May the Whigs be the opening act?

White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,811
edited April 2013 in The Porch
Love them Georgia Boys!!!! Sweet pic they just posted hanging out with EV

dad64b98-d8dd-4891-8bfe-21be61fcce11_zps2daaea0d.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NB58302NB58302 Posts: 105
    The Whigs are awesome. To see them open for Pearl Jam would a breath of fresh air.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1GL1YY3JOs
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    That would be really, really cool. Johnny Marr's in this pic though, too, so unless it's a rather amazing three band bill, I wouldn't take this as a clue.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    I still prefer the free credit report band as an opener
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Hope so. Behind the times a 'lil but I've been getting into them the last year or so.

It'd be pretty sweet!!
    Hey, hey. My, my. Rock and roll can never die.

"Why go home? I am home! And I gotta tell you, it feels FUCKIN GREAT to be here. You may experience this yourself but, if you were born in Chicago, you're always from Chicago. And even if you don't live in Chicago, Chicago will always live in you."-Ed
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    http://www.thestrokes.com/us/news/us-tour

This is what I'm secretly hoping for even though it's not going to happen. May the Whigs would be fine with me and more realistic. And better than X. But in the end, we're all really going to these shows for one reason: Pearl Jam.
  • EarlWelsh wrote:
    That would be really, really cool. Johnny Marr's in this pic though, too, so unless it's a rather amazing three band bill, I wouldn't take this as a clue.

And so is Isaac Brock! Come on people!!

Modest Mouse opening for PJ would be about the best opener i could hope for at this point in my old-man PJ fan-guy life.

I'd take Johnny Marr too.

cheers
  • White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,811
    I usually don't care who opens for PJ but some new blood as a opening act would be nice
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    EarlWelsh wrote:

And so is Isaac Brock! Come on people!!

Modest Mouse opening for PJ would be about the best opener i could hope for at this point in my old-man PJ fan-guy life.

I'd take Johnny Marr too.

cheers

Is Marr still with Modest Mouse? Love the album he did with them and while I'm not hugely familiar with his work, he seemed to really add alot of interesting things.