Options

Accused bomber was on welfare.

unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
edited April 2013 in A Moving Train
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/lo ... e_benefits

I disagree with providing welfare to immigrants no matter their legal or illegal status. If you can't come here and be a productive member of society then you should not be able to come here to leech off us. There needs to be incentive to invest your future here, not get funding to blow up innocent people. I realize that some people need help but this crap needs to stop.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    Something we agree on.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    unsung wrote:
    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/04/tamerlan_tsarnaev_got_mass_welfare_benefits

I disagree with providing welfare to immigrants no matter their legal or illegal status. If you can't come here and be a productive member of society then you should not be able to come here to leech off us. There needs to be incentive to invest your future here, not get funding to blow up innocent people. I realize that some people need help but this crap needs to stop.

:clap:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    Agreed , but it's not like if he had a job this wouldn't of happened ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    unsung wrote:
    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/04/tamerlan_tsarnaev_got_mass_welfare_benefits

:wtf: and he blows up Americans, so much pain and suffering, asshole is too good of a word for him.

I agree with you unsung wholeheartedly.
    Our country has lost all common sense.
  • Options
    Easy to believe America is the great Satan when she is paying your bills, I guess. The uncle was right; these two were losers.

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    what the cuss?

timothy mcveigh was a registered republican who voted libertarian and had an NRA membership ... and he was roman catholic ...

way to take something tragic to push an agenda that is completely unrelated ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    what the cuss?

timothy mcveigh was a registered republican who voted libertarian and had an NRA membership ... and he was roman catholic ...

it makes the fact he was on taxpayer bread and butter all the more tragic :fp:
    and pissy
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    pandora wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    what the cuss?

and pissy

really, this made it more tragic?

as for the org. post, was this person not a citizen?
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I believe his younger brother was but he was not.
  • Options
    unsung wrote:
    I believe his younger brother was but he was not.
    yes the younger brother became a US citizen last Sept 11th :evil: irony or ?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    i post it in the other thread..
    i dont get it..
    why those 2 boys hate America?
    raised there,all people they know are there,friend,society..i guess most of friends,girlkfriends,school..Americans..and let say the young brother follow the big one..
    how this hate grow up?suppose their parents told them,this is a better life..
    they just woke up a morning and plan an attack?
    i really believe parents,atleat one or a relative must knew..or a friend,or someone they pray together..whatever.
    they even take the benefits from the state..
    and their relatives..really.,.better stop talking..they need to show respect to the country wellcoime them
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i dont get it..
    raised there,all people they know are there,friend,society..i guess most of friends,girlkfriends,school..Americans..and let say the young brother follow the big one..
    i really believe parents,atleat one or a relative must knew..or a friend,or someone they pray together..whatever.
    and their relatives..really.,.better stop talking..they need to show respect to the country wellcoime them

without knowing them personally - i would suspect that they were radicalized on the foundation that has radicalized most al qaeda members ... the notion that america is evil ... their incursions into foreign lands for war profiteering and country meddling is not appreciated anywhere ... just because you live in a country that offers opportunities doesn't mean one is devoid of being angry at it ... look at timothy mcveigh - he believed that foreign intervention by the american military was wrong ... and he died believing that ...
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    what the cuss?

and pissy

really, this made it more tragic?

as for the org. post, was this person not a citizen?
    We have people here with legs blown off. This bombing was sadistic, cruel, intentional
    evil. Yes the fact I help feed the asswipe the day before makes it all more tragic to me,
    more personal and all the more disappointing in what my country has become.
    It pisses me the fuck off.
    They changed the lives of so many ...
    so much pain, so much struggle ahead for the victims.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    without knowing them personally - i would suspect that they were radicalized on the foundation that has radicalized most al qaeda members ... the notion that america is evil ... their incursions into foreign lands for war profiteering and country meddling is not appreciated anywhere ... just because you live in a country that offers opportunities doesn't mean one is devoid of being angry at it ... look at timothy mcveigh - he believed that foreign intervention by the american military was wrong ... and he died believing that ...
    well really glad he was well fed on the way out...
    if he was any kind of man he wouldn't take a meal ticket from his victims ...
    but he was no kind of man.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    We have people here with legs blown off. This bombing was sadistic, cruel, intentional
    evil. Yes the fact I help feed the asswipe the day before makes it all more tragic to me,
    more personal and all the more disappointing in what my country has become.
    It pisses me the fuck off.
    They changed the lives of so many ...
    so much pain, so much struggle ahead for the victims.

I don't disagree. For so many the struggle is just starting. It is infuriating that this loser and his brother were enjoying all the advantages that come from living in America while simultaneously plotting to commit the mass murder of Americans. For political reasons? Please.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    unsung wrote:

:thumbup: agreed ! it's bullshit !

