davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
FUN- We are Young...its not fun anymore., its played out
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    The Lumineers and Mumford and Son
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    that stupid "I don't care, I love it!" song.

Thankfully I never listen to pop radio, so I only hear this song in commercials.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Halestorm "I Miss the Misery"

they have other really good songs, but the stupid rock station here plays that song at least once an hour, EVERY single time I turn on the radio, I am guaranteed to hear it...I HATE the song now, and won't buy the album.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    that song Home by the american idol dude phillip phillips
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zNSgSzhBfM

Macklemore, they play this Master Piece about 15 times a day on the radio at work. :evil:
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Lumineers and Mumford and Son

for a while there, mumford was on every day either just as i woke up, or on the drive in.

i switcehd to cd's
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

Macklemore, they play this Master Piece about 15 times a day on the radio at work. :evil:

It's pretty much assured that if a song is by an artist and "features" another artist, it is going to suck.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    edited April 2013
    anything by 38 Special or Foriegner or Styx or Nickleback or Train or Billy Joel or Matchbox 20.

add Genesis. just came on.
    BinFrog wrote:

It's pretty much assured that if a song is by an artist and "features" another artist, it is going to suck.

WHAT??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZXc39hT8t4

;)
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    anything by 38 Special or Foriegner or Styx or Nickleback or Train or Billy Joel or Matchbox 20.

What about Super Tramp?
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

What about Super Tramp?

or Rush? or Scorpions?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

What about Super Tramp?

them I could handle. the local radio station is stuck on the 80's. and all the bad stuff from the 80's too. But they do play decent stuff too. only one of two stations I can pick up at work. the other one is out of Philly and plays (I should say repeats relentlesly) some of the current music already mentioned, plus some decent stuff such as PJ. so I end up going back and forth between the two until I get fed up and plug in the ipod.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

What about Super Tramp?

or Rush? or Scorpions?

Rush, no, they are a favorite of mine; Scorpions I liked back in the day, but tired now of the hits.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

What about Super Tramp?

them I could handle. the local radio station is stuck on the 80's. and all the bad stuff from the 80's too. But they do play decent stuff too. only one of two stations I can pick up at work. the other one is out of Philly and plays (I should say repeats relentlesly) some of the current music already mentioned, plus some decent stuff such as PJ. so I end up going back and forth between the two until I get fed up and plug in the ipod.

My office was listening to 80's stuff for the last two years, so two weeks ago we changed to top ten radio for something new, but this sucks too.
    this local station, seems like whoever comes up with the playlist was a fan of all this stuff back in the 80's and is stuck back there. They all went nuts when Bob Seger came here the other night.

add Eagles and ELO
  • brosiobrosio Posts: 59
    What is this "radio" you all speak of?
    brosio wrote:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDQ5rKgjqvx-S1-rCgbah-YQkVFfegLlh60WfFT5WgWSqGcGHg
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

What about Super Tramp?

or Rush? or Scorpions?
    Scorpions aren't even CLOSE to Rush's league.

Jeesh! :P

(my $0.02 - cynicism / the too-cool mindset, applied to music or anything - WAY overplayed)
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    brosio wrote:

:lol:

this thread is reminding me how luckily i am that i have little to no access to a radio (don't own a car, ipod on the subway, ipod hooked up to my computer's speakers in my office).
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Fun.

Mumford, Lumineers and Phillip Phillips! They all sound the same to me.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    brosio wrote:
    Best.
    Post.
    On.
    Thread.

Personal music collection is
    the way to go.

+ hey,
    Rush?
    Supertramp?
    Really?
    Bloody well WRONG, say I!

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
    hedonist wrote:
    Scorpions aren't even CLOSE to Rush's league.

Jeesh! :P

(my $0.02 - cynicism / the too-cool mindset, applied to music or anything - WAY overplayed)

I'm trying to get a feeling for what the other stations play...we have like 3 'classic rock' stations, and the 'modern rock' station will play: Zep, Jimi, PJ, Foos, Zep, Jimi, Rush, Zep, Green Day, Jimi, Scorpions...just take out the 90s music and replace with Zep/Scorpins/Rush and that's what the classic rock station plays. It gets aggravating to listen to one station, and hear Rush, so you switch, and hear Jimi, and you switch and hear Zep, and on another station you hear Scorpions. They hardly play any Janis, Joan, Pat, Beatles, Doors, etc there ARE other classic rock bands. I also believe there are new rock bands out there...they just never play them here.

I've been listening to a LOT of alternative lately.

- Christopher McCandless
  • brosiobrosio Posts: 59
    brosio wrote:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDQ5rKgjqvx-S1-rCgbah-YQkVFfegLlh60WfFT5WgWSqGcGHg

Exactly!
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    Jeremy.....no wait is it 1993 or 2013? i'm currently lil behind the times... :?: :idea: :? :?
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

How dare you sir..how dare you! You can never have too much Foreigner! Every time the office station plays Urgent I stand up and yell FOREIGNER! Haa
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    this local station, seems like whoever comes up with the playlist was a fan of all this stuff back in the 80's and is stuck back there. They all went nuts when Bob Seger came here the other night.

add Eagles and ELO

ELO is fucking great
    Van Halen is played pretty religiously out here... pretty fucking annoying

ngbbs4dd198b9897de.jpg

ngbbs4dd198b9897de.jpg

Fuck VH

Can't fucking stand them. Especially that song Panama

ngbbs4dd198b9897de.jpg

Fuck VH

Can't fucking stand them. Especially that song Panama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsXCs41DkWs

Here's one with Hager, you can't hate this, even comes with a great video!