Stone Gossard TALKS new album new PJ album [INTERVIEW AUDIO]

leecalleecal Posts: 58
edited May 2013 in The Porch
Stone on who plays with him on the new album. Stone talks about playing solo stuff on a Pearl Jam tour.
Just a very nice guy who even gave us a station ID - This is Stone Gossard from Pearl Jam! http://cbsloc.al/ZY6GMX

Thanks, Lee Callahan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nevermind90Nevermind90 Posts: 722
    So "a little while til this will be played live"? because he is busy?
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • leecalleecal Posts: 58
    Yeah, working on the new PJ album...
    leecal wrote:
    Yeah, working on the new PJ album...

He better :)
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Nice interview :D
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Thanks - it was a blast- he's so easy to talk to, even the 'stalking' question. He and Mike Mc were so open and ready to have a good time in their interviews. I didn't know about this forum all this time! Geez.

I have access to tons of Getty Images of PJ - think folks would be interested?
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i read the recap of the interview sounds awesome. stone is the man. no mention of new pj album though?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
    Battle cry!!!! I need a Battle cry!!!!!!!!!! a battle cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
    TO DiRtyFranK38 » 14 May 2013 17:04

You said, I read the recap of the interview sounds awesome. stone is the man. no mention of new pj album though?

Can't believe I left that out of the recap -- I just added it after listening again:
    Stone on touring Moonlander:
    I don't have any plans yet, but ultimately it would be great to play out. I think that's part of the plan, but we haven't made plans yet. Just finishing making, putting the final touches on a Pearl Jam record, and we've got some touring with that coming up.

I'd asked McCready about the album, he said if folks like PJ- they'll love the new album. He seemed hush hush on it, so I didn't press Stone. I think I'd better start pressing folks more, dammit!
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    leecal wrote:
    TO DiRtyFranK38 » 14 May 2013 17:04

You said, I read the recap of the interview sounds awesome. stone is the man. no mention of new pj album though?

Can't believe I left that out of the recap -- I just added it after listening again:
    Stone on touring Moonlander:
    I don't have any plans yet, but ultimately it would be great to play out. I think that's part of the plan, but we haven't made plans yet. Just finishing making, putting the final touches on a Pearl Jam record, and we've got some touring with that coming up.

I'd asked McCready about the album, he said if folks like PJ- they'll love the new album. He seemed hush hush on it, so I didn't press Stone. I think I'd better start pressing folks more, dammit!

I like the sound of that! touring WITH the new album sounds unreal
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Stone I got the message. I hate salmon. But for you, I will do that thing tomorrow ...
    Do you really like salmon that much?

My EX bff. has a doctorate in microbiology.

:fp: :fp: :fp:

She is an Idiot. She and her funky colleges are trying to save some silly fish in the same river.

I have 40 more reasons...
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Stone I got the message. I hate salmon. But for you, I will do that thing tomorrow ...

She is an Idiot. She and her funky colleges are trying to save some silly fish in the same river.

Do I see Preacher comics in your sig??? Best ever!!!
    october22 wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

WHAT? I have the entire "Preacher" series... I loaned a friend a copy.

preacher.jpg
    sIlly dude :lol:

Can you really see my books in my signature? WTF? Never thought of that.....
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    STAYSEA wrote:
    october22 wrote:
    STAYSEA wrote:

preacher.jpg

Can you really see my books in my signature? WTF? Never thought of that.....

I totally can! And considering I don't give a damn about sneakers, I focussed right on the books :)

Preacher is probably my favorite comic ever. So cool that you're into it too! I could be wrong but is that Y-The Last Man there also? If it's not and you haven't read it, get your butt to the shop tomorrow and buy it because it also is incredible.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread!
    october22 wrote:

preacher.jpg

Can you really see my books in my signature? WTF? Never thought of that.....[/quote]

I totally can! And considering I don't give a damn about sneakers, I focussed right on the books :)

Preacher is probably my favorite comic ever. So cool that you're into it too! I could be wrong but is that Y-The Last Man there also? If it's not and you haven't read it, get your butt to the shop tomorrow and buy it because it also is incredible.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread![/quote]

OMG????? Y man is in the middle of my signature?! I've only read it 20 times? :lol:

So, Yeah ... Stone , WE love the new ALBUM!!! I do!