Singles at London & Wrigley

AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
edited July 2013 in The Porch
Hello fellow fans,
We all know that because of our bat shit crazy love for this band,friendships & relationships just seem to work better with someone that "gets it".
A few friends and myself have been bouncing around ideas on how us Pearl jam singles can find each other and maybe have some meet ups while we are all at these 2 shows.
We have discussed a singles get together,not really sure that would work though,to many things to do,to many places to go to commit to one particular event at a committed time.
So we've kind of come up with the idea of getting the people who are into it to wear a PJ singles pin(which I would somehow make and mass produce for everyone) while travelling to,during your time in these cities and at the shows.
So at this point I just want to get a feel if anyone thinks this is a good idea,and how many people might be interested,and what show(s) you will be at.
Spread the word,and thanks for your time :D
I will walk w/my hands bound
I will walk w/my face blood
I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Hello fellow fans,
    We all know that because of our bat shit crazy love for this band,friendships & relationships just seem to work better with someone that "gets it".
    A few friends and myself have been bouncing around ideas on how us Pearl jam singles can find each other and maybe have some meet ups while we are all at these 2 shows.
    We have discussed a singles get together,not really sure that would work though,to many things to do,to many places to go to commit to one particular event at a committed time.
    So we've kind of come up with the idea of getting the people who are into it to wear a PJ singles pin(which I would somehow make and mass produce for everyone) while travelling to,during your time in these cities and at the shows.
    So at this point I just want to get a feel if anyone thinks this is a good idea,and how many people might be interested,and what show(s) you will be at.
    Spread the word,and thanks for your time :D

I'm not going to either one,but it sounds like a good idea. :D
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    Well with no posts so far apparently no one else think so :lol:

• neutron baumneutron baum Posts: 294
    Best thing to do is post on the board that you are looking for a date to a show. I did and I met the most amazing guy on here!
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I'm not coming/going to either show either but I know we tried to do something kind of the same around PJ20. We had some red "what happens at PJ20 stays at PJ20" badges made. I still have mine somewhere. I think there were some hook ups at PJ20, not especially from the buttons but it's definitely worth a go. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    To clarify, what exactly do you mean by singles? Individuals seeing PJ solo or people who are not in a monogamous relationship?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    Can the wife and I wear "Swingers" pins? HA!
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    I'm just picturing a massive Pearl Jam orgy :corn:
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    I'm just picturing a massive Pearl Jam orgy :corn:

The fans or the band? :lol:
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    that's the problem with the English language for foreigners: when I first saw the title I thought "no, it's not about the movie" and then I thought "oh, it is about vinyl singles available for shopping"... and it was neither... probably it is about people who got single tickets...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Link this thread with the 'Need a date for Wrigley' thread.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    duska3419 wrote:
    To clarify, what exactly do you mean by singles? Individuals seeing PJ solo or people who are not in a monogamous relationship?

People who are not in a relationship

Jesus you people make everything so complicated lol I'm not looking to share a ticket,take a date,or sell any vinyl lol Just thought it would be an interesting way,like the PJ20 reply,to meet like minded men,in my case.But the hell with it,if I see you and I think your cute,I'm just gonna ask you if your single lol

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    duska3419 wrote:

People who are not in a relationship

There's this one for Wrigley... http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=208142

And there's always this one.... http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5445
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Jesus you people make everything so complicated lol I'm not looking to share a ticket,take a date,or sell any vinyl lol Just thought it would be an interesting way,like the PJ20 reply,to meet like minded men,in my case.But the hell with it,if I see you and I think your cute,I'm just gonna ask you if your single lol
    Hun they're all dogs on th hunt...
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Best thing to do is post on the board that you are looking for a date to a show. I did and I met the most amazing goat on here!

fixed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    No Comment... 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Shorty wrote:
    Can the wife and I wear "Swingers" pins? HA!

i believe this is the thread you want

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=159181
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg