Should Pearl Jam Play in Israel?

Comments

• BlockheadBlockhead Posts: 1,534
    Blockhead wrote:
    I don't see why it matters...
    They play benefits for Murders...
    Hell, they even let a murder co-write lyrics to one of their songs...

please elaborate.
    WM3...
    the wolf wrote:
    Blockhead wrote:

please elaborate.

or don't. :roll:
    Relax buddy, It was only 6 minutes ago... :roll:
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Free wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:
    maybe some of you forgot the reason they still do this.......MONEY !
    politics and rock n roll.... :nono: these guy's are in a band not the white house,not the pagen god's you've made them out to be, let them play for the fans where ever they are..isreal or America they have a great talent to share and I'm sure people in Israel would like to see a PJ show as much as the rest of us.

"check your political opinion in at the door and enjoy the show"

Godfather.

They may play for money, but the band is really about politics and social justice. If they played Israel, it would mean they support what's going on there, because they are all about awareness. But that won't happen because they barely tour to begin with.

I find this opinion interesting... pj wont play Israel cause they barely tour anyway? really... that's why you seriously think they wouldn't tour Israel?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Blockhead wrote:
    Blockhead wrote:

please elaborate.
    WM3...

when I look at this issue I see it more as more pertaining to justice rather than guilt... that its about the accused getting a fair trial.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Free wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:
    maybe some of you forgot the reason they still do this.......MONEY !
    politics and rock n roll.... :nono: these guy's are in a band not the white house,not the pagen god's you've made them out to be, let them play for the fans where ever they are..isreal or America they have a great talent to share and I'm sure people in Israel would like to see a PJ show as much as the rest of us.

"check your political opinion in at the door and enjoy the show"

Godfather.

They may play for money, but the band is really about politics and social justice. If they played Israel, it would mean they support what's going on there, because they are all about awareness. But that won't happen because they barely tour to begin with.

I find this opinion interesting... pj wont play Israel cause they barely tour anyway? really... that's why you seriously think they wouldn't tour Israel?

It's a fact. If the band only tours a handful of shows a year, the few cities they are going to pick to play won't be a controversial one, unless they are doing it for support and awareness to the issues plaguing the area.
  • Bizniz iz bizniz!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Blockhead wrote:

Anyone who knows anything about this case knows the WM3 were stitched up.

Still, out of curiosity, why would you follow a band if you believe that band plays 'benefits for murderers'?

when I look at this issue I see it more as more pertaining to justice rather than guilt... that its about the accused getting a fair trial.
    Eddie Vedder should learn to be more "responsible" with his celebrity power. What is he doing now about the justice of the 3 kids who were murdered?
    Free wrote:
    Free wrote:

It's a fact. If the band only tours a handful of shows a year, the few cities they are going to pick to play won't be a controversial one, unless they are doing it for support and awareness to the issues plaguing the area.

please explain how your opinion is fact. pj are just about to play Chicago.. whats the awareness there aside from eddie being a cubs fan.. which we all already know. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Blockhead wrote:

Eddie Vedder should learn to be more "responsible" with his celebrity power. What is he doing now about the justice of the 3 kids who were murdered?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    ...if pearl jam ever play a commercial for a large corporation.

Then i will no longer like them.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
    edited May 2013
    Blockhead wrote:

eddie is being responsible by seeking justice for the victims through seeking justice for the wrongly accused. don't you want to know who murdered those children?
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Blockhead wrote:

Well, for a start he helped to free 3 innocent boys wrongly convicted of the murders, thereby increasing public awareness about the crime in the hope that the real perpetrators would subsequently be brought to justice.

And what are you doing about it?
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Blockhead wrote:

Still, out of curiosity, why would you follow a band if you believe that band plays 'benefits for murderers'?
    Anyone who know anything about this case (outside the of the documentaries) Knows the WM3 are guilty.

Am I not allowed to like their Music? I don't look to musical groups form my opinions or identity...
    Blockhead wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Blockhead wrote:

... I don't look to musical groups form my opinions or identity...

nor do I. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Blockhead wrote:
    Anyone who know anything about this case (outside the of the documentaries) Knows the WM3 are guilty.

So you're saying that the campaign group who fought to free the WM3 based their whole effort on the content of the documentaries, and didn't read the case records in their entirety? Because they did familiarize themselves with the case in it's entirety, and you know that. So why are you pretending otherwise?

