Would you do this trade?

bellosjambellosjam Posts: 288
edited February 2013 in Lost Dogs
Sealed Benny for a peeled stereo Beatles butcher cover...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816
    Oh damn.... I think so. There is always a chance they make more Benny s.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    bellosjam wrote:
    Sealed Benny for a peeled stereo Beatles butcher cover...
    That all depends on how you feel about the Beatles I guess. I personally respect them a lot, but don't love their music for the most part (used to though - I know their music really well). So I'd never do that trade in a million years. But if you're a rabid Beatles fan, at least as much as you are a PJ fan, then I guess go for it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10 wrote:
    Oh damn.... I think so. There is always a chance they make more Benny s.
    They're going to make more Bennys! You made my day! :D
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • I think I might pull the trigger on this one. I'm hesitant only because I haven't seen the butcher in person. With these peeled covers there's a lot of damage that doesn't show up well in photos!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    They won't make more Benny's. One time pressing.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I would do that trade for an opened mint Benny cause that's all I have. :)
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    If both parties are happy, then why not?

I love The Beatles, but I probably wouldn't make the trade just based on the amount of music on each item.

I made a white Backspacer for PJ20 soundtrack vinyl trade a while ago, and both parties were very happy. I got three records for one, and my trading partner got a record that the market/collectors deemed more valuable.

I will say that the peeled Butchers are the least valuable versions of that record to collectors, if that sort of thing matters to you -- clearly, it doesn't to me
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    dankind wrote:
    If both parties are happy, then why not?

I love The Beatles, but I probably wouldn't make the trade just based on the amount of music on each item.

I made a white Backspacer for PJ20 soundtrack vinyl trade a while ago, and both parties were very happy. I got three records for one, and my trading partner got a record that the market/collectors deemed more valuable.

I will say that the peeled Butchers are the least valuable versions of that record to collectors, if that sort of thing matters to you -- clearly, it doesn't to me

If you both are happy. why not? These can turn out to be the best trades!
  • I admit this would be a trade purely for the fact that the butcher cover is a collectible. I'm intrigued by the whole story and what it says about the social climate in the US at that time. This is something to be framed, not so much for spinning. You guys/gals continue to have great comments by the way. I love this forum!
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    bellosjam wrote:
    I admit this would be a trade purely for the fact that the butcher cover is a collectible. I'm intrigued by the whole story and what it says about the social climate in the US at that time. This is something to be framed, not so much for spinning. You guys/gals continue to have great comments by the way. I love this forum!

See...
    You are already happy and you haven't even traded yet . ;)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680
    whats the value of the beatles record?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    pdalowsky wrote:
    whats the value of the beatles record?

Original Butchers have gone for five figures; peeled ones rarely break the three-figure mark. The fact that the record that bellosjam is looking at is a stereo press might put it toward the higher end.

Someone would have to appraise it.

If you're serious about considering this trade and since you want it for its collectibility, you should offer to pay to have it appraised before pulling the trigger. If its value comes in under $500, maybe let this one go.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BG182387BG182387 Chicago Posts: 36
    I have one of these Beatles yesterday and today records unpeeledT2553 in upper right corner and on the back left corner is a 3. After a little bit of research I think this might be the dame record you are all talking about.
  • I think there is a website for a guy in California who does professional peeling. On the other hand some collectors are recommending not to peel as the unpeeled are now becoming harder to find.
  • ###Nevermind I retract that statement. I didnt realized it was a peeled cover instead of the original which is worth an astronomical amount of money
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself