stage during the jam part, playing his part beautifully.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    jumbojet wrote:
    I think it is mostly related to his peronality. Same things can be said for Jeff, as well. Jeff also doesnt interact with the crowd and adapts a bored face expression. But actually, that is their style. They are not forefront. They do their thing -leading the band musically- from behind.

That said, I've seen Stone lost it in Buenos Aires. During RVM, he was all over lying on the stage during the jam part, playing his part beautifully.

I will take it up a notch and say that I think this is because these guys have introverted personalities. They can be very open and talkative one-on-one but when faced with a crowd, their introvertedness will surface. Introverted people dont show their feelings easily, especially in front of that many people. When they were young, their raw youthful energy was dominating their character but with age, the character starts to dominate the actions.

So, they may look what seems like disinterested and bored but I am sure they enjoy being there and deep down, they are experiencing explosions.

And how do I make these inferences, not being a psychologist or anything? Because I think I am like them - in terms of character.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    The irony is that STONE writes the funkiest songs of the entire band:
    Even flow; No way ; Rival; Go..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Gotta love the Stoney head bob boogeyman at 1:27 with a quick shot of the "old Mikey" right after.

Talk about BIZZARO World compared to now!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,749
    mookieb10 wrote:

I thought that in the mid-90s maybe. Last few shows I've been to, spanning from about 2006 to now, he's been a duck-walking, headbanging fool. Especially since he grew his hair out again.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    Wow, this song sounds incredible live when they play it at a slower tempo. I wish they'd go back to playing it like this instead of rushing through it. Great video. Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,374
    Like it or not
    We all get older as Ed and I are the same
    But this was when we were in our prime in the pit rocking or Ed crowd surfing
    Let me do it in Philly
    Looking for Philly tix trade
    TUES FOR MON NIGHT!!!
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22