"Bates Motel" on A&E....who's in?

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Bates Bump!

Very suspenseful with Norman in the cop's house and everything he found...that cop is creepy.

I really hope this show isn't like some other suspense/drama shows where they have so many other plot twists that some things are forgotten.

oh and I have a new 'Looks totally Like':

Felicity Huffman
    a7lynette.jpg

'Looks totally Like'

Vera Farmiga
    Vera-Farmiga-2-550x410.jpg

(I used to watch Desperate Housewives and the characters are fairly similar too-personality/vibe wise.)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Bates Bump!

Very suspenseful with Norman in the cop's house and everything he found...that cop is creepy.

I really hope this show isn't like some other suspense/drama shows where they have so many other plot twists that some things are forgotten.

oh and I have a new 'Looks totally Like':

Felicity Huffman
    a7lynette.jpg

'Looks totally Like'

Vera Farmiga
    Vera-Farmiga-2-550x410.jpg

(I used to watch Desperate Housewives and the characters are fairly similar too-personality/vibe wise.)

yeah definately look a like. Wish this was on another night sometimes. I still watch it but it's cutting into Monday Night RAW :x
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Don't really want to spoil anything so I'll just say Another decent episode, definately hooked now on the show.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Don't really want to spoil anything so I'll just say Another decent episode, definately hooked now on the show.

:nono: :nono:
    is this thread gonna be like Fight Club?

Really, we need to talk about the show!

Poor Norm(an) he has all the girls throwing themselves at him...at least he went for it with Bradley, but at the risk of breaking Emma's little weak heart <---according to her father "she is frail".

Seriously, Norma should have driven the carpet to another county to get rid of it, or incinerated it.

Glad to see Dylan is willing to help Norman with Deputy Shelby's 'secret'.

I might watch the show again just to see if I can pick up more clues..
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

:nono: :nono:
    is this thread gonna be like Fight Club?

Really, we need to talk about the show!

Poor Norm(an) he has all the girls throwing themselves at him...at least he went for it with Bradley, but at the risk of breaking Emma's little weak heart <---according to her father "she is frail".

Seriously, Norma should have driven the carpet to another county to get rid of it, or incinerated it.

Glad to see Dylan is willing to help Norman with Deputy Shelby's 'secret'.

I might watch the show again just to see if I can pick up more clues..

i didn't want to say anything until people out west saw it, although we spoil it in other tv show (walking dead) :lol: Glad Norman and hos brother are on the same page now. That deputy is pretty creepy. Next week's episode looks decent.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    :shh: I watch the show on A&E HD, and they only have an east coast feed...so I watch it at 7:20pm PST (DVR it at 7pm, and @7:20 I can start watching it, FF thru all the commercials and be done watching it at 8pm.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Gotta catch up on last nights epi tomorrow night.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Good episode.

I think Norman is going to end up liking/respecting Emma more.

The Deputy better watch out now.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    So letting the guessing game begin. Did Norman REALLY see that girl in the basement? It seems likely considering the crookedness of the cop. He is using that belt to get Norma in bed. Also odd to have such a massive lock on a basement door.

And where was that dog when he was knocking over cans outside and crawling through windows and opening cupboards and draws. It just walks up to him in the upstairs bedroom??? :lol:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    So letting the guessing game begin. Did Norman REALLY see that girl in the basement? It seems likely considering the crookedness of the cop.
    He had the bruise on his ankle the next day...so most likely it was real.
    So letting the guessing game begin. Did Norman REALLY see that girl in the basement? It seems likely considering the crookedness of the cop.

Good point. I think he saw it too but I imagine there will be more of this did Normal really see it stuff coming up. So are we being led to believe that girl in the basement was the same one as the book or is it a different girl?
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Has anyone seen that Hannibal show yet?

Creepy good fun. It reminds me of Thomas Harris's Red Dragon
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i gotta say: :-|
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Has anyone seen that Hannibal show yet?

Creepy good fun. It reminds me of Thomas Harris's Red Dragon

Watch the first episode. It was ok. I thought about watching more but I already have enough shows that I need to keep up on. ;) It definitely has potential though. I like Bates better.

Could have gotten the bruise from the window he was climbing out of when he was getting out of Dep. Shelby's house. Has anything been proven to be an illusion of Norman's? Just re-watched most of the shows again since they had a little mini marathon on Saturday night.

overhead lamps and lightposts...man, they are almost like another character in the show...

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

Could have gotten the bruise from the window he was climbing out of when he was getting out of Dep. Shelby's house. Has anything been proven to be an illusion of Norman's? Just re-watched most of the shows again since they had a little mini marathon on Saturday night.

That is where he got the bruise.

As far as hallucinations, yes, it has been alluded that night when Norman broke into the cops house. He saw a 'vision' of Norma at the end of his bed telling him to go get the belt from the cops house.
    Last episode Norman mentioned this, and Norma said she was never was in his room to tell him to do that.
    RKCNDY wrote:

overhead lamps and lightposts...man, they are almost like another character in the show...

