Oscar Pistorius

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
edited March 2013 in A Moving Train
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    yeah i saw that. crazy stuff.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Guns
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    He should be beat to death with his blades.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • His version seems like bullshit, I don't think he'll have a leg to stand on...
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    His version seems like bullshit, I don't think he'll have a leg to stand on...
    Ba-dum-bum!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    no blades allowed in the joint :nono:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    I am surprised his defense is not that she was a Nexus-6 model.
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    AzWicker wrote:
    I am surprised his defense is not that she was a Nexus-6 model.

This was not called murder, but retirement.
    has he lost his endorsements yet?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/0 ... er-website

Nike 'bullet' ad pulled from accused sprinter's website

A Nike advert featuring double-amputee sprinter Oscar Pistorius describing himself as like a "bullet" has been pulled from the South African's website today, hours after he was charged with shooting dead his girlfriend. The ad, reportedly part of a 2011 campaign, shows a time lapse image of Pistorius springing from the starting blocks with the tagline, "I am the bullet in the chamber".

Nike declined to comment on the ad.

"Nike extends its deepest sympathy and condolences to all families concerned following this tragic incident," it said in a statement.

"As it is a police matter, Nike will not comment further at this time."

Billboard ads featuring the 26-year-old Paralympic gold medallist were also being removed in Johannesburg today.

South African TV station M-Net had been using an image of Pistorius in a suit with the slogan "Every night is 'Oscar' night this February" to promote its upcoming coverage of the Oscars.

"Out of respect and sympathy to the bereaved, M-Net will be pulling its entire Oscar campaign featuring Oscar Pistorius with immediate effect," the TV station said on Twitter.

Pistorius, who became the first double-amputee to ever compete in the Olympics last summer in London, is accused of shooting 29-year-old model Reeva Steenkamp four times yesterday inside his home in Pretoria
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    i love this one

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/0 ... nd-reports

South Africa's Olympic double amputee Oscar Pistorius shot his girlfriend dead after mistaking her for a burglar, according to reports.

Pistorius, known as "The Blade Runner", allegedly killed his girlfriend at 4am (1pm AEDT) on Thursday morning local time at his home in Pretoria, the Die Beeld website reports.

Police captain Sarah Mcira confirmed that a woman was shot four times in the arm and the head.

She was declared dead at the scene.

Die Beeld has named the victim as his girlfriend of a year, Reeva Steenkamp.

Steenkamp is a model who has posed for FHM and described herself on her Twitter page as a "SA Model, Cover Girl, Tropika Island of Treasure Celeb Contestant, Law Graduate, Child of God."
    South African journalist Kalay Maistry told Sky News that it is believed his girlfriend was trying to surprise him for Valentine's Day.

"I think what this actually highlights is the level of fear ordinary South Africans have," she said.

"This is a man who has gone to bed, it's an innocent surprise from a girlfriend … and the moment he thinks someone is trying to break in he grabs his gun."

Yesterday Steenkamp tweeted a now-eerie Valentine's Day message.

"What do you have up your sleeve for your love tomorrow??? #getexcited #ValentinesDay," she wrote.

Pistorius was arrested at the house and is expected to appear at Pretoria Magistrate's Court later today.

A case of murder is now being investigated.

His agent Peet van Zyl said he was on the way to Pretoria to speak with him.

"Oscar is a humble person and a lovely guy — I'm sure what's happened has been a terrible mistake but I really don't have the details at the moment," he said.

He is reportedly in shock.

A 9mm pistol was taken from the scene.

Pistorius became the first athlete to compete at both the Olympics and Paralympics in London last year.

He was due to compete in able-bodied events in Sydney and Perth early next month.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yeah, wow, crazy story. :? I wonder if he did it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:

well yes. he did shoot his girlfriend.. but under what circumstances? was is accidental? did he really think she was a burglar? or did he purposely mean to kill her?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    the problem is we cant do a trial here..we arent judges,we dont know the facts,only what we read at the news..
    the thing is when some famous do that shit,things gets out of hand,from both sides..

who know what happen..

the sad is a young beautiful woman is dead
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    PJ_Soul wrote:

well yes. he did shoot his girlfriend.. but under what circumstances? was is accidental? did he really think she was a burglar? or did he purposely mean to kill her?
    Sorry, I meant I wondered if he murdered her. :)
    .... in cases like this, I find myself almost hoping that the suspect DID commit the crime (the victim being the victim either way), because the idea of someone being wrongfully accused of murder is too horrifying.
    Doesn't sound like it was an accident though, if the neighbors are correct about screaming going on before the shooting. Wtf Pistorius??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • You'd have to think twice about being sponsored by Nike
    Wembly Arena-oct 28-1996 . MEN-june 04-2000 . MSG-july 08-2003 . MSG-july 09-2003 . GM Place-sep 02-2005 . Pengrowth Saddledome-sep 05-2005 . Astoria-april 20-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 15-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 16-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 18-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 22-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 23-2006 . Leeds Festival-aug 25-2006 . Wembley Arena-june 18-2007 . Forum Copenhagen-june 26-2007 . Verizon Amphitheatre-june 17-2008 . MSG-june 24-2008 . MSG-june 25-2008 . Sheperds Bush Empire-aug 11-2009 . MEN-aug 17-2009 . O2 arena-aug 18-2009 . United Centre-aug 23-2009 . United Centre-aug 24-2009 . MSG-may 20-2010 . MSG-may 21-2010 . Hyde Park-june 25-2010 . Air Canada Centre-sep 11-2011 . Air Canada Centre-sep 12-2011
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    seeing all the stories i don't think he has a leg to stand on
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Who the hell is this guy?
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Who the hell is this guy?

south african olympic runner
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    i saw the news and telling about alchohol and Anabolic steroids,they found in the house
    he says he accidently shot his girlfriend...

another responsible gun owner...

i didnt even thought of that..yeah...there are so many responsible gun owners out there

atleast there is the a good thing for him
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=204507
  • i was watching footage of him in court yesterday, those long blades greatly increase his stride :|
    the very welcome storm

i didnt even thought of that..yeah...there are so many responsible gun owners out there

now now guys.. he thought she was an intruder. :oops:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

now now guys.. he thought she was an intruder. :oops:
    sure..
    His story is so implausible ... I'm shocked that his lawyers let him release that.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    His story is so implausible ... I'm shocked that his lawyers let him release that.
    i guess by disclosing that, he might be facing the max of whatever is equivalent to manslaughter here in the us, as opposed to first or second degree murder. it might be a smart move by the defense attorneys, because at this point i think their main goal is to avoid the maximum sentence, and if south africa has the death penalty, they are gonna want to try to avoid that....

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    It looks like the South African version of the OJ Simpson prosecution team has been assembled. On day 1 the lead detective agreed with the defense that they didn’t have real evidence. And on day 2 one of his key witnesses that heard screaming leading up to the shooting was actually four blocks away.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackandfield/story/_/id/8965442/lead-oscar-pistorius-cop-offers-confusing-testimony
    i think they are going to have to use the chewbacca defense.....

PJ_Soul wrote:
    i guess by disclosing that, he might be facing the max of whatever is equivalent to manslaughter here in the us, as opposed to first or second degree murder. it might be a smart move by the defense attorneys, because at this point i think their main goal is to avoid the maximum sentence, and if south africa has the death penalty, they are gonna want to try to avoid that....
    Yeah, but if even one shred of physical evidence contradicts his story in any way, he's hooped. He is just stuck with this shitty story now, no matter what the evidence turns up. Seems like a strange legal decision to me at this stage of the game.