Options

Finally, Some New Music!

KM43590KM43590 Posts: 298
edited March 2013 in Other Music
In the last few weeks & months, I've been listening to a few new (to me) artists, and I wanted to spread the wealth so-to-speak!

1. Charles Bradley
2. Keaton Henson
3. Bowerbirds
4. Atl-J
5. Detektivbyrån

1 & 4 are my personal favorites and I'm still easing into the others, but they're all great and pretty different from one another.

It took me 10+ years to break out of my "grunge/rock" shell, and now I love finding new bands to add to my arsenal of entertainment!

So, I've shown you mine, now show me yours?!!! I want to hear as much good music as I can! Thanks/Enjoy!

P.S. - Dave Grohl's "Sound City: Real To Reel" soundtrack is amazing! Check it out, if you haven't already! ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    I saw Charles Bradley at a festival last summer, and that was insane! Got an album recently, and it's good stuff, but catch the live show if you get a chance. He's an electrifying performer.
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    KM43590 wrote:
    In the last few weeks & months, I've been listening to a few new (to me) artists, and I wanted to spread the wealth so-to-speak!

1. Charles Bradley
    2. Keaton Henson
    3. Bowerbirds
    4. Atl-J
    5. Detektivbyrån

1 & 4 are my personal favorites and I'm still easing into the others, but they're all great and pretty different from one another.

It took me 10+ years to break out of my "grunge/rock" shell, and now I love finding new bands to add to my arsenal of entertainment!

So, I've shown you mine, now show me yours?!!! I want to hear as much good music as I can! Thanks/Enjoy!

P.S. - Dave Grohl's "Sound City: Real To Reel" soundtrack is amazing! Check it out, if you haven't already! ;)
    funny, 1 & 4 are the only I've heard of and love them both. I'll have to check out the others. Thanks :P
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Oh, and here's a few to check out:
    Gary Clark Jr.
    Heartless Bastards
    My Morning Jacket (on the crazy chance you've never heard them)
    John Butler trio
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    Charles Bradley has a new album coming out april 2
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg