75 RSD Mad Season Above records on sale tonight!!

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
edited May 2013 in The Porch
At 12:01am GMT (UK Time) tonight there will be 75 RSD Mad Season MOV Vinyl copies for sale over @ http://www.banquetrecords.com/RSD13MADSEASON for £24.99.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Just to say we're in BST now, so it's 22.15 here at the moment -

ETA - just clarified with them and they do mean 00.01 BST - so an hour and a half.

Also, Resident have the Mad Season vinyl listed too
    http://www.resident-music.com/collection&path=11064
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    So in an hour and a half from two minutes ago? :p
    demetrios wrote:

yeah, but if people were looking for GMT on a timezone thingy they'd have been trying to buy in 20 minutes. Was only trying to help just in case.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    demetrios wrote:

pretty sure london is 6 hours ahead of me, and you are head of me....so it all sounds about right.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    US fans should just go to soundstagedirect. Free shipping.
    Server is taking a beating.
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    dottles wrote:
    Just to say we're in BST now, so it's 22.15 here at the moment -

ETA - just clarified with them and they do mean 00.01 BST - so an hour and a half.

Also, Resident have the Mad Season vinyl listed too
    http://www.resident-music.com/collection&path=11064
    it cost 50$ including shipping to Greece
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    haha..nice,took me 1 min to put my cc info and then clik to place the order..and the one i had in my card
    dissapear..out of stock at resident..
    was trying for a friend,bummer..will find it,but is stupid when this happening..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DamianKDamianK Posts: 192
    Resident has taken a pounding tonight! Took me 45 mins to get my blind melon order through the checkout! Nightmare!!
    DamianK wrote:
    Resident has taken a pounding tonight! Took me 45 mins to get my blind melon order through the checkout! Nightmare!!
    all word fast for me,but..when i put my cc and click to finish order put me back at page and said,some products are not available or out of stock..
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    haha..nice,took me 1 min to put my cc info and then clik to place the order..and the one i had in my card
    was trying for a friend,bummer..will find it,but is stupid when this happening..

Dimi banquet still have 60ish left (or they did 10 mins ago)

Be patient with banquet it is a great little (emphasis on the little) record store. It is where I go on RSD. They will have never had to deal with this kind of traffic and their site isn't built for it.

They have 6 staff working through the night tonight to deal with this sale

Edit: just checked and 57 at 01:23 BST

They've just tweeted that they can't get on the site either so can't start packing orders
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:

Dimi banquet still have 60ish left (or they did 10 mins ago)

Be patient with banquet it is a great little (emphasis on the little) record store. It is where I go on RSD. They will have never had to deal with this kind of traffic and their site isn't built for it.

They have 6 staff working through the night tonight to deal with this sale

Edit: just checked and 57 at 01:23 BST

They've just tweeted that they can't get on the site either so can't start packing orders
    that pippa,ill hit f5!! :) ..thanks for the info
    DamianK wrote:

Took me a while to score Soundgarden's King Animal Demos 10" black vinyl. Had a few order numbers but when I hit continue, the webpage error of death kicked into gear. The order didn't show up in my profile history. It was still in cart. Even after processes with my credit card for a while. Had to email them about the problem. Got an email from Natasha from Resident, and she said none of my order numbers went through. Later did one go threw. One 1 of 5 order numbers I completed, she said. It's scary cause here @ the 10club & other online stores, if you get an order number even if it's not in your account history, you're ok. But there, if it's not showing up in your account history, your order didn't go through, even if you received an order number while processing to the very end.
    25 left
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    a few minutes ago there were 40 left...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

Hope peeps got what they wanted in the end. These little independents do not get this kind of volume of traffic so last night was hard for them as they cherish the commitment to the customer.
    I know my little shops didn't get any Mad Season and I got the Soundgarden for a PJ friend in Athens so I couldn't help with those today.
    very cool that Resident sent email to let me know and apologize about the order and the chaos at their site last night..
    good service..
    dottles wrote:
    Hope peeps got what they wanted in the end. These little independents do not get this kind of volume of traffic so last night was hard for them as they cherish the commitment to the customer.
    I know my little shops didn't get any Mad Season and I got the Soundgarden for a PJ friend in Athens so I couldn't help with those today.
    nice u help a fellow pj greek fan.. :mrgreen: :wave: :thumbup:
    dottles wrote:
    nice u help a fellow pj greek fan.. :mrgreen: :wave: :thumbup:

I was happy to, managed to help a few people out
  • Thanks for posting, I had not paid enough attention, thinking RSD was just an American thing :fp: as my local record store is a stand in the market with loads of great old stuff but too small to afford to get new stuff and involved in RSD etc.
    Thanks for posting, I had not paid enough attention, thinking RSD was just an American thing :fp: as my local record store is a stand in the market with loads of great old stuff but too small to afford to get new stuff and involved in RSD etc.

The one in Truro near me is the Pannier Market, a small shop/permanent stand and they decided to get involved this year :D You never know!
    Lucky 13 left.
    Thanks for posting, I had not paid enough attention, thinking RSD was just an American thing :fp: as my local record store is a stand in the market with loads of great old stuff but too small to afford to get new stuff and involved in RSD etc.

No problem! Many other countries do celebrate this RSD thing. Sad this only happens once a year. It should be happening in my opinion once every month. Let's say the last Saturday of every month. Yeah we also get the Black Friday Vinyl event. But that's not good enough.
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I ordered the Blind Melon RSD LP from that site, so even though not Mad Season, thanks for posting
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    Now there's 3 left ...
    Sold out.

Though sometimes things alway's come back to cart. Cause just a few day's ago they had a few of these River Of Deceit 10" RSD singles available for sale. http://www.banquetrecords.com/MSBF12 .

If it doesn't have the tag on the image with "out of stock", then it's not really sold out. For example .. http://www.banquetrecords.com/249998
  • Banquet Records is a great store and offers excellent online service. Until I moved overseas recently I was lucky enough to have them as my local record store.

It may be worth noting they have a Twitter account @BanquetRSDfeed which is dedicated to Record Store Day releases.

They are still regularly updating it with restock information and announced more Mad Season LPs about 50 minutes ago (1:30pm UK time) if people are still looking.
    hmmm ... http://www.banquetrecords.com/RSD13MADSEASON has 16 more back in stock?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Just a bump to say Banquet still have some Mad Season!

Here is a link to a clip so you can see just how tiny Banquet is and how seriously us locals take RSD :shock: :lol: I was there for the in store at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkyZYxJP ... r_embedded

So if you want to support a great little shop they still have quite a lot of RSD stock so give them a look ...

http://www.banquetrecords.com/search.jsp?corner=RSD13
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?