the reality of a pearl jam fall tour

rna2525rna2525 Posts: 68
edited October 2013 in The Porch
Well guys ive been thinking about the upcoming us fall tour & i realized something.Where or what type of venues will the band be playing in? The fact is this band CANNOT sell out in my opinion any venue over 6-7k people.

since the backspacer tour.....they played mostly mediocre venues like the 4 nights in gibson.etc.

Unless its a Festival or some gimmikie thing like closing out the spectrum this band is in real trouble.

they havent produced much since yield & are defenitely due for a promising album.if not they will b next to nothing here in the states.

id imagine this is why they are waiting so long to announce anything..its prob really hard to figure out how to make it all work.

I KNOW they will sell out in seattle if they play the rumored two shows @ key..but that just wont cut it.

Whata u all think?

Seems to me all the GUYS are truly in love with their side projects (which are all shit btw)...and they are genuienly enjoying themselves unlike when they are together for pearl jam)

please b4 reading this and over reacting think about it for a minute.

Finally in closing,

I personally believe this band does not have the confidence to do a all out us tour.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    :lol: they will easily sell out every venue they play in the northeast. I know that for sure
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    Yawn
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    :fp:
  • slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 682
    :lol::lol::lol:
    They will sell out any and all nights in Philly
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    :corn:
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
    I think they could sell out a baseball stadium in Chicago in record time.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    rna2525 wrote:
    The fact is this band CANNOT sell out in my opinion any venue over 6-7k people.

:lol::lol:
  • lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
    I think they could sell out a baseball stadium in Chicago in record time.

LMFAO!! :lol:
  • Geeze, I hope you were drunk or other things when you wrote this.
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    this is not quality trolling
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Best laugh I've had on the board in some time. Jeez. :fp:
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    They put 25,000 in the middle of a corn field in freakin' central Indiana back in 2010! :D
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    rna2525 wrote:
    Well guys ive been thinking about the upcoming us fall tour & i realized something.Where or what type of venues will the band be playing in? The fact is this band CANNOT sell out in my opinion any venue over 6-7k people.

since the backspacer tour.....they played mostly mediocre venues like the 4 nights in gibson.etc.

Unless its a Festival or some gimmikie thing like closing out the spectrum this band is in real trouble.

they havent produced much since yield & are defenitely due for a promising album.if not they will b next to nothing here in the states.

id imagine this is why they are waiting so long to announce anything..its prob really hard to figure out how to make it all work.

I KNOW they will sell out in seattle if they play the rumored two shows @ key..but that just wont cut it.

Whata u all think?

Seems to me all the GUYS are truly in love with their side projects (which are all shit btw)...and they are genuienly enjoying themselves unlike when they are together for pearl jam)

Finally in closing,

I personally believe this band does not have the confidence to do a all out us tour.

Mr. rna2525, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    rna2525 wrote:
    The fact is this band CANNOT sell out in my opinion any venue over 6-7k people.

Uhh...

http://pearljam.com/tour
    rna2525 wrote:
    Whata u all think?
    That you're wrong?
  • KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    They'll sell out every date if/when they play the South.
    I don't think they're in trouble at all.
    If there are signs pointing in that direction, I'm not aware of it.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I'm with the op... who's Pearl Jam
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Will they hurry up and become obsolete. I'm dying to see them at the Webster theater for 15 bucks.
  • NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    by rna2525 » May 6th, '13, 16:01

Whata u all think?

Finally in closing,

You sir, are on drugs. And not the good kind. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • DubGDubG Posts: 127
    rna2525 wrote:

Whata u all think?

Finally in closing,

Wow first off I think you should not re-new your membership as your just flat out wrong. Won't sell out anything over6-7k? Really? They sold out wriggly in the fastest any concert ever held there. Last time I saw them at Pj20 I'm pretty sure there was 35k plus some. This post is just comical and I am just in awe of people nonsense that comes out of there mouths...good day sir...
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Will they hurry up and become obsolete. I'm dying to see them at the Webster theater for 15 bucks.
    Yes!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    did you just awake from a coma? or did you suffer blunt force trauma to your head. you are unreal.
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Shouldn't this thread just be locked and deleted?
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Yeah, you're right....we can only expect PJ playing at our local county fair at the local 4-H grounds opening for Weird Al Yankovic this fall. It's over.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i swear people get more and more fucking stupid on this board every day.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    No album and no tour news make jack a dull boy
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    satansbed wrote:

This.

It's their first US show (not counting festivals) since PJ20, right? And that was their first US shows (not counting festivals) since the US 2010 tour, right?

They haven't toured the US in a while. Obviously, demand is going to be high.

With that said, they *did* seem to have a bit of trouble in 2010 with the notable exception of MSG...and they didn't even sell out Alpine Valley, which everyone knew was going to be huge.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    rna2525 wrote:

the gibson was mediocre???? :wtf:

rna2525 wrote:

actually, seattle isn't one of their bigger markets anymore....at least it didn't feel like it for the last two shows at key :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    rna2525 wrote:

I actually agree with this sentence. Pearl jam should play 40 to 50 shows every two years in the u.s. but for some reason they just won't.

now i wasn't at every show since backspacer came out but the shows i was at i'd like to give a conservative estimate on how many people were at each show.

spectrum night 2: 5300
    spectrum night 3: 4500
    spectrum night 4: 4600

crazy they played the same venue 4x and barely sold out the floor

hartford: a few seats in the 100's were sold so i'd say around 2285
    newark: not a sold out show but it was announced 40 days before the show...attendance around 1500. hello it's in newark
    msg 1: maybe 7000? this was a big draw so they announce a 2nd night
    msg 2: probably around 7500. the biggest crowd i've ever seen at a pj show

alpine valley night 2: 3500....it was a lawn only show. dimi took up a lot of space (i kid my friend!)
    toronto night one: 800 it was crazy that no one bought tickets but they announced a 2nd date!

made in america festival, philadelphia
    it was sad. ed counted us all...there was eight hundred and sixty five of us at a festival show. oh well.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pearljam133pearljam133 Posts: 202
    Dude don't let these guys get you down. I've been saying the same thing you just posted for a few years now. PJ fans are in denial. They need to accept the state that PJ is in. They can't go to every city and sell out. I seen them in Cleveland '10 and it was a good turnout but not great. There's a reason they keep playing festivals in Europe and SA. SA is like 20 years behind in American pop culture, pretty soon they'll learn about Britney Spears lol. They have purposely avoided touring in the US. In 2011, as they were celebrating their 20th anniversary, PJ toured Canada. What? Why the hell do you tour Canada when you're celebrating your anniversary? Because Canadas economy is doing good. I want to see PJ as much as the next guy, I wish they'd give me the opportunity to see them several times a year within driving distance of my city. And if they have to start playing smaller venues in order for this to happen, so be it. I don't care if they play in arena, I just want to see them live somewhere. And by the way, for those of you arguing about Wrigley selling out so fast....of course it did. Its a special event at the most famous baseball park on America. Oh, and Chicago is the 3rd biggest city in thr country. Nearly any decent act would sell it out. I know I'm kinda dissing the band, but its the truth. They're my inspiration and have changed my life through music, but facts are facts. PJ is just trying to stay afloat now.
    5/2/2003 - Buffalo, NY
    5/9/2010 - Cleveland, OH
    9/11/2011 - Toronto, ONT
    9/12/2011 - Toronto, ONT
    7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field
    10/11/2013 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/2013 - Buffalo, NY
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    I'm with the op... who's Pearl Jam

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This reply made reading the thread well worth it.
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...