Mad Season Above 2LP PreOrder NOW over @ What Records

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
edited April 2013 in The Porch
Hi there ,

I have just added the Mad Season Above 2LP set to our site. This is the Music on Vinyl RSD release.

IT IS AVAILABLE TO PRE ORDER NOW.

The release is limited to only 500 copies in the UK.

BEFORE PRE ORDERING FROM US I WOULD ENCOURAGE YOU TO CHECK OUT YOUR LOCAL INDEPENDENT RECORD SHOP AND SEE IF YOU CAN RESERVE A COPY THERE.

If you can't or live too far away from an Indie store then please order now. Only registered buyers on our Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder database are eligible to order this item.

Records will be shipped on the 30th April.

This is sold on a first come basis and I only have a limited number available.

Thank you for your support.

Cheers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Above Limited 180gram RSD 2013 Audiophile 2LP+Bonus Tracks

58378.jpg

Mad Season
    Label: RSD
    Release Date: 30 April 2013
    Format: LP Double Vinyl

Add Above Limited 180gram RSD 2013 Audiophile 2LP+Bonus Tracks To Basket £24.99

Mad Season Above Limited 180gram RSD 2013 Audiophile 2LP Set + Bonus Tracks

DUE TO RESTRICTIONS IMPOSSED ON US THIS ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED ON 30TH APRIL

Overview
    Limited Edition RSD 2013 Release on 180 gram audiophile vinyl. Includes previously unreleased bonus tracks (“Locomotive”, “Black Book Of Fear”, “Slip Away”) and a remix of “I Don’t Wanna Be A Soldier”

Consisting of Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready, Alice in Chains vocalist Layne Staley , bass player John Baker Saunders and Screaming Trees’ Barrett Martin on drums, Mad Season recorded Above as their only studio album. It was released in March 1995, featuring guest vocals from Mark Lanegan. A mix of melancholy ballads and hard rock, the album proved to be a gold certified hit. The album will be released on 2 LP’s with three previously unreleased bonus tracks.

Featured Tracks
    Record 1
    Side One:
    1.Wake Up
    2. X-Ray Mind
    3. River Of Deceit
    Side Two:
    1. I’m Above
    2. Artificial Red
    3. Lifeless Dead
    4. I Don’t Know Anything
    Record 2
    Side Three:
    1. Long Gone Day
    2. November Hotel
    3. All Alone
    4.Interlude
    5. Locomotive (bonus track)
    Side Four:
    1. Black Book Of Fear (bonus track)
    2. Slip Away (bonus track)
    3. I Don’t Wanna Be A Soldier (remix)
    Don't forget before you place an order ...

If you can't or live too far away from an Indie store then please order now. Only registered buyers on our Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder database are eligible to order this item.
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    Whats that last bit all about? I ordered it but not heard about this database thing...
    Nature drunk and High
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    Thanks D!
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Seems I'm not eligible for this... nice way to keep regular and current customers close and satisfied, nice way to disregard new customers... come on 10C show me some Mad Season vinyl love...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    Seems I'm not eligible for this... nice way to keep regular and current customers close and satisfied, nice way to disregard new customers... come on 10C show me some Mad Season vinyl love...

It's the first time I ever ordered something from them, and my order went through OK. My card was charged, so I'm guessing that I'm eligible - somehow... I guess you have to try to find out!

BTW, Cheers D!!! :D
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    what records is top shit..the best!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    I just ordered mine. Now I just hope I get it.

Thanks to the OP for the info!!!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    whats the conversion on this to ship to the States? Like what $60?

I'm pretty sure it wont be too hard to track down on RSD for $20-25 and it will be available down the line anyway.

What records is awesome though for anyone who wants one now
  • RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    demetrios wrote:
    Hi there ,

I have just added the Mad Season Above 2LP set to our site. This is the Music on Vinyl RSD release.

BEFORE PRE ORDERING FROM US I WOULD ENCOURAGE YOU TO CHECK OUT YOUR LOCAL INDEPENDENT RECORD SHOP AND SEE IF YOU CAN RESERVE A COPY THERE.

Cheers
    It's odd that they specify that it's the MOV 2013 RSD release as the picture of the LP that Legacy (records) released yesterday doesn't appear to have a MOV logo on it...maybe two different pressings??

Gonna have to shoot Tim an email...
    CROJAM95 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it wont be too hard to track down on RSD for $20-25 and it will be available down the line anyway.

$32.60 + shipping, so it's really not that bad :D
    demetrios wrote:
    Hi there ,

Cheers
    It's odd that they specify that it's the MOV 2013 RSD release as the picture of the LP that Legacy (records) released yesterday doesn't appear to have a MOV logo on it...maybe two different pressings??

Gonna have to shoot Tim an email...

g8Fp2aY.jpg?1

Looks the same. Just out of it's original plastic package.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    CROJAM95 wrote:

about $57 without ins.....$63 or so with. So about double for what you can get it for here if you wait
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    With a run of 5000 in the states I'm not even going on RSD. Amazon and other retailers will have these afterwards.
    This is a great deal for the UK folks though.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

about $57 without ins.....$63 or so with. So about double for what you can get it for here if you wait

If the Mad Season RSD vinyl is selling in stores next Saturday in USA for only $20 - $25, then here in Canada it'll be selling for $40 - $50. It's pretty much double here, well, the vinyl's I can remember that sold here during RSD's. So either way, it's a good deal. Plus you have a chance to score one with What Records now or a chance to wait with your local record stores where some will have not even carry the product or only a few copies in store, and probably some of their shipments sent to many ma & pa record stores, usually, will flip them on eBay to bring in more flow to their store.

