Are you ready to change your life?

evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
The title says it all. There comes a time in everyones life where you might feel the need to give, but you don't know what to do. I've taken the liberty to start something here. If you're shaking your head "no no no" then either move out of the thread, or consider rotating that shaking head of yours by 90 degrees. The choice is ultimately your own. It's your life and no one can take that away from you. If, however, you're intrigued and think that you actually might want to be a part of something bigger than anything you've dreamed of, then check out some of these links and join one. The world is a dynamic place full of love and hate; You can physically help someone in need of a better life by giving what to us, is negligible in the grande scheme of things. $5 a month is a start and you can make a huge difference. Think about that number a bit. Then continue reading.

There are many charities out there asking for your hard-earned money. I've listed only a few here. These are charities that have made it to the list of charities that actually put your money where you'd expect it to go, like directly to buy food. I wouldn't list a charity that will take 75 cents of your dollar and pocket it. Do your own research. It takes only a few minutes out of your entire life, to contact a charity, set up your payment and walk away. I've been a part of "Save The Children" for a couple years now and they DO NOT hassle me. I've only ever received one phone call, and yes, it was to ask if I'd be interested in upping my donations by $10 a month. I'll be honest with everyone here and say I didn't agree to it, but I agreed to upping it by $5 a month. I'd rather give you specific details here and now so you don't have the questions that I had when I decided to take the step to help people. I'd bet 100% of all people on this forum are good, decent, hard working people who love the idea of a good life. If you do, why not share it with someone else. The band does, and I'm sure they'd be proud if the fans did too. For those of you who are already donors to charities (or other causes), then I appreciate you reading this. For those that want to be a part of a greater community of givers, then I urge you to be a part of something great. Be a part of a charity. It's something you can cherish every day, knowing that you're still living your normal every day life with all of your "problems", but you're helping a person with a problem that hopefully... you will never have; hunger.

http://www.worldvision.ca/ (helps all ages of people)

http://www.savethechildren.org/ (helps kids)

http://playingforchange.org/ (helps all ages, mostly kids, through the power of music)

If you do decide to make this change in your life, turn on a PJ record, contact the charity and have a wonderful rest of your day.

Peace
Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• No
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    Are you ready to separate paragraphs?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    no...not yet
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I would like to find somewhere close to home to volunteer. I need to get on that.
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    :lol:
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    It is very admirable of you to spend your time and energy on improving the lives of those around you. i could learn something from you. Thank you sir.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    It is very admirable of you to spend your time and energy on improving the lives of those around you. i could learn something from you. Thank you sir.

:|
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    No..but it looks like someone is on day 2 of a 4 day payote bender.....that my friends is a life changing experience.. :lol::lol:
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • I could think of 1000 other ways to change my life aside from giving money to a charity.......
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    81 wrote:
    Now you're scaring me! :?
  • Get your hands out of my pockets.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Get your hands out of my pockets.

That's what she said.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    81 wrote:
    :thumbup:

Thanks to the OP for the worthwhile message (FYI, lack of using the "return" key didn't take away from it).

I think the "change your life" is a by-product of trying to change someone else's for the better.

I'm a proponent of Playing for Change and would recommend Wounded Warriors as well.

Here's a great website to check out others:
    http://www.charitynavigator.org/
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

:lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Nice post. It does feel good to help others.

Some of you with your sarcastic responses to this post might find that out if you gave it a try. :o

I regularly help others, I donate blood five times a year.

I also donate to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, but that is a charity close to my heart. My niece and nephew both have CF.

Regardless, it feels good to give.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    YESSSSS!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :o

300px-Scream_crosathorian.jpg

LET'S GO MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!! TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!

DO IT!!!!!
    DO ITTTTT!

:o:o:o :x :x :x :x :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:
    chinese-happy.jpg