if you opened your own bar/pub...

conmanconman Posts: 7,493
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
what would you call it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited April 2013
    I like it when a bar has a friendly and relaxing atmosphere, so I would call it something like The friendly corner ;)
    Or maybe The cool dog pub..
    I would have stand up comedy every Friday.. :D
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I'd pull a Nathan Fielder and call the bar "Free Beer" then have some Buy 20 beers get 1 free* loophole.

*Free with rebate if you deliver the rebate form to a box on top of a mountain before last call.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,789
    "The Stagger Inn"
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJ Cafe
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    The Drunken Clam

93A38B2F-D188-4C1A-860F-CF6DF9D1FB7D-1031-000000A73075F647_zpscd5c5a10.jpg
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    The whispering taint
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    The Fog
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    "The Stagger Inn"

:lol:

Nice one.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    LloydXmas wrote:
    The whispering taint
    :lol::lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Flip Cup
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5hK0MgFBSIyGG1nhUfjYQ0JPImFYaSzrbPi3gwE1JrMCXN3Bv
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Maxi's Pad!!
    Bloody Mary's would be our specialty!
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Maxi's Pad!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :fp: :lol::lol::lol: :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    "The Captain's Table"
    81 wrote:
    Maxi's Pad!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :fp: :lol::lol::lol: :fp:
    You have to admit, that that is twisted, but funny!!
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Marley's on the Beach
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    "The Stagger Inn"

There was a place by me called the Sail Inn. The unofficial motto was: You Sail Inn, and crawl out.

A friend had the idea of having a bar near the train tracks and calling it "Tracks." There would be a vintage jukebox. I liked that idea.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    "The Stagger Inn"

There was a place by me called the Sail Inn. The unofficial motto was: You Sail Inn, and crawl out.

A friend had the idea of having a bar near the train tracks and calling it "Tracks." There would be a vintage jukebox. I liked that idea.
    Wouldn't work too well I'd think.. Ever been within a mile of
    A train, or closer???? Those things are LOUD!!!
    "The Stagger Inn"

That's what I like about it. :lol:
    I liked your idea too. I just dont like bloody Marys. Im a fan of gross. :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Habit
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    "The Stagger Inn"

already done...well...without the vintage juke box

home1.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Greeklish Pub

our motto: "Why Now U Dont Drinkin?"
    81 wrote:
    "The Stagger Inn"

already done...well...without the vintage juke box

home1.jpg

Yeah, I t wasnt too original. Then there's the drug reference thing. :fp: I havent thought this through.

maybe a freight train rumbling along at 60mph with it's horn blowing.

we have lots of trains that run around chicago...both big and small. they aren't that loud unless you are right up by the tracks, and even than it's not to bad. our favorite mexican place sits across the street from some tracks. never have an issue with conversation when a train pulls in
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    The Greeklish Pub

:lol:
    81 wrote:

maybe a freight train rumbling along at 60mph with it's horn blowing.

we have lots of trains that run around chicago...both big and small. they aren't that loud unless you are right up by the tracks, and even than it's not to bad. our favorite mexican place sits across the street from some tracks. never have an issue with conversation when a train pulls in

this place is near me. Actually I used to live a block away from it, 20 years ago when it was just a small hole in the wall bar. and its about 20 feet from the tracks:

http://railroadhouse.net/
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    The Greeklish Pub

:lol::lol::lol:
    "The Captain's Table"

There's a place where I'm from called "The Crow's Nest". It's an officers club... really cool... it actually has one of 5 (in the entire world) working German U-boat submarine's periscopes in the place.... it's in the corner and goes up through the roof so you can see out in the harbor... super cool... had some friends with some miltary connections so we can get in there from time to time when there's not an event happening.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    "The Stagger Inn"

In Houston I've seen 2 bars very near the railroad tracks - one is called "The Usual" (and it's actually a gay bar) and the other is called "The Railyard" (and here's where I see this thread heading off topic... :lol:)
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    The Toasted Barrel... We would have the greatest selection of Kentucky's finest and be known for our mixologists.
    GoiMTvP.gif