That is what I was thinking too. He could have scratched himself up getting in or out of the house. It is ambiguous.
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    watched the first 3 episodes last week...

not bad...and i'm pretty fn' picky....so far,...give it a solid "B" rating.... :corn: :corn:
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I guess Bates is more hip?

Hannibal, already has people eating people and it's the second show. ;)
    So...she really is real.

You can download the Manga book from iTunes store... :roll:
    FUQ Apple, I really want to see the book :evil:

Can we come to an agreement that we can talk about the most recent show after a certain day so others can have a chance to watch, or can we just go ahead and talk, and those who haven't seen it should know the thread contains spoilers?

- Christopher McCandless
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I don't care about spoilers myself. What matters most to me when I watch a show/film or read a book is how well it's executed. If done with mastery, it shouldn't make a difference if you already know what's going to happen.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    RKCNDY wrote:
    So...she really is real.

You can download the Manga book from iTunes store... :roll:
    FUQ Apple, I really want to see the book :evil:

Can we come to an agreement that we can talk about the most recent show after a certain day so others can have a chance to watch, or can we just go ahead and talk, and those who haven't seen it should know the thread contains spoilers?

I think people should stay away from the thread until they have seen the show. That is what I do. We shouldnt have to wait for everyone to catch up. Now if someone has info on an episode that hasnt aired yet, I dont want to hear it. So my opinion is to keep discussions to the most currently aired episode. Speculation on the upcoming story is encouraged. :D
    Damn, so much for the hallucination theory. So maybe his mom really did say that stuff to him? Maybe he isnt seeing things, she is obviously nuts.

Lol, I like how Norman said he was with Bradly. You can see some obsession issues coming down the road.

I think people should stay away from the thread until they have seen the show. That is what I do. We shouldnt have to wait for everyone to catch up. Now if someone has info on an episode that hasnt aired yet, I dont want to hear it. So my opinion is to keep discussions to the most currently aired episode. Speculation on the upcoming story is encouraged. :D

:thumbup:
    Damn, so much for the hallucination theory. So maybe his mom really did say that stuff to him? Maybe he isnt seeing things, she is obviously nuts.

Lol, I like how Norman said he was with Bradly. You can see some obsession issues coming down the road.

When he told Emma, she looked like she was going to cry, then she's all, "it's just a hook-up, nothing more" Poor Norman doesn't get all the games girls play...poor schmuck. :lol:

How would Dep. Shelby transfer the girl from his house to the boat without people noticing? Wouldn't she try to run away? If he had her tied up, surely someone would see and say something...unless the rest of the town is in on the whole kidnapping. Maybe everybody has a 'secret' hiding out in their house.

Dylan should get the fuck out of Dodge after running over the dude that shot Ethan. Still don't know why he continued to drive around the truck with the bloody blown out back window a'la Pulp Fiction...maybe Dylan knows Mr. Wolfe.

Does anybody think Norman will move in with Dylan or do you think he's gonna stay at home with Norma?

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    How would Dep. Shelby transfer the girl from his house to the boat without people noticing? Wouldn't she try to run away? If he had her tied up, surely someone would see and say something...unless the rest of the town is in on the whole kidnapping. Maybe everybody has a 'secret' hiding out in their house.

I wondered that too. Might just be one of those movie things where you just dont get a real answer. She is small so he probably sedated her and put her in some kind big ass bag or something.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Dylan should get the fuck out of Dodge after running over the dude that shot Ethan. Still don't know why he continued to drive around the truck with the bloody blown out back window a'la Pulp Fiction...maybe Dylan knows Mr. Wolfe.

Does anybody think Norman will move in with Dylan or do you think he's gonna stay at home with Norma?

That was weird that he was driving his truck around. Pretty crazy when he ran that dude over. I think he isnt sure what to do. Obviously he doesnt want to talk to the police, too many questions. Going to the boss would be dangerous too because hes is new and they may just kill him to get rid of any witnesses who might talk. Curious to see what he will do next.

He did have the hallucination of his mom, but obviously him going to the Deputys house was real.
    Has anyone noticed who the guy that played Dylans friend is....the editor of Rolling Stone from Almost Famous.
    Great episode last night.

The truth is uncovered.

The truth is uncovered.

but did Shelby kill Jiao? They only show him running after her into the woods.

Shelby is supposedly dead, Norman has some sort of psychotic rage disorder, and the belt is supposedly taken care of.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

The truth is uncovered.

but did Shelby kill Jiao? They only show him running after her into the woods.

Shelby is supposedly dead, Norman has some sort of psychotic rage disorder, and the belt is supposedly taken care of.
    Yeah, I'm guessing that she is still alive.

No surprise, it's Norman Bates..but cool that they introduced it in that manner.

Yeah, I wouldve burned the belt instead of tossing it in the harbor. Going to get snagged up in fishing lines maybe?