‘Operation Swill’: Bar caught selling ‘scotch’ made from...

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/23 ... -food-dye/

‘Operation Swill’: Bar caught selling ‘scotch’ made from rubbing alcohol and food dye

TRENTON, N.J. — State investigators say at least one bar in New Jersey was mixing food dye with rubbing alcohol and serving it as scotch.

That’s one of the details released Thursday about an investigation dubbed “Operation Swill.” Twenty-nine bars and restaurants in the state are accused of putting cheap booze in premium brand liquor bottles and selling it to patrons who thought they were buying the good stuff.

Officials would not say which bar used the rubbing alcohol. But they say no health issues were reported.

Officials have seized 1,000 bottles for testing.

Thirteen of the restaurants cited are TGI Fridays located in central and northern New Jersey.

TGI Fridays Inc. said in a statement it’s working with the franchisee and owner of the restaurants to investigate the allegations, which it called serious.
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    One of the bars named is one of my old haunts. Good thing I don't hang out in bars much these days. :lol:
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    sadly it shouldn't be a surprise.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    I love that they won't tell which bar was doing this....way to serve the public. :roll:
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Officials would not say which bar used the rubbing alcohol. But they say no health issues were reported.

Of course not. Because if you're at home throwing up, you probably just think you were drinking too much
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    For everyone that defends the taste of scotch ... how good can that shit really be if rubbing alcohol and food dye is fooling people?

:fp:

:lol:
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Who the fuck is going to Fridays to drink scotch?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • "hey Giesepie, you're wasting the mop water by pouring it down the drain. Let me get a few high end scotch and whiskey bottles and will top em on up. suckers will never know the difference as they are stupid enough not to drink it on ice or neat."

This story is f'd up!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Who the fuck is going to Fridays to drink scotch?

i was thinking along those line...does TGIF really have anything above bottom shelf booze in stock
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I drink scotch and my first thought was what scotch did they claim it was?
    Dewars? or J&B?

If i ordered a balvenie or lagavulian my usuals no way in hell they pass either off as that shit to me.

Even regular bar scotch like McCallan and Glelevit i doubt i would not notice.

I love me some scotch :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Jason P wrote:
    For everyone that defends the taste of scotch ... how good can that shit really be if rubbing alcohol and food dye is fooling people?

:fp:

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: