Time For All The Israel Haters To Get off Of Facebook

BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
edited May 2013 in A Moving Train
It seems that quite a bit of the technology that Facebook currently uses and wants to use in the future come from Israeli start-ups that Facebook has spent many millions of dollars to purchase. And they want to spend a BILLION dollars more to buy yet another one.

So all you Israel haters who are on facebook might want to get off of there because you just might be putting millions of dollars in the pockets of Israelis!!

Snaptu $60-70 million
http://allthingsd.com/20110320/facebook-buys-israeli-mobile-startup-snaptu/

Face.com $100 million
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18506255

Waze $1 billion
http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-headlines/SS-2-63399/SS-2-229175/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Time for progressives to get off Facebook.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/05 ... zuckerberg

MoveOn, Sierra Club, and Daily Kos Spike Facebook Ads to Protest Mark Zuckerberg's Dark-Money Group

Nine big-name progressive groups, including MoveOn.org, the Sierra Club, and Daily Kos, announced Tuesday morning that they will yank their current paid advertisements on Facebook or cancel future ad buys in protest of FWD.us, the dark-money nonprofit that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg cofounded.

Zuckerberg and fellow tech entrepreneur Joe Green launched FWD.us last month in order to give Silicon Valley a greater political presence in Washington on issues that affect the tech industry. A bipartisan, bicoastal team of political strategists and organizers is running the operation, and the group's public supporters include the CEO of Dropbox, the cofounder of LinkedIn, a smattering of rock-star tech investors, and some guy named Bill Gates.
    The group has reportedly raised $25 million already, and while it lists its "major contributors" online, it does not say how much they contributed. FWD.us chose immigration reform as its first big cause, and it has lobbied Congress to expand the number of visas available to foreign engineers and other high-skilled workers that Silicon Valley firms would like to recruit.

As part of its immigration strategy, FWD.us ran a week's worth of ads praising Sen. Mark Begich (D-Alaska) for supporting more drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve (ANWR) and featuring Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) criticizing Obamacare and President Obama's stance on the Keystone XL pipeline. FWD.us ran the ads ostensibly to buy Begich and Graham some political cover to take a more moderate tack on immigration reform.

The ads are no longer on the air, but progressives are nonetheless fuming over FWD.us' tactics. Protesters recently demonstrated outside of Facebook's Menlo Park, California, headquarters, chanting, "Keystone, take a hike. Facebook dislike." CREDO Mobile, the progressive phone company*, distributed signs for that protest and also tried to run an ad on Facebook urging Zuckerberg to kill the pro-Keystone ads. Facebook rejected the ad, saying it violated company policy because it prominently used Zuckerberg's image.

Progressives United, a liberal nonprofit founded by former Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.), is leading the freeze on Facebook ad buys, which will last at least two weeks. Other participants in the protest include Democracy for America, the political action committee founded by Howard Dean; CREDO Super-PAC and CREDO Mobile; League of Conservation Voters; 350.org; and Presente, the progressive Hispanic advocacy group. It is unclear how much these groups actually spend or plan to spend on Facebook ads; there was no mention of Facebook ad spending in their announcement.

Kate Hansen, a spokeswoman for FWD.us, directed a request for comment to Facebook. Sarah Feinberg, a Facebook spokeswoman, declined to comment.

Leaders of the groups protesting Facebook said they don't disagree with FWD.us on the need for a major overhaul of the nation's immigration system. Their beef is with the nonprofit's political strategy thus far. "Leaders in the technology community have every right to talk about how immigration reform will benefit their businesses," Feingold said in a statement. "But instead, FWD.us has chosen a strategy that's condescending to voters and counterproductive to the cause of reform."

Nick Berning, a spokesman for MoveOn, added: "MoveOn members are committed to passing a comprehensive immigration reform bill this year, but unlike FWD.us, we don't support throwing other important issues like access to health care and action to combat climate change under the bus to do it. We find FWD.us and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg's advertisements promoting the dangerous Keystone XL pipeline and criticizing Obamacare deeply disturbing."
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    and for all China haters to put away their macbooks and iPads.

and all computer equpment really.....

In turn, no facebook for you.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    :yawn:
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Time for Palestine haters to get off of Palestinian land.
    :lol:
  • It seems that quite a bit of the technology that Facebook currently uses and wants to use in the future come from Israeli start-ups that Facebook has spent many millions of dollars to purchase. And they want to spend a BILLION dollars more to buy yet another one.

So all you Israel haters who are on facebook might want to get off of there because you just might be putting millions of dollars in the pockets of Israelis!!

Snaptu $60-70 million
    http://allthingsd.com/20110320/facebook-buys-israeli-mobile-startup-snaptu/

Face.com $100 million
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18506255

Waze $1 billion
    http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-headlines/SS-2-63399/SS-2-229175/

Who the hell would be on facebook if they hated Israel anyway, knowing the backround of a name like Zuckerberg?! Just saying.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    How is it even possible to hate a country? I mean, even if someone thinks they do, they really don't; because it's impossible. And it really only took me about five seconds to come to this pretty obvious realization.

Funny how certain uses of language can actually make us dumber.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Where do all the New England Patriot haters stand on The Facebook?

:think:
  • Susanne76Susanne76 Posts: 49
    Time for all haters to stop hating...
    I have wished for so long...
    How I wish for you today
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Susanne76 wrote:
    I hate haters.
    Which means... I hate me for hating people who hate me.
    I just blew my own mind.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Cosmo wrote:
    Susanne76 wrote:
    I hate haters.
    Which means... I hate me for hating people who hate me.
    I just blew my own mind.
    1284578079.jpg
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    The Israeli's have made some great advances in the field of technology... and that is truly awesome! That doesn't mean I can support the atrocities they commit to the Palestinian people.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    The Israeli's have made some great advances in the field of technology... and that is truly awesome! That doesn't mean I can support the atrocities they commit to the Palestinian people.

Exactly. The Nazis also made some great advances in the field of technology.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    edited May 2013
    Byrnzie wrote:

Exactly. The Nazis also made some great advances in the field of technology.

Yes they did. Sadly, much of it was at the cost of innocent people's lives.
    Post edited by peacefrompaul on
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    looks like zuckerberg is losing support from prominent financial backers because of this.

good.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • VivaPalestinaVivaPalestina Posts: 225
    Smellyman wrote:

Not sure whats so funny about the systematic dispossession of a people from their land. It is time for it to stop. Thank you drowned out.
    Smellyman wrote:

Not sure whats so funny about the systematic dispossession of a people from their land. It is time for it to stop. Thank you drowned out.

uhhh...I agree with him
  • VivaPalestinaVivaPalestina Posts: 225
    Smellyman wrote:

uhhh...I agree with him

I am so very sorry. I can have trouble misinterpreting smilies. I have a rotten memory, I appreciate your posts.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Shalom Alechem