What Jay-z said to me about Pearl Jam

thejam2315thejam2315 Posts: 10
edited March 2013 in The Porch
I"m not on here a lot, but I did see a lot of people complaining about 99 problems at Made in America right after the collab so I wanted to tell you my experience about Jay-z and what he told me and my brother about Pearl Jam

I was walking on a Philly side street parallel to the Festival. In my drunken voyage to the show, with my brother and friends, my brother, who is a huge Jay-z fan, tapped me on the shoulder and uttered " thats Jay." Before I could even turn to him, he was off walking in Jay-z direction. I followed. Jay-z was by himself, no security surrounding him. Just like a regular guy.

As soon as the conversation started he said, "guys we cant stop for a picture cause itll get crazy, so lets just walk and bullshit." So we did for about a 1/4 mile. My brother and I talked and thanked him for his show the previous night. He thanked us, but didnt want to talk about him.He asked us who else we enjoyed, who else we came to see. Converstation continued back and forth and right before Jay-z went to exit to the side entrance of the festival I asked "Why you pick Pearl Jam?"

And he said, with a chuckle " they the shit, wouldn't think I listen to them, right? Take it easy"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BobbakBobbak Posts: 87
    thejam2315 wrote:
    Converstation continued back and forth and right before Jay-z went to exit to the side entrance of the festival I asked "Why you pick Pearl Jam?"

And he said, with a chuckle " they the shit, wouldn't think I listen to them, right? Take it easy"

Best endorsement of the band ever!!!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Cool story! It s nice to know that these huge stars are just like regular people.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    very cool!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Haywood YablomeeHaywood Yablomee Posts: 608
    edited March 2013
    JayZ & Beyonce took millions of dollars to perform for a dictaor's family! (Goggle: Gaddafi, Beyonce & JayZ)
    These are the people PJ associates with and performs with now??
    When PJ took money from JayZ's "Paid in America" Budweiser festival, I wonder if any of it was the same cash from Gaddafi's blood money account?
    Kinda makes EV's rants against Papa John's health insurance absolutley asinine!

"Normal People" dont take millions of dollars from dictators!!

Did I ever tell you the story of the pot and the kettle??
    Post edited by Haywood Yablomee on
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    OP - Cool story!!
  • Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    JayZ & Beyonce took millions of dollars to perform for a dictaor's family! (Goggle: Gaddafi, Beyonce & JayZ)
    When PJ took money from JayZ's "Paid in America" Budweiser festival, I wonder if any of it was the same cash from Gaddafi's blood money account?

Ever hear the story of Who and his friend Gives a fuck?
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• jasonjason Posts: 468

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • troysp1troysp1 Posts: 412
    Abe Froman wrote:
    OP - Cool story!!

Abe Froman - best forum name I have seen yet! Cheers to you!
  • JayZ & Beyonce took millions of dollars to perform for a dictaor's family! (Goggle: Gaddafi, Beyonce & JayZ)

:lol: good work.

and great story OP
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

the good part be in the forum alot,kinda all day like me,is that i already remember the members are negative always at every of their post..when you gonna change your mind and post something positive in the forum,shoot me a pm,to put in the fridge a bottle of champaigne i saved for that moment!
    and again,cool story OP,thanks for sharing..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 537
    you're crazy for this one Jay! HOV!
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • I love how I'm the bad guy for pointing out a celebrity that assoicates with PJ (and paid PJ) took millions of dollars to play for a dictaor...

Yet PJ is always the first to point out the injustices of others.

Does anyone know who Muammar Gaddafi is???
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I love how I'm the bad guy for pointing out a celebrity that assoicates with PJ (and paid PJ) took millions of dollars to play for a dictaor...

Yet PJ is always the first to point out the injustices of others.

Does anyone know who Muammar Gaddafi is???
    Sure we do but he has nothing to do with the story the OP told. Get over the fact that pearl jam played a concert sponsored by Budweiser.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    thejam2315 wrote:
    " wouldn't think I listen to them, right? "

what does this mean??
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    shortstack wrote:
    thejam2315 wrote:

what does this mean??

It means, "Golly, fellas, I bet you think a guy like me doesn't listen to Pearl Jam, huh. But I do. And I like them. A lot."
  • pearljam133pearljam133 Posts: 202
    I still am embarassed that PJ was on the same stage as that talentless scumbag. That was the worst moment in the history of the band, no matter what anyone says.
    5/2/2003 - Buffalo, NY
    5/9/2010 - Cleveland, OH
    9/11/2011 - Toronto, ONT
    9/12/2011 - Toronto, ONT
    7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field
    10/11/2013 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/2013 - Buffalo, NY
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    thejam2315 wrote:
    I"m not on here a lot, but I did see a lot of people complaining about 99 problems at Made in America right after the collab so I wanted to tell you my experience about Jay-z and what he told me and my brother about Pearl Jam

I was walking on a Philly side street parallel to the Festival. In my drunken voyage to the show, with my brother and friends, my brother, who is a huge Jay-z fan, tapped me on the shoulder and uttered " thats Jay." Before I could even turn to him, he was off walking in Jay-z direction. I followed. Jay-z was by himself, no security surrounding him. Just like a regular guy.

As soon as the conversation started he said, "guys we cant stop for a picture cause itll get crazy, so lets just walk and bullshit." So we did for about a 1/4 mile. My brother and I talked and thanked him for his show the previous night. He thanked us, but didnt want to talk about him.He asked us who else we enjoyed, who else we came to see. Converstation continued back and forth and right before Jay-z went to exit to the side entrance of the festival I asked "Why you pick Pearl Jam?"

Love this! I love that he took the time to talk to you guys.

I'm not even close to being a hip hop fan and never will be, but Jay Z is good people in my book and will try to go see him whenever I can. Saw him and Coldplay on NYE at the Barclays center, just all kinds of good vibes. Your story just reinforces that.
  • I still am embarassed that PJ was on the same stage as that talentless scumbag. That was the worst moment in the history of the band, no matter what anyone says.
    you should be embarrassed that you spelled embarrassed wrong :lol:
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055

I get your beef with Jayz Beyonce but why are you trying to drag PJ into it. I bet you Jay and Beyonce donate a shit ton to charities. Are those charities also guilty of accepting blood money. You should have stopped your rant at Jayz and Beyonce.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    shortstack wrote:
    thejam2315 wrote:

what does this mean??

It means, "Golly, fellas, I bet you think a guy like me doesn't listen to Pearl Jam, huh. But I do. And I like them. A lot."

oh, you mean one of those fellas that makes the hip hops.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • JayZ & Beyonce took millions of dollars to perform for a dictaor's family! (Goggle: Gaddafi, Beyonce & JayZ)

I get your beef with Jayz Beyonce but why are you trying to drag PJ into it. I bet you Jay and Beyonce donate a shit ton to charities. Are those charities also guilty of accepting blood money. You should have stopped your rant at Jayz and Beyonce.

I guess you're kinda right but PJ should have done their due diligence...

JayZ is the epitome of a capitalist and a scumbag. Some of the shit I've read about him is unreal.
    Living in NY, you read about his bullshit all the time. F*CK him!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    "I think all kids in the hood should be exposed to indie rock. Why not? Grizzly Bear is dope." - Jay Z, last year.

Nice to see a legend of one genre praising another. Jay Z performing with Pearl Jam was one of the greatest highlights of PJ's career.
  • JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Did you know that 99 problems was "borrowed" from Ice -T?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/APBvUG0QqXk?autoplay=1

I thought I'd educate some folks about the OG.

Speaking of OG, Ice-T would be a great opener for PJ.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    JB128716 wrote:
    Did you know that 99 problems was "borrowed" from Ice -T?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/APBvUG0QqXk?autoplay=1

I thought I'd educate some folks about the OG.

Speaking of OG, Ice-T would be a great opener for PJ.

Save your breath. I think people's minds were made up a minute after the festival ended. "Gasp the B word!!!!! Our Eddie would never sing along to that! Must've been pixel issues on the video!"
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,434
    shortstack wrote:
    thejam2315 wrote:

what does this mean??

I always go back to the movie AIRPLANE when it comes to Jive talk!

Randy: Can I get you something?

Second Jive Dude: 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!

Randy: I'm sorry, I don't understand.

First Jive Dude: Cutty say 'e can't HANG!

Jive Lady: Oh stewardess! I speak jive.

Randy: Oh, good.

Jive Lady: He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.

Randy: All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?

Jive Lady: [to the Second Jive Dude] Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.

Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!

Jive Lady: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!

First Jive Dude: Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!

Jive Lady: Jive ass dude don't got no brains anyhow! Shiiiiit.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • shortstack wrote:
    thejam2315 wrote:

what does this mean??

I always go back to the movie AIRPLANE when it comes to Jive talk!

Randy: Can I get you something?

Second Jive Dude: 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!

Randy: I'm sorry, I don't understand.

First Jive Dude: Cutty say 'e can't HANG!

Jive Lady: Oh stewardess! I speak jive.

Randy: Oh, good.

Jive Lady: He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.

Randy: All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?

Jive Lady: [to the Second Jive Dude] Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.

Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!

Jive Lady: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!

First Jive Dude: Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!

Jive Lady: Jive ass dude don't got no brains anyhow! Shiiiiit.

:lol: Greatest of all time!

"Lay 'em down and smack 'em yack 'em"
  • I still am embarassed that PJ was on the same stage as that talentless scumbag. That was the worst moment in the history of the band, no matter what anyone says.

DITTO
  • Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    I still am embarassed that PJ was on the same stage as that talentless scumbag. That was the worst moment in the history of the band, no matter what anyone says.
    Id love to see ypu rap. A lot harder than you think.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

Id love to see ypu rap. A lot harder than you think.

By the sound of it, I don't think he cares about being able to rap.
  • Am I mistaken but didn't that imbecile (JayZ) retire a few years back?
This discussion has been closed.