evil-dead-poster-3_zpsc93eac9c.jpg
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    April 5th in Theaters

Wait wait wait. They're remaking Evil Dead? As in Boomstick Evil Dead?????
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    April 5th in Theaters

Yep,
    “In the much anticipated remake of the 1981 cult-hit horror film, five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin. When they discover a Book of the Dead, they unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival.”

Bruce Campbell may make an appearance.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Yep,
    “In the much anticipated remake of the 1981 cult-hit horror film, five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin. When they discover a Book of the Dead, they unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival.”

I'm sorry. I just can't get behind that. The great thing about those movies was the hilarity of them! The awful effects! The one liners!! This is a sad day.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • April 5th in Theaters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvDLWlxxcak

That shit looks craaaaaazy! :shock:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvDLWlxxcak

It def looks like it has potential.
    I look at it as being a darker, more serious version of the original.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvDLWlxxcak

Agreed. Hard to tell if it will be good or just another gross out film

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvDLWlxxcak

Agreed. Hard to tell if it will be good or just another gross out film

The original Evil Dead was a series horror movie, it was EDII and Army of Darkness that did the comedy bit. Also Raimi and Bruce are involved in this remake. They went the remake route instead of doing ED4.

And that Stitches movie looks great
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    The Exorcist
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
    Nightmare on Elm Street (Original)
    My butt itches!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Yep,

I'm sorry. I just can't get behind that. The great thing about those movies was the hilarity of them! The awful effects! The one liners!! This is a sad day.

I saw Evil Dead: The Musical Off-Broadway a few years back and sat just outside the "splatter zone." It was a riot! Better than Toxic Avenger: The Musical a couple years later.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    dankind wrote:
    Better than Toxic Avenger: The Musical a couple years later.

OMG! Mop boy on the big stage! Get out! :corn:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Posted this in the Random thread, may as well here too.
    Trailer for The Shining Documentary...Room 237
    March 29th
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2085910/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbg8wjUiQjs

MV5BMzQyMjgzNzAwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODI0NjIzNw@@._V1_SX214_.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    March 29th

On the subject of "The Shining", anybody ever seen the "Shining" video on YouTube? It's pretty damn funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfout_rgPSA
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    March 29th

On the subject of "The Shining", anybody ever seen the "Shining" video on YouTube? It's pretty damn funny.

:lol::lol: That is awesome!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Posted this in the Random thread, may as well here too.
    March 29th

The feel good movie of the year! :lol::lol:
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I really like the found footage genre. None of them scare me, but they keep my interest and can get suspenseful.

My top 5 found footage horror movies are:

1. Grave Encounters
    2. Quarantine
    3. Paranormal Entity
    4. Paranormal Activity
    5. The Devil Inside

I watched Grave Encounters yesterday on netflix.

It was one of the best horror movies I have seen, and definitely the best "found Footage" one IMO. Bonkers. Great rec.

Still in my queue. It's all about getting my toddler to sleep before I'm ready to call it a night myself.

Finally watched it. Thanks for the suggestion.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I watched Sinister last night.

*Spoilers, as in blowing in the whole movie below*

*Spoilers*

*Last Chance*

I thought it had a lot of potential, and I liked it, despite some major flaws which drive me nuts.
    First, the big twist at the end is flawed. I understand the kids need to drug the adults/older kids so they can overpower them.... Okay. But then we are supposed to believe that these kids can bind/carry/drag adults to the killing locations, hang them, chop them up with push mowers, hack multiple bodies into pieces, drag lawn chairs with people on them across concrete into the pool, etc. It just seems flawed and not well bound together. I think it would have been scarier/better if the kids just merely summoned a physical form of Baghuul by drawing his image over and over.... and that child is consumed once Baghuul executes the family.

Also, Baghuul is supposed to be a Pagan Diety. Whats with his image bringing him to life then? They didnt have cameras. And what is with the film anyways? When did it start? Why not upgrade to modern technologies? I also dont get how the family has to move before the killing rule. Im not one to pick movies apart for stuff, and I can suspend belief. I even like it when horror movies keep things a mystery... But it felt like this movie completely unravelled at the end.

The movie was too dark... as in completely lacking illumination. I was staring into a dark screen for long periods of time. He apparently killed a scorpion, I couldnt tell what the hell it was.

They showed pretty much every scare in the previews, which sucks. Usually I can avoid previews as I dont watch too much popular Television. This movie was widely marketed though. I did like how the scares did not depend on the shrill shrieking noise for fake/cheap effect.

The musical score and audio in the movie were first class.

All in all, I would say it was a good, original idea with some potential. generally a terrifying, mysterious bad guy which is good (although that was diminished at the ending IMO). Was pretty suspenseful, but they gave away most of the movie in the previews. The snuff Super 8 films were all very disturbing. 3 stars out of 5.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I understand the kids need to drug the adults/older kids so they can overpower them.... Okay. But then we are supposed to believe that these kids can bind/carry/drag adults to the killing locations, hang them, chop them up with push mowers, hack multiple bodies into pieces, drag lawn chairs with people on them across concrete into the pool, etc.
    I thought the same thing

Also, Baghuul is supposed to be a Pagan Diety. Whats with his image bringing him to life then? They didnt have cameras. And what is with the film anyways? When did it start? Why not upgrade to modern technologies? I also dont get how the family has to move before the killing rule. Im not one to pick movies apart for stuff, and I can suspend belief. I even like it when horror movies keep things a mystery... But it felt like this movie completely unravelled at the end.
    The first film started with the first family, which was late 70's?? I agree about the form of media. Unless the Baghuul spirit just continued to make them film in the Super 8 film. The whole location/family thing confused me too.

The movie was too dark... as in completely lacking illumination. I was staring into a dark screen for long periods of time. He apparently killed a scorpion, I couldnt tell what the hell it was.
    I had no issues with the contrast/picture. Maybe it was on your end?
    They showed pretty much every scare in the previews, which sucks. Usually I can avoid previews as I dont watch too much popular Television. This movie was widely marketed though. I did like how the scares did not depend on the shrill shrieking noise for fake/cheap effect.
    I would have liked to have seen more of the Baghuul for sure.
    The musical score and audio in the movie were first class.

All in all, I would say it was a good, original idea with some potential. generally a terrifying, mysterious bad guy which is good (although that was diminished at the ending IMO). Was pretty suspenseful, but they gave away most of the movie in the previews. The snuff Super 8 films were all very disturbing. 3 stars out of 5.
    Funny side note: Film took place in Pennsylvania(Idk where it was filmed). The map they show of the counties(Monroe) in the Poconos is where I lived for 30+ years. Had a laugh at that.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Gonna see The Mist (2007) on Friday at out FFFN (first friday fright night) at the Colonial Theater, followed by the first episode of the Walking Dead in Black & white :D

Never saw the Mist when it came out. Not sure why, just didn't get around to seeing it.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Gonna see The Mist (2007) on Friday at out FFFN (first friday fright night) at the Colonial Theater, followed by the first episode of the Walking Dead in Black & white :D

Never saw the Mist when it came out. Not sure why, just didn't get around to seeing it.

I rented it a couple of years ago. I guess it was OK, to be honest I don't remember anything about it except the ending, so I guess it was mostly forgettable to me, except the ending. If I hadn't liked it I would remember being disappointed, so it wasn't I thought it was bad, just didn't stand out much I guess.
    If I recall correctly, it was the ending of The Mist that annoyed me.
    If I recall correctly, it was the ending of The Mist that annoyed me.

I didn't say it was good, but it was memorable.
    The Mist was very good, if you read the SK short story, which is regarded as one of his best/longest ones. I thought the movie did the print story very well. However, the ending really overshadowed the rest of the movie and deviated from the print form.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    So I can't read that giant spoiler post about Sinister because I don't want to spoil it. :P Is it good?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    yeah, if you like horror movies, its a no-brainer to see it. Horror movies are tricky in that probably 75% are awful and forgettable. This one really wasn't. It wasnt a great one IMO, but decent enough to get into the 25%
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    The Game
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    I just remembered tha tI liked SAW. Just part one. what a crazy ending!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    And cue the Sinister sequel.....

Confirming earlier reports, Blumhouse Productions is moving forward on Sinister 2, the sequel to last year’s horror pic that grossed more than $87M worldwide off of a $3M budget, Deadline reports.

Creators Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill, who wrote the original, are both returning, although it’s unclear if Derrickson will direct once again.
  • I hear Mama is a creepy scary show?

Can anyone verify this?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711

Well saw it last night. I dug it. Not sure how I felt about the ending, but overall very enjoyable. Oh yeah also we saw it in lack and white which was pretty cool. Followed by the first episode of the Walking Dead in black and white. Also there were 3 cast members of the Walking Dead in the Mist, Andrea, Dale, and Carol. :thumbup:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly