Just got my Wrigley Pre-sale Code Email

lawguylawguy Posts: 257
edited February 2013 in The Porch
Here is what the email said:

The Chicago Cubs would like to offer you the pre-sale opportunity to purchase tickets to An Evening with Pearl Jam! The legendary band will be performing at Wrigley Field, Friday, July 19, 2013. The show will not feature an opening act, so come see Eddie, Stone, Jeff, Mike and Matt play into the summer night! Ticket prices for the show range from $52 - $77 which includes a $2 contribution to Vitalogy.

Your pre-sale begins Wednesday, February 6, at 10:00 a.m. CST and ends Friday, February 8, at 10 p.m. CST.

Using your unique password below, click the purchase link during your pre-sale period to purchase your tickets!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lawguy wrote:
    Here is what the email said:

The Chicago Cubs would like to offer you the pre-sale opportunity to purchase tickets to An Evening with Pearl Jam! The legendary band will be performing at Wrigley Field, Friday, July 19, 2013. The show will not feature an opening act, so come see Eddie, Stone, Jeff, Mike and Matt play into the summer night! Ticket prices for the show range from $52 - $77 which includes a $2 contribution to Vitalogy.

Your pre-sale begins Wednesday, February 6, at 10:00 a.m. CST and ends Friday, February 8, at 10 p.m. CST.

Using your unique password below, click the purchase link during your pre-sale period to purchase your tickets!

+1
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,140
    Watch your PM inbox explode! :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • lawguylawguy Posts: 257
    I was surprised I even got the email. I wasnt expecting it because I thought I signed up to the newsletter too late (after the announcement of the presale).

However, as of now, I plan to use the code in the wrigley presale.
  • adamtheredadamthered Posts: 87
    edited February 2013
    My friend in Chicago sent me her's since she doesn't plan on going. Hopefully this works. I don't see anything in the fine print that says it won't and there's even a link to "forward to a friend."
    Kansas City 98
    Alpine Valley 00
    Chicago 00
    St. Paul 03
    St. Louis 04
    Winnipeg 05
    St. Paul 06 1 & 2
    PJ20 1 & 2
    lawguy wrote:
    I was surprised I even got the email. I wasnt expecting it because I thought I signed up to the newsletter too laste (after the announcement of the presale).

However, as of now, I plan to use the ticxkets in wrigley presale.

Enjoy the show! 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    the code already at ebay...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

:fp:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    adamthered wrote:
    My friend in Chicago sent me her's since she doesn't plan on going. Hopefully this works. I don't see anything in the fine print that says it won't and there's even a link to "forward to a friend."

"Forward to a friend" is a standard link on all e-mails from the Cubs. Not specific to to the ticket pre-sale code.
  • cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    Do you have to have a Chicago address to buy tickets with it?
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
    cmm6734 wrote:

From what I have heard from the Cubs, they will be matching pre-sale code purchases with the season ticketholder account information or from the address from the resident mailing list. They will cancel orders that do not match.

If I remember correctly, there were a lot of issues with the Dave Mathews pre-sale a couple years ago and a lot of people complained so the Cubs started cracking down on people.
  • zluck11zluck11 DFW, Texas Posts: 110
    WHY DID I NOT GET THIS EMAIL???

Well, at least I lucked out on the tenclub seats for Wrigley. Really bumming about Canada though...

:cry:
    I've been to some shows...
  • Its real easy to get around. Just register a gift card to the address close to the venue and use the gift card to purchase the tickets.
    Gorge
  • PJ-Cubs wrote:
    cmm6734 wrote:

From what I have heard from the Cubs, they will be matching pre-sale code purchases with the season ticketholder account information or from the address from the resident mailing list. They will cancel orders that do not match.

If I remember correctly, there were a lