I hope the guys don't read the board...

TribeintoBreathTribeintoBreath Posts: 880
edited May 2013 in The Porch
Run for it, Marty.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I just don't understand all of the criticism toward a group of guys who give so much.
    Run for it, Marty.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    I'm with ya on that
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    but.. but... ole really does suck.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    Hopefully they have better things to do and are not as pathetic as all of us are. :oops:
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Hopefully they have better things to do and are not as pathetic as all of us are. :oops:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534

:lol: One could only hope.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Sometimes I'd think they'd be happy to see what we put on here.
    Sometimes very sad and frustrated to no end.

I don't get it sometimes. We love them don't we?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293
    StillHere wrote:
    Sometimes I'd think they'd be happy to see what we put on here.
    Sometimes very sad and frustrated to no end.

I don't get it sometimes. We love them don't we?
    I agree! We do love them...it's a fan club after all! I doubt the band ever comes on here but if they did I hope they ignore the complaining and focus on the positives :)
  • lawguylawguy Posts: 257
    I was thinking about this just the other day and I came to the conclusion that 100% absoluetly for sure they read the board.

I am not saying they are here on a daily basis reading every post. But its human nature. If you know a bunch of people are talking about you and your life/job/art/whatever you want to call it, then eventually you will break down and look.

I know these guys are all rich rock stairs with better things to do, but they also have plenty of those "normal" days where not much is getting done and the surf the web for a couple hours. I have to believe they will peek their head in here. I also tend to believe one, if not all, have a screen name that they can post with. Again, not on a daily basis or anything. But every once in a blue moon I would think something, either good or bad, motivates them to post something.

Another reason why I think they might check the board is because this band is their "job". I know that if I released something for public consumption, like music, then I would be very curious about how people feel about it and the general feed back.

The only reason why they might NOT read the board is because the overall craziness of people. They might have had enough of what other people thinkg by 1992. 20+ years later, they might be over it. However, I doubt it. I still think with near certainty that they all take a peek at least a couple times a year.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I heard Ed sits down and reads this forum for an hour every morning when he's enjoying his coffee ;)
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    From what I understand.. Things are relayed to them,
    And if they wish to read said topic, they're directed to it.
    But they seem to know an awful lot about what's up over here.
    P.S. I laughed my ass off at the thought of ANY of them
    dedicating an hour to read over here! ESPECIALLY Ed!!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Why, what happened?

Are people not allow to criticize the band now?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    I think the message board and what is said on it means diddley squat to the band.

They do whatever they want unless it involves the bottom line of money.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    I would hope they pop by every so often just to see what's going on with the fan base (HI GUYS! :wave: :wave: )

People criticizing the band here and there don't bother me. I think it's healthy to have differing opinions as long as everyone is respectful of each other. The chronic complainers, I just ignore completely. It's the people who jump all over the people who have even something remotely negative to say about the band that's killing the vibe for me here, frankly. If you're bothered by the negativity, just post something positive instead rather than complaining about the people complaining.

I guess this means I'm complaining about the people who complain about the complaining people :crazy: :crazy: but I think I'm allowed since I rarely complain.

Happy Sunday everyone!
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    edited May 2013
    They are among us. They are the most annoying, complaining ones. They like to test our will.

Seriously speaking, I think they are briefed if there is some official petition with huge participation, etc...
    Post edited by jumbojet on
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Suziemay wrote:

I guess this means I'm complaining about the people who complain about the complaining people :crazy: :crazy: but I think I'm allowed since I rarely complain.

Happy Sunday everyone!
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • PU38569PU38569 Posts: 260
    but.. but... ole really does suck.

True, but the Ole retrospective documentary poster presale presale was pretty awesome....

I just got the official boot of the band's accountant humming to himself while tallying the numbers. It's got this great zippity doo dah / beast of burden / I've been workin on the railroad jam.
    This is a birthday pony
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I seriously doubt they give a shit.

But if they did........... they probably wouldn't give a shit. :P

And Ole sucks.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Yep, I gotta say I hit skip on Ole today & I NEVER do that with a PJ song(I don't have FoxyMop or AyeDavanita on my phone).

That's what I have to add to this. 8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    morello wrote:
    Yep, I gotta say I hit skip on Ole today & I NEVER do that with a PJ song(I don't have FoxyMop or AyeDavanita on my phone).

I would agree with you. Im thinking that song was just made for non USA shows. I haven't read anything about the making of the song but it seems like a tribute to how awesome the croweds are outside the states.

I see shows were they (non US) cheer/sing as one for seems like 10/15 minutes. Shoot here in the US get tired of doing the wave. After 2, 3 times around.
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Suziemay wrote:
    People criticizing the band here and there don't bother me. I think it's healthy to have differing opinions as long as everyone is respectful of each other. The chronic complainers, I just ignore completely. It's the people who jump all over the people who have even something remotely negative to say about the band that's killing the vibe for me here, frankly. If you're bothered by the negativity, just post something positive instead rather than complaining about the people complaining.....

This times 10000000000000

I've seen it with so many other message boards. The chronically negative people basically win once "regulars" start responding to the negative posts with negative posts of their own, even if the response is in defense of the band.
  • dwhite76 wrote:
    morello wrote:

I would agree with you. Im thinking that song was just made for non USA shows. I haven't read anything about the making of the song but it seems like a tribute to how awesome the croweds are outside the states.

I see shows were they (non US) cheer/sing as one for seems like 10/15 minutes. Shoot here in the US get tired of doing the wave. After 2, 3 times around.

Totally. It's a beautiful thing to watch the SA crowds get into it.
    Run for it, Marty.
  • slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 682

haha...let's hope
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    Eddie is on here with a fake name bumping the "pictures Where Ed looks hot" thread all the time..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Eddie is on here with a fake name bumping the "pictures Where Ed looks hot" thread all the time..
    :mrgreen:

(I checked out a bit of that thread awhile back...then backed away, post-haste. The PJ w/cats thread though? GOLD!)
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    They're too Busy making Music...lol
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I know for sure 10c staff reads the board way more than you guys think (not just Kat and Sea), as for members of the band...they probably pop on to skim thru here and there.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I sincerely doubt the band reads anything here
  • KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    I would be very surprised if they read anything on the board. They're too busy. Can you imagine Matt logging on today? No way. But it would be very cool.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I heard Ed sits down and reads this forum for an hour every morning when he's enjoying his coffee ;)

I Do, but i rarely read anything on the Porch