Pearl Jam Sao Paulo Lollapalooza Brazil Poster by BK Sale

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,651
edited April 2013 in The Porch
http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspo ... R+FRAME%29

Pearl Jam is back on the road for 3 shows in South America this week and the first stop is Lollapalooza Brazil. Brad Klausen is the man once again doing the poster for the first show. For the first time they asked the artist to write out the meaning or story behind the design and print it on the back of the poster, pretty damn cool and a great idea.

Brad will be selling his posters tomorrow at 10 AM PDT at http://www.artillerydesign.com

pqnFgB4.jpg?1

AVkjTst.jpg?1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    i likey
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    demetrios wrote:
    For the first time they asked the artist to write out the meaning or story behind the design and print it on the back of the poster, pretty damn cool and a great idea.

That's AWESOME...
    Gonna be FUN framing the posters from this tour,
    with these messages on the back!!! :lol::lol:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    demetrios wrote:
    http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.ca/2013/03/pearl-jam-sao-paulo-lollapalooza-brazil-brad-klausen.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/ITRPF+(INSIDE+THE+ROCK+POSTER+FRAME)

Pearl Jam is back on the road for 3 shows in South America this week and the first stop is Lollapalooza Brazil. Brad Klausen is the man once again doing the poster for the first show. For the first time they asked the artist to write out the meaning or story behind the design and print it on the back of the poster, pretty damn cool and a great idea.

Brad will be selling his posters tomorrow at 10 AM PDT at http://www.artillerydesign.com

pqnFgB4.jpg?1

AVkjTst.jpg?1

cool poster and great concept.

sounds like we're going to get some treats on this tour...

:D

thanks for posting.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    :idea:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    I cannot discern the story. Can someone help?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,651
    Poster will go on sale on Monday April 1st at 10 AM Pacific

IMPORTANT: Login First

First things first, make sure you login first before adding any posters to your cart. If you login in first, this guarantees that whatever posters you add to your cart will remain in your cart for 3 hours. That means once they are in your cart, they will stay there until you are ready to check out, so you can continue looking around with no immediate hurry to check out. After 3 hours any posters that you have in your cart will be put back into the inventory.

When your order is completely processed, you should receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, then your order was not completely processed. Please email and let me know if you do not receive a confirmation email after you place your order. Sometimes, there can be an error where an order will be charged but no packing slip is created... so if you see a charge on your credit card but didn't receive a confirmation email, email me.

DELIVERY OF ORDER:

Please allow 2 - 4 weeks for delivery. It's just me here, designing new posters, processing orders, packing orders, delivering tubes to the post office, and answering emails...it's a one man show so it takes me a little longer to get things in the mail then say amazon or netflix. I try and be as fast as I can getting things in the mail, but please understand that it can take me a couple of weeks to get everything processed, packed and to the postman.

Pearl Jam, Sao Paulo - Lollapalooza 2013

13.5" x 25", 5 colors
    signed and numbered out of 200
    $50.00 plus shipping

Printed on the back of the poster -

For this round of posters they asked if the artists would write out the story behind the concept of the design and print it on the back of the poster. What you see above is what is printed on the back of the poster. If my writing is a little illegible in the jpeg above, it says:

The city so vast,
    the achievement quite grand.
    A towering testament,
    to the ambition of man.

In the shadows of giants,
    we work, live and play.
    Yet despite our success,
    we've drifted astray.

Alive in the city,
    once can lose sight,..
    of the nature of living,
    the nature of light.

We're children of nature,
    lest we forget...
    To the sun in the sky
    we're forever in debt.

We all have the power,
    deep down within...
    to raise up our light,
    it starts with a spin.

Bradley W. Klausen

When I was assigned the poster for a show in Sao Paulo, I did what I normally do which is see if there's any thing about the city that stands out to me, be it a history, a vibe, a folklore. When you look at images of Sao Paulo, it's a massive city that seems to go on forever.

And while Sao Paulo is a successful global city of business and industry, it just made me think about a girl living in the city who wanted to rise up above the towering skyscrapers and reconnect with nature. To remember that there is more to this life then just the fast pace of modern living. More to life then just buildings of concrete and steel, streets of cars and buses, of people plugged into smart phones and the internet and their careers.

Nature and the universe is built upon the energy of spinning and spiraling. Galaxies, planets, atoms, dna, from the macrocosm to the microcosm it all spins and spirals. As above, so below.

There is an electric energy inside of each human body that spirals up from the base of the spine and can travel up to the brain if one so desires. And it is through this spiraling energy in the body that humans have the capacity to tap into our true potential and see the light within.

bradK.
  • Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    I cannot find anything about whether he ships to Australia and how much shipping would be.

Can anyone help me?
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • MiniManMiniMan Posts: 85
    I cannot find anything about whether he ships to Australia and how much shipping would be.

Can anyone help me?

He does ship to Australia. From memory the shipping on my last order with Klausen was about $35.
    MiniMan wrote:

Can anyone help me?

He does ship to Australia. From memory the shipping on my last order with Klausen was about $35.

Thank you for the info.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
    demetrios wrote:

The city so vast,
    the achievement quite grand.
    A towering testament,
    to the ambition of man.

In the shadows of giants,
    we work, live and play.
    Yet despite our success,
    we've drifted astray.

Alive in the city,
    once can lose sight,..
    of the nature of living,
    the nature of light.

We're children of nature,
    lest we forget...
    To the sun in the sky
    we're forever in debt.

We all have the power,
    deep down within...
    to raise up our light,
    it starts with a spin.

Bradley W. Klausen

Thanks Lybe! :)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    How many people will be trying to get their hands on two so they can frame front and back?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    edited April 2013
    JimmyV wrote:
    How many people will be trying to get their hands on two so they can frame front and back?

It's still up, so probably not that many!
    Post edited by lotsalemon on
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

+1 :)
  • This is gonna open up a whole new frame of thinking... :lol:
    Quick search on double sided frames came up with some interesting options.

This one from http://www.dallasframehouse.com/gallery opens up new options for poster placement for those whose walls are already covered.
    Two posters one frame or a feasible way to display "Artist Explanations" on the back.
    charlie15.JPG
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    This is gonna open up a whole new frame of thinking... :lol:
    Quick search on double sided frames came up with some interesting options.

This one from http://www.dallasframehouse.com/gallery opens up new options for poster placement for those whose walls are already covered.
    Two posters one frame or a feasible way to display "Artist Explanations" on the back.
    charlie15.JPG

That is a very cool idea!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Anyone else notice that the date is a palindrome.
    31-3-13
    :)
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Still available.
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    31-3-13

we call it "numero capicua"
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

31-3-13

palindromic number
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
    31-3-13

palindromic number

exactly, but we only use "palindromo" for words, for numbers we use "capicua"... and that's how Argentinians mess with Spanish Language, which FYI, I don't know about the rest of the country, or Uruguay for that matter, but in Buenos Aires we speak "Castellano Vivo del Rio de la PLata"... :shock:

"palindromo"

Greek word! :)
    Pap wrote:
    "palindromo"

Greek word! :)

totally, it's all Greek to everybody...

Got my artist print today.
    Happy (late) birthday to me.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson