Pics where IDF look hot...part 2

badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
edited April 2013 in A Moving Train
http://twitpic.com/cajzec

A pictures worth a 1000 words, well, here you go. :fp: :nono:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• IOF, Israeli Occupation Forces or given this picture...ZSP, Zionist Supremacist Pigs
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    IOF, Israeli Occupation Forces or given this picture...ZSP, Zionist Supremacist Pigs

I tend to stay out of the Israel/Palestine threads but in this case your description is dead on. Disgusting picture and even worse behavior.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I'm wondering if this girl was blonde hair blue eyes would there be more of a fuss over this picture. Or if she believed in a different "god"..... :roll:
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,149
    this happens every day.

this is what occupation looks like.

the americans do this to afghans and iraqis all the time.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    this happens every day.

I think this is why the thread has gotten so little attention on the board. People are numb to these images.

JimmyV wrote:
    this happens every day.

I think this is why the thread has gotten so little attention on the board. People are numb to these images.

I hear ya jimmy but I know I've read posts in other threads about women being abused, by a certain few who get all up in arms about it. Shit, one person even got all mad about a beer being called a certain shade of white that happens to be offensive to some. But it's all good. Just have to accept the fact that some people are plastic and fake. And that little brown girls with guns pointed at them is the norm in this world we live in today.
    JimmyV wrote:
    this happens every day.

numb, or they don't care. either way, i think that apathy is a big problem on this board and in this country as a whole.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

Horrifying. That is a little girl!!!

I hope posing her this was the way the worst thing these fucking animals did that day.

• If anything the girl is probably Jewish and this is the propaganda they drop across to the walled in slum to strike fear in to them.

And I quote Peter Griffin: if you put an arab and a jew beside each other, i can't tell the difference. just sayin'.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• JimmyV wrote:
    Horrifying. That is a little girl!!!

I hope posing her this was the way the worst thing these fucking animals did that day.

She is a little girl. But not to them, she is nothing, because she is Palestinian. If they had any belief that an innocent human was there before them, they would not have been able to pose in this way, to commit the atrocities against little kids that they do everyday. They are Supramacists, they believe that Zionist lives and goals are superior to all others.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    this happens every day.

this is what occupation looks like.

the americans do this to afghans and iraqis all the time.

Absolutely true... it we aren't blowing them the fuck up, that is.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    This is the daily reality for people living in the presence of the Settler thugs: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2 ... aeli-video
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    JimmyV wrote:
    this happens every day.

numb, or they don't care. either way, i think that apathy is a big problem on this board and in this country as a whole.

Numbness, apathy, disillusion... don't know. Obama had the perfect opportunity to 'kick Israel's ass' with his visit there and what does he do? Pacifies Israel again. Reaffirming the 'unbreakable bonds', etc. Talking about Syria, Iran, armement, military aid. Everything but their treatement of the Palestinians, their unlawful occupation, the illegal settlements which continue to be built.

No president will have the balls to stand up to Israel - too much money and 'support' at stake for them.
    Redrock hit it dead on. NO ONE has the "balls" to do ANYTHING against them. Aipac is TOPS at doing its job. And all the so called Arab leaders in the world are nothing but puppets. They ignore shit like this yet have no problem killing each other. Some twisted reality we live in, says a lot when people around the world on a message board seem to care MORE than leaders who were put in to serve "them"....somewhere it got all fucked up and lost, guess kind of like my rambling post. :fp:

Oh and 1 more thing. I'm not surprised at who responded to my post. You guys all seem to genuinely care. Im more surprised at "who" DIDN'T respond. :roll:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    i dont give a shit for the nationality of those men..
    i know very well what a uniform ,a gun on your hand can turn you to..

they are lame,a fuckin shame and a bunch of shitheads...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    As an Obama supporter I am disappointed by the unbreakable bond statement. Both the sentiment and the tone. I would have hoped for better Mr. President.

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    As I, JimmyV. I really thought that he would bring on a change in that respect.

A lot of nations have 'supported' the palestinians, even voting in the UN recognising Palestine and giving them a 'status' (which was a bit of a slap in the face for the US and Israel, whom, in the end, really don't give a shit). But this means nothing if actions don't follow words. Unfortunately, the main hindrance to anything happening is the US with their right of veto....

As long as Israel thinks it has the might of the US unconditionally behind it, there will be no life for the palestinians.
    JimmyV wrote:
    As an Obama supporter I am disappointed by the unbreakable bond statement. Both the sentiment and the tone. I would have hoped for better Mr. President.
    obama is just another zionist in an empty suit.

• IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    JimmyV wrote:

Obama has said these things since his first term, it's not really new.
  • yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,612
    Has this picture been verified by anyone that it is what it appears to be? No matter what the picture is terrible for the message it conveys. I'm curious, though, because there's clearly hebrew writing on the wall behind the soldiers, and the setting looks to me like some sort of classroom, and the soldiers aren't in combat gear, all of which suggests to me that this might be a bunch of kids playing around in an inappropriate way rather than the abuse of a prisoner.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    yosi wrote:
    Has this picture been verified by anyone that it is what it appears to be? No matter what the picture is terrible for the message it conveys. I'm curious, though, because there's clearly hebrew writing on the wall behind the soldiers, and the setting looks to me like some sort of classroom, and the soldiers aren't in combat gear, all of which suggests to me that this might be a bunch of kids playing around in an inappropriate way rather than the abuse of a prisoner.

what i was thinking
    looks fake to me
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    Yup, fake.... :roll:
    Not fake, just an uncaptioned image, which could be very easily mistaken to depict something other than what it actually shows. Or not. I'm just asking if anyone has any more info about the picture?

yosi wrote:
    Not fake, just an uncaptioned image, which could be very easily mistaken to depict something other than what it actually shows. Or not. I'm just asking if anyone has any more info about the picture?

Come on yosi, deep down in your heart you know that it's real. Look, I understand why you'd question this picture, trust me I do. I'm Muslim and get embarrassed by a lot of the shit that gets done in my religions name. What's wrong is wrong and right is right, that picture is soooo wrong in sooo many ways. That could be your sister, my sister who's 16 years old, or even mystics daughter (if she has one), it's ok to admit that shit gets done in your religions name that you dnt agree with at all. No religions perfect, they may all think they are, but who are we kidding here. Dnt defend it blindly. I've talked to you thru pm yosi, you're a good guy. You seem smart and knowledgeable. I dnt always agree with you, but I'm quick to defend you as a person. And I'm sorry to say, this picture is what it is, and it's fucked up.
    Like I said, the picture is f-ed up no matter which way you cut it. I'm not looking to defend the pic, I'm just asking whether the assumptions that everyone is jumping too are actually justified. In that regard I'd point out that you yourself are assuming that what's depicted in the photo is religiously motivated. What about the photo makes you think that religion has anything to do with it? People are jumping to conclusions; perhaps those conclusions are warranted. Perhaps they are not.

This conflict has spawned many images that appeared to show one thing and were later acknowledged to have been misinterpreted/mischaracterized. I remember one famous case in particular where an AP photo showed a young man with a bloodied head and close behind him an angry-looking Israeli policeman yelling and raising a baton. The caption read "An Israeli Policeman and a Palestinian on the Temple Mount," and was taken to depict the policeman beating the Palestinian young man. In turned out that the young man was not Palestinian, but was rather an American Jewish student, the picture wasn't taken on the Temple Mount, and the policeman wasn't attacking the student, but was rather trying to protect him from a Palestinian mob that had dragged him from the back of a cab and beaten and stabbed him.

All of which is to say that pictures can be deceiving.

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Shame that there aren't more people like this in Israel:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ap ... tor-eighth

Israel set to jail teenage conscientious objector for eighth time

Nathan Blanc has spent more than 100 days in prison over the past 19 weeks due to his refusal to enlist in Israeli army

Harriet Sherwood, Jerusalem
    The Guardian, Sunday 31 March 2013

It is a routine Nathan Blanc knows well. At 9am on Tuesday morning, the 19-year-old will report, as instructed in his draft papers, to a military base near Tel Aviv. There he will state his objection to serving in the Israeli army. Following his refusal to enlist, Blanc expects to be arrested and sentenced to between 10 and 20 days in jail. He will then be taken to Military Prison Number 6 to serve his time. And then, following his release, the cycle will begin over again.

The reason why Blanc knows what to expect is that this will be the eighth time the teenage conscientious objector has been jailed in the past 19 weeks. Since the date of his original call-up for military service, Blanc has spent more than 100 days in prison; on one occasion, he was released on a Tuesday and re-imprisoned two days later on a Thursday.

Blanc began to consider the possibility of refusing the draft several years ago. "It was a very hard decision, it took me a long time to get to it," he says.

The turning point was Operation Cast Lead, the war in Gaza that began at the end of 2008 and ended three weeks later with a Palestinian death toll of around 1,400. In a statement issued when he was first imprisoned, Blanc said: "The wave of aggressive militarism that swept the country then, the expressions of mutual hatred, and the vacuous talk about stamping out terror and creating a deterrent effect were the primary trigger for my refusal."

The government, he said, was "not interested in finding a solution to the existing situation, but rather in preserving it … We will talk of deterrence, we will kill some terrorist, we will lose some civilians on both sides, and we will prepare the ground for a new generation full of hatred on both sides … We, as citizens and human beings, have a moral duty to refuse to participate in this cynical game."

In an interview with the Guardian, he says: "The war going on in this country for more than 60 years could have ended a long time ago. But both sides are giving into extremists and fundamentalists. The occupation was supposed to be temporary, but now no one speaks of it ending."

The Israeli state, he adds, keeps people "under our control" without democratic rights. Palestinians are subject to "collective punishment" for the actions of a few.

...Blanc rejected the option taken by some objectors of claiming a medical condition that would exempt him from military service. "I didn't want to lie. This is a point of principle."

...He brushes aside a suggestion that his current stance could harm his future prospects. "I'm proud of what I'm doing. I may have caused some damage to my future, but it's minor compared to the principle at stake."
    yosi wrote:
    Like I said, the picture is f-ed up no matter which way you cut it. I'm not looking to defend the pic, I'm just asking whether the assumptions that everyone is jumping too are actually justified. In that regard I'd point out that you yourself are assuming that what's depicted in the photo is religiously motivated. What about the photo makes you think that religion has anything to do with it? People are jumping to conclusions; perhaps those conclusions are warranted. Perhaps they are not.

This conflict has spawned many images that appeared to show one thing and were later acknowledged to have been misinterpreted/mischaracterized. I remember one famous case in particular where an AP photo showed a young man with a bloodied head and close behind him an angry-looking Israeli policeman yelling and raising a baton. The caption read "An Israeli Policeman and a Palestinian on the Temple Mount," and was taken to depict the policeman beating the Palestinian young man. In turned out that the young man was not Palestinian, but was rather an American Jewish student, the picture wasn't taken on the Temple Mount, and the policeman wasn't attacking the student, but was rather trying to protect him from a Palestinian mob that had dragged him from the back of a cab and beaten and stabbed him.

All of which is to say that pictures can be deceiving.

Religiously motivated? Of course it is! Yosi, you have a pic depicting IDF doing this shit to jews? Are we gonna sit here and debate this now?
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Shame that there aren't more people like this in Israel:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ap ... tor-eighth

Israel set to jail teenage conscientious objector for eighth time

Nathan Blanc has spent more than 100 days in prison over the past 19 weeks due to his refusal to enlist in Israeli army

Harriet Sherwood, Jerusalem
    The Guardian, Sunday 31 March 2013

It is a routine Nathan Blanc knows well. At 9am on Tuesday morning, the 19-year-old will report, as instructed in his draft papers, to a military base near Tel Aviv. There he will state his objection to serving in the Israeli army. Following his refusal to enlist, Blanc expects to be arrested and sentenced to between 10 and 20 days in jail. He will then be taken to Military Prison Number 6 to serve his time. And then, following his release, the cycle will begin over again.

The reason why Blanc knows what to expect is that this will be the eighth time the teenage conscientious objector has been jailed in the past 19 weeks. Since the date of his original call-up for military service, Blanc has spent more than 100 days in prison; on one occasion, he was released on a Tuesday and re-imprisoned two days later on a Thursday.

Blanc began to consider the possibility of refusing the draft several years ago. "It was a very hard decision, it took me a long time to get to it," he says.

The turning point was Operation Cast Lead, the war in Gaza that began at the end of 2008 and ended three weeks later with a Palestinian death toll of around 1,400. In a statement issued when he was first imprisoned, Blanc said: "The wave of aggressive militarism that swept the country then, the expressions of mutual hatred, and the vacuous talk about stamping out terror and creating a deterrent effect were the primary trigger for my refusal."

The government, he said, was "not interested in finding a solution to the existing situation, but rather in preserving it … We will talk of deterrence, we will kill some terrorist, we will lose some civilians on both sides, and we will prepare the ground for a new generation full of hatred on both sides … We, as citizens and human beings, have a moral duty to refuse to participate in this cynical game."

In an interview with the Guardian, he says: "The war going on in this country for more than 60 years could have ended a long time ago. But both sides are giving into extremists and fundamentalists. The occupation was supposed to be temporary, but now no one speaks of it ending."

The Israeli state, he adds, keeps people "under our control" without democratic rights. Palestinians are subject to "collective punishment" for the actions of a few.

...Blanc rejected the option taken by some objectors of claiming a medical condition that would exempt him from military service. "I didn't want to lie. This is a point of principle."

...He brushes aside a suggestion that his current stance could harm his future prospects. "I'm proud of what I'm doing. I may have caused some damage to my future, but it's minor compared to the principle at stake."

Wow, bravo Nathan bravo. Oh wait Steve, this story mite be fake too :roll:
    Badbrains, this may surprise you, but for a great many people on both sides this conflict is about competing secular nationalisms, not religion.