This is not an exclusive RSD release. Many other record stores after RSD will have copies. As for the numbers, I have no idea. They said there were only 5000 Ed RSD vinyls, but those are still for sale @ the 10club store.
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    eyejacker wrote:

It's the first time I ever ordered something from them, and my order went through OK. My card was charged, so I'm guessing that I'm eligible - somehow... I guess you have to try to find out!

BTW, Cheers D!!! :D
    I asked a record store in Thessaloniki and told me they will have it. So I'm pretty sure you will find it in Athens too. Check on RSD page which stores in Athens will be part of the RSD and make a phone call.
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
    demetrios wrote:

g8Fp2aY.jpg?1

Looks the same. Just out of it's original plastic package.

So, the logo farthest to the right on the back bottom left is the MOV logo (next to Legacy)??
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I'd rather buy it from my local record store. It seems like there are more copies of this pressed than the EV single last year (someone quoted 5000, but I think the RSD pressing was posted as being 1500 and limited to the US). Hopefully with 5000 pressed, it won't be too hard to find.

I'm still tempted to jump on this though. RSD is such a shit show now (lineups and limited pressings have really put a damper on it in recent years). I'm gonna kick myself if I don't buy this, and my record store is out :(
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Cool to see this is a Music on Vinyl release. If MOV did all PJ releases I'd actually pay the ebay prices for them
    cp3iverson wrote:
    Cool to see this is a Music on Vinyl release. If MOV did all PJ releases I'd actually pay the ebay prices for them

I don't know about that much, but MOV do a great job. If i see their logo on the record I know its quality. Alternately I have very strong doubts when I see vinyl with the "back in black" label on them. They don't seem to care what the source is for a vinyl pressing. They'll press whatever they are given, so the quality is all over the place. I wish more vinyl manufactures operated like MOV and less of them operated like Back on Black.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Zod wrote:
    I'd rather buy it from my local record store. It seems like there are more copies of this pressed than the EV single last year (someone quoted 5000, but I think the RSD pressing was posted as being 1500 and limited to the US). Hopefully with 5000 pressed, it won't be too hard to find.

I'm still tempted to jump on this though. RSD is such a shit show now (lineups and limited pressings have really put a damper on it in recent years). I'm gonna kick myself if I don't buy this, and my record store is out :(

Ditch says they are going to post what they have the night before
    on their website.
    That does help us right now.
    So I guess I will be seeing you in the line up?
    They are probably going to open around 7, it's going to be a early morning. ;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    In a time when vinyl is the trend and the best way among very few to sell albums, the limited numbered edition items are soon to be over, the issue with Mad Season is that its target audience is in fact a limited number...
    cp3iverson wrote:

If MOV releases all PJ stuff you won't need to pay eBay ridiculous prices since you will have the chance to pay for the more reasonable and fairer MOV prices...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Pre-order an RSD item, isn't that against the RSD rules?

So 3000 has been pressed for RSD, 500 limited to the UK but What Records will send overseas. Way to go. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I like Music on Vinyls pressings but their outer bags are Garbage.

You think for the $ and the quality of pressing they would give you
    a better quality bag.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

Ditch says they are going to post what they have the night before
    on their website.
    That does help us right now.
    So I guess I will be seeing you in the line up?
    They are probably going to open around 7, it's going to be a early morning. ;)[/quote]

Could do... I'm not a big lineup person so I usually get there just before. I perused by last year but I knew in advance they didn't have the EV rsd vinyl (as it wasn't available in Canada).

I ended up going to Lyle's Place as they had a 50% off vinyl sale for RSD (as they didn't participate in the real RSD last year). I got a huge haul out of there :)

I saw that the RSD website still lists lyle's place, but they haven't brought in anything for last years RSD and Black Friday RSD. Lyle's Vinyl collection took a big hit after the sale last year, and they don't seem as eager to stock a solid vinyl collection.

but yah I'll probably be at Ditch. I want the Mad Season, Soundgarden, and Dazed and Confused Soundtrack vinyl's :).
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Zod wrote:
    cp3iverson wrote:

I don't know about that much, but MOV do a great job. If i see their logo on the record I know its quality. Alternately I have very strong doubts when I see vinyl with the "back in black" label on them. They don't seem to care what the source is for a vinyl pressing. They'll press whatever they are given, so the quality is all over the place. I wish more vinyl manufactures operated like MOV and less of them operated like Back on Black.

every record I have bought done by Music On Vinyl sounds incredible
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    Whoa! Pre-orders for the Mad Season Vinyl are gone. :shock:
    Hi there Demetrios,

Just added the Mother Love Bone 2LP Set to the site.

This Limited Edition 180gram Audiophile Set is released on Purple Vinyl and is Limited to 1500 copies Worldwide.

The set also contains 2 bonus tracks/lyric sheet etc., (see link for full details)

I have limited stocks of this album (500 copies) so its sold on a first come basis.

Also had loads of Emails about the Mad Season album. I had to take this down because I was offering it too early but I will be putting it back up on the 27th April, so if you didn't get it at your local Record Shop then its comforting to know you won't miss out.

Thanks as always for your time.

Cheers

Tim

:)
    Just received an email confirmation from What Records that my Mad Season - Above (Music On Vinyl) just despatched. Sweet!! 8-)
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I posted this before but there are still more copies by Music On Vinyl here:

http://www.musicrecordshop.com/Mad-Seas ... B00499SA78