Music for training

booth jambooth jam Posts: 45
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Hi folks, I am training for my first triathlon at the end of the summer, I have been hitting the gym early morning to get on the treadmill and put some running miles in. The other morning I put on my ipod and listened to PJ's Yeild, what a great album for running, Brain of JFK gets you started up and Given to fly is a real boost to keep you going. Yesterday I chose Metallica's Kill em all, that just gets you going flat out and the miles fly by. Does anyone out there have any favourite albums or tracks they train to and keeps them motivated? And can anyone give me any tips for training for triathlon.

Peace :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory.
    Anything music from System of A Down.
    Can't think of anything else momentarily..
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Off the top of my head: Pendulum - In Silico (I remember bicycling really fast) & Clutch - Blast Tyrant (macho feeling)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    Beastie Boys is great to run to! Definitely do some running outside on whatever type of surface you will be running on during your tri (road, trail, etc.) Makes a huge difference in your ability to manage whatever is thrown at you. Good luck!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Metal

Any Metal

Preferably really intense metal, though.
  • Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    Rage against the machine :)
    Always good for motivation!

In terms of the triathelon - have fun and get your nutrition right :) Hydration is key to avoiding cramps
    good luck!
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Just lately I've found Vintage Trouble to be a good kick start.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Sepultura - Roorback
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Sidney Bechet.

Don't knock it till you try it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Soundgarden - King Animal
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317