Request played 3 years later? (Nashville '00/'03)

JE79371JE79371 Posts: 8
edited February 2013 in The Porch
I was listening to the bootleg from the first concert I saw live, Nashville 2000. After a great version of Porch, Ed reads off sign requests and says "Throw Your Arms Around Me - sorry sweetie, maybe next time." After reading a few more signs, and just before the first notes of Yellow Ledbetter, he says "next time" again.

Ed played Throw Your Arms Around Me before Sleater Kinney took the stage in Nashville in 2003.

Are people aware of similar examples like this? Was it just a coincidence, or are requests sometimes played years later?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    I think we learned from Brian F's experience that Eddie is very conscious of what songs the band has and has not played each time they have played that city. I'm sure the playing of the song 3 years later was not a coincidence.
  • While we'd probably all like to think he has such a memory, I personally doubt it.

Let's remember that this is a fellow who frequently struggles to remember lyrics to the very songs he penned. ;)
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    I think we learned from Brian F's experience that Eddie is very conscious of what songs the band has and has not played each time they have played that city. I'm sure the playing of the song 3 years later was not a coincidence.

Then why has Oceans not been played in Philly/Camden in about 20 years? There has probably been about 20 shows in the area in that many years. Luckily I have caught it twice in other random cities.