Godfather.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    i dont get it..

sure,i thought that possibility..maybe its just me..how i would think..
    i mean,if i left my country for something better,i would try to be one with the locals,learn their way of life,try to be one with the society..
    if i had this anger inside me,i would go back in my country..
    so many people from other countries go to usa to live..and i guess most of them after years become almost Americans and for sure dont puting bombs
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yes it sucks that he was collecting as so many others do that also committ crimes everyday , but i ask again would it make you feel any better if this creep was a contributing citizen and still committed this crime ...To me the bottom line is 4 people died because of these two criminals ...
  • Options
    i mean,if i left my country for something better,i would try to be one with the locals,learn their way of life,try to be one with the society..
    so many people from other countries go to usa to live..and i guess most of them after years become almost Americans and for sure dont puting bombs

well ... i don't know for sure ... but it looks like their mother or father took them to the states ... they didn't necessarily choose it themselves ...
  • Options
    Yes it sucks that he was collecting as so many others do that also committ crimes everyday , but i ask again would it make you feel any better if this creep was a contributing citizen and still committed this crime ...To me the bottom line is 4 people died because of these two criminals ...
    i think Jose,this type of crimes,when reminds terrorist attacks gets more attention at the media..
    and the poolice of course..if a guy from a gang shoot and kill 5 people of another gang,no one will pay that much of attention..
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

well ... i don't know for sure ... but it looks like their mother or father took them to the states ... they didn't necessarily choose it themselves ...
    thats was the idea of my post..how mom and dad was ok with the country,american life and the boys wasnt?strange..seems to me,hate start from their family first..
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Just re: Immigrants should not receive welfare ...
    As an immigrant, you are usually not eligible for welfare. When you come here, you have to have a sponsor who has to sign the so-called affidavit of support. The sponsor has to prove that he earns 125% above the poverty line and ensure that the immigrant will not apply for means-tested public benefits. If he does, the sponsor will have to pay for this. If he cannot do it, he can get sued by the agency. This sponsorship only ends when the immigrant becomes an American citizen or can be credited with 40 quarters of work (10 years, I think), or if the sponsor or immigrant dies.
  • Options
    i think Jose,this type of crimes,when reminds terrorist attacks gets more attention at the media..
    and the poolice of course..if a guy from a gang shoot and kill 5 people of another gang,no one will pay that much of attention..

Oh i hear you , and the attention that this is getting is warranted ..And the fact that the welfare aspect of it is more important to people than the issue of how did they acquire their weapons to me is a bit puzzleing ..
  • Options
    As an immigrant, you are usually not eligible for welfare. When you come here, you have to have a sponsor who has to sign the so-called affidavit of support. The sponsor has to prove that he earns 125% above the poverty line and ensure that the immigrant will not apply for means-tested public benefits. If he does, the sponsor will have to pay for this. If he cannot do it, he can get sued by the agency. This sponsorship only ends when the immigrant becomes an American citizen or can be credited with 40 quarters of work (10 years, I think), or if the sponsor or immigrant dies.
    i was planning to pm you to ask you infos about that..like you knew and post this :)
  • Options
    I would feel less shit on as a taxpaying American yes ...
    it's the fucking icing on the cake he was collecting a government check
    this foreign piece of shit.
    And no I'm not racist I can differentiate between shit and non shit.
    Hey maybe I actually paid for that pressure cooker with my blood sweat and tears
    as a hard working American.

Sometimes the irony in this life can really make one physically ill.
    I bury my head and cry at the same time my blood boils. I swear the world has gone crazy.
  • Options
    thats was the idea of my post..how mom and dad was ok with the country,american life and the boys wasnt?strange..seems to me,hate start from their family first..

well ... mom and dad don't live in the states anymore ...
  • Options

Oh i hear you , and the attention that this is getting is warranted ..And the fact that the welfare aspect of it is more important to people than the issue of how did they acquire their weapons to me is a bit puzzleing ..
    exactly...no one mention anything where the fuck found the weapons,how made the bombs etc...i dont get it bro...
    fuck...get a gun .kill somoene must more easy and faster than wait in the line to get a burger
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    i was planning to pm you to ask you infos about that..like you knew and post this :)

A lot of people really don't have a clue how hard it actually is to immigrate to the US. It's not just "apply, pack and leave". My immigration process took roughly a year, and we breezed through. Other people are stuck for years in administrative processes, families are disrupted and almost harrassed by the authorities who want to know everything. And it is expensive too. You cannot apply for citizenship right away either.
    Also, adjustment is not easy for everybody. Even I as an immigrant from Germany sometimes struggle with the cultural differences. That doesn't mean that I will become a murderer or terrorist though.
  • Options
    Maybe someone gave it to them, assuming that even though we don't have specifics. I'll bet at some point they will have an "assault weapon", but that's another topic.
  • Options

The bombs and weapons aspects are getting quite a bit of interest too. I believe the explosives may have come from New Hampshire and were originally fireworks. The guns could have come from anywhere, sadly.

This discussion has been closed.