MLB & TOTD should get the Mad Season treatment

vedderoffdeadvedderoffdead Posts: 684
edited April 2013 in The Porch
Ok, after I've had the chance to drool over the deluxe Mad Season set for a few days now I can't help but think that Mother Love Bone & Temple Of The Dog should get similar sets. We all know that there's footage of both bands out there, as well as some good sounding bootlegs, and demos. I think PJ should make a push to keep these bands from basically fading into obscurity. Before McCready decided to revisit the Mad Season stuff nodody was still talking about that band. It's been years since 'River Of Deceit' was on the radio. Now they've gotten a new lease on life, and some fresh ears listening to them. Never a bad thing. Plus, now there's even some Mad Season merch which is awesome. When was the last time any of you tried to find a MLB or TOTD t-shirt!? they're essentially non-existent at this point. I think both of these bands hold a very special place in the history of Grunge and Alternative music. Not to mention they were both awesome freakin bands! I know I would love to see some live footage of both of them. And just about every one of us would line up to buy their catalogs on vinyl. Last time I saw a vinyl 'Apple' for sale it was going for around $400. Same with TOTD. Let's get this great music back into circulation again. It's not doing anybody any good just collecting dust in some warehouse. We've all had to explain to people who both of these bands were. We always get that puzzled look...Mother Love who? To me, that's a crying shame. Thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :thumbup:
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,370
    good idea.....I'd welcome anything from either band :P
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    I like your premise and I could certainly get down with some new vinyls. just saying that I don't think Temple of the Dog could ever fade into obscurity. Hunger Strike still gets radio time at least once a week on the station that I listen to. People actually still request it, and to its credit, who can resist singing along? But you are right in that there is much more to that album than just Hunger Strike. Songs like Call me a Dog and Say Hello to Heaven are even better in my opinion.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    :thumbup:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Pearl Jams reissues should get that treatment.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    :idea:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • jonsey30 wrote:
    I like your premise and I could certainly get down with some new vinyls. just saying that I don't think Temple of the Dog could ever fade into obscurity. Hunger Strike still gets radio time at least once a week on the station that I listen to. People actually still request it, and to its credit, who can resist singing along? But you are right in that there is much more to that album than just Hunger Strike. Songs like Call me a Dog and Say Hello to Heaven are even better in my opinion.

You're right in that regard. I think 'Hunger Strike' will always be around. But as far as the rest of the album? Most people unless they're die-hard PJ fans don't know the other stuff NOW. In 10 or 20 years the album will just be a footnote. It's WAY too good nd important an album for that to happen in my opinion
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    I posted about this the other day. This is my proposed reissue:

Original album (remastered):
    1. Say Hello to Heaven
    2. Reach Down
    3. Hunger Strike
    4. Pushing Forward Back
    5. Call Me a Dog
    6. Times of Trouble
    7. Wooden Jesus
    8. Your Savior
    9. Four Walled World
    10. All Night Thing

Outtakes/Demos:
    11. Say Hello to Heaven (demo)
    12. Black Cat (unreleased demo)
    13. Angel on Fire (unreleased demo)
    14. Times of Trouble (instrumental demo)
    15. Island of Summer (Chris Cornell and Andy Wood home demo 1988/1989)

Video?
    -After watching PJ20 we know there is footage from the RIP party in 1991 with Hunger Strike being performed.
    -Although in poor quality, there is footage from the 1990 off ramp gig and the last 1992 lollapalooza show.
    -PJ and Soundgarden performing Rockin in the Free World from Houston 1992. There was proshot footage of this shown at the PJ20 Museum.
    -There is definitely pro-shot footage from the 2011 Temple of the Dog reunion at PJ20.
    -Official video for Hunger Strike

I'm sure Jeff and Chris Cornell could write some liner notes. Jeff probably has some artifacts from the band's 1990-1992 run. The PJ20 museum had some cool things from the band also.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Should have a decent documentary with interviews about the creation of the album.

Something the PJ reissues lacked.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • And as far as the MLB stuff they should at least include:

Love Bone earth affair(first time on dvd)
    The early 90 Seattle show audio disc(it's a very high quality bootleg)
    The demos that appered on the 'Seattle Scruffs' compilation
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I'd be all for this!! :thumbup:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    for all the dumb petitions around here, I'm surprised there isn't one for these.
  • kramer73 wrote:
    for all the dumb petitions around here, I'm surprised there isn't one for these.

:lol::lol::lol:

perhaps you made this post a petition now... signed :thumbup:
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • kramer73 wrote:

I am generally completely against the petitions on here, but this instance MAY actually warrant one. This is some important stuff we're talking about here. Major steps in the evolution of our favorite band :D
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    evenflow82 wrote:
    I posted about this the other day. This is my proposed reissue:

Original album (remastered):
    1. Say Hello to Heaven
    2. Reach Down
    3. Hunger Strike
    4. Pushing Forward Back
    5. Call Me a Dog
    6. Times of Trouble
    7. Wooden Jesus
    8. Your Savior
    9. Four Walled World
    10. All Night Thing

Outtakes/Demos:
    11. Say Hello to Heaven (demo)
    12. Black Cat (unreleased demo)
    13. Angel on Fire (unreleased demo)
    14. Times of Trouble (instrumental demo)
    15. Island of Summer (Chris Cornell and Andy Wood home demo 1988/1989)

Video?
    -After watching PJ20 we know there is footage from the RIP party in 1991 with Hunger Strike being performed.
    -Although in poor quality, there is footage from the 1990 off ramp gig and the last 1992 lollapalooza show.
    -PJ and Soundgarden performing Rockin in the Free World from Houston 1992. There was proshot footage of this shown at the PJ20 Museum.
    -There is definitely pro-shot footage from the 2011 Temple of the Dog reunion at PJ20.
    -Official video for Hunger Strike

I'm sure Jeff and Chris Cornell could write some liner notes. Jeff probably has some artifacts from the band's 1990-1992 run. The PJ20 museum had some cool things from the band also.

Man I love me some Times of Trouble and Pushing Forward Back.
  • wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    Yes please! I'm frothing at the thought of a TOTD reissue similar to the Mad Season one...the MS one is awesome! The Moore disc is one of the best recordings/shows I've heard in a long time...Mike is ridiculous!!!
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    I'd buy em.