New approach to tour dates...

starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
edited February 2013 in The Porch
So... the agony of waiting for FALL TOUR DATES right?! NOPE. Ya know what? Whenever they play we will be informed. Whoever does the ticketing will sell the tickets. Wherever they play we will go. If all else fails we get a ticket the day of the show 2 songs in for cheap. Fuck it. Don't feed into this bullshit anymore. I'm not gonna, I know that. :mrgreen: In the end everyone will be in the building. Plain and simple. I've fed the machine for too long... time to let the machine feed us.

Love,

Adam
xoxoxoxox
Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• So... the agony of waiting for FALL TOUR DATES right?! NOPE. Ya know what? Whenever they play we will be informed. Whoever does the ticketing will sell the tickets. Wherever they play we will go. If all else fails we get a ticket the day of the show 2 songs in for cheap. Fuck it. Don't feed into this bullshit anymore. I'm not gonna, I know that. :mrgreen: In the end everyone will be in the building. Plain and simple. I've fed the machine for too long... time to let the machine feed us.

Love,

Adam
    xoxoxoxox

Sorry, disagree. I cant afford to go wherever they play. The agony for me and I think most people is will they play near me. I get your sentiment but don't agree with it. Machine hungry!
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • So... the agony of waiting for FALL TOUR DATES right?! NOPE. Ya know what? Whenever they play we will be informed. Whoever does the ticketing will sell the tickets. Wherever they play we will go. If all else fails we get a ticket the day of the show 2 songs in for cheap. Fuck it. Don't feed into this bullshit anymore. I'm not gonna, I know that. :mrgreen: In the end everyone will be in the building. Plain and simple. I've fed the machine for too long... time to let the machine feed us.

Love,

Adam
    xoxoxoxox
    Knowing the full schedule would save alot of people money. I'd be pissed if I spent my vacation time and money on the Chicago show. And then a month or two later they announce shows alot closer to me. It defies logic to announce a date here and then other dates a bit later.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    So... the agony of waiting for FALL TOUR DATES right?! NOPE. Ya know what? Whenever they play we will be informed. Whoever does the ticketing will sell the tickets. Wherever they play we will go. If all else fails we get a ticket the day of the show 2 songs in for cheap. Fuck it. Don't feed into this bullshit anymore. I'm not gonna, I know that. :mrgreen: In the end everyone will be in the building. Plain and simple. I've fed the machine for too long... time to let the machine feed us.

Love,

Adam
    xoxoxoxox

Wow! Does that really happen? Tell me how that works. No, seriously- I'm kind of out of the loop. Is that really possible/likely to happen?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    brianlux wrote:

Love,

Adam
    xoxoxoxox

Wow! Does that really happen? Tell me how that works. No, seriously- I'm kind of out of the loop. Is that really possible/likely to happen?

Sure it does. Maybe not the best seats though. I couldn't give away my extra ticket at the Missoula show this year. Seriously, could not even give it away. I sold extra tickets for Springsteen's Wrigley show last year for 70% of face value and sold an extra Springsteen ticket for 25% of face value for the Louisville show because I didn't want to wait around and negotiate for an hour to sell the tickets.

At Ed's St. Louis show in 2011 it took an hour to find someone willing to pay 50% of the ticket price for my extra ticket.

And there were lots of people trying to do the same thing I was doing at all of these shows.

It may be difficult for the popular venues like MSG but I think for generally any larger venue event there will be scalpers that end up with too much inventory and need to sell.
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    Happens all the time, like the previous poster said. Couldn't GIVE A MISSOULA ticket away. Enough said.

And, oh yes, they WILL announce the new dates JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST after you spend $ on a flight, hotel, ticket, etc. So fucking predictable. Still love em. Can't stand their marketing tactics.
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,872
    i love that this positive post took 1 reply to turn negative

kumbaya yall!!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    This has become a what will be will be ... for me.