Come to think of it, wasn't it you that got banned for starting two threads calling Eddie a liar, and in the process was exposed as lying on multiple aspects of this case? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    Blockhead wrote:

eddie is being responsible by seeking justice for the victims through seeking justice for the wrongly accused. don't you want to know who murdered those children?
    If Eddie is being responsible, then why did he lie about facts on this case in his SOLO tour (09) playbill?
    Why raise awareness to a case with lies/half-truths?
    How are you seeking justice for the victims when your only information is through half truth and one sided facts from a HBO documentary?
    Blockhead wrote:
    If Eddie is being responsible, then why did he lie about facts on this case in his SOLO tour (09) playbill?
    How are you seeking justice for the victims when your only information is through half truth and one sided facts from a HBO documentary?

why raise awareness to a case with lies/half truths? is justice not about the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Blockhead wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    please elaborate.

or don't. :roll:
    Relax buddy, It was only 6 minutes ago... :roll:

it was not a timing issue buddy.
    it was a genuine request on my part.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Blockhead wrote:

So you're saying that the campaign group who fought to free the WM3 based their whole effort on the content of the documentaries, and didn't read the case records in their entirety? Because they did familiarize themselves with the case in it's entirety, and you know that. So why are you pretending otherwise?

Come to think of it, wasn't it you that got banned for starting two threads calling Eddie a liar, and in the process was exposed as lying on multiple aspects of this case? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    LOL...
    I did start threads calling Eddie Vedder a liar, and you can still view them, never once was I banned or exposed as lying on any aspect. Your free to look those threads up and point out to me what lie I was exposed on?
    If your going to make your claim I expect you to do the research, much like this WM3 case, you won't, you'll just continue to believe what you want.
    A campaign group headed by a bunch of musicians and movie stars??? LOL
    Blockhead wrote:

Calling him a liar again? Unreal.

You were exposed as lying about the WM3 case back in 2011, and yet still continued calling Ed a liar, claiming that he based his whole knowledge of the case on the documentaries. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=167532&p=3869050#p3869050 You were then given a lengthy ban, and yet here you are two years later singing the same tune. That must be some chip on that shoulder of yours.
    Blockhead wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Blockhead wrote:

LOL...
    I did start threads calling Eddie Vedder a liar, and you can still view them, never once was I banned or exposed as lying on any aspect. Your free to look those threads up and point out to me what lie I was exposed on?
    If your going to make your claim I expect you to do the research, much like this WM3 case, you won't, you'll just continue to believe what you want.

free speech dude.. aint it grand? ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Blockhead wrote:
    LOL...

You lied on a number of points. I remember that as clearly as I remembered that the person who was caught lying was the same person that started those threads. And I don't need to go searching through those threads now looking for the finer details.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Blockhead wrote:
    LOL...

You lied on a number of points. I remember that as clearly as I remembered that the person who was caught lying was the same person that started those threads. And I don't need to go searching through those threads now looking for the finer details.
    I just skimmed through those posts again...
    And no where was I caught lying... If you can prove it go ahead... I know you won't because you can't.
    edited May 2013
    Blockhead wrote:
    And no where was I caught lying... If you can prove it go ahead... I know you won't because you can't.

I can, because you did. But I refuse to play your game, despite that cute little prompt at the end of your post.
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Blockhead wrote:

Calling him a liar again? Unreal.

You were exposed as lying about the WM3 case back in 2011, and yet still continued calling Ed a liar, claiming that he based his whole knowledge of the case on the documentaries. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=167532&p=3869050#p3869050 You were then given a lengthy ban, and yet here you are two years later singing the same tune. That must be some chip on that shoulder of yours.
    Ed Ved is a liar, plain and simple.
    I have never been banned on this website, plain and simple. (why don't you just ask KAT)
    So far your 0-2 today...
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Back to OP's question......No.....and I will provide no more insight....at this time.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Blockhead wrote:

I can, because you did. But I refuse to play your game, despite your silly little teaser at the end of your post.
    Teaser, I know the "research" effort you put into the WM3 case, and figured it would be the same for everything else, Your to lazy to read a thread to support your opinion/accusation and you want me to take you serious on thousands of documents on a murder case... LOL
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    "We were going to play the South this year but then this chance to play Israel came up instead, so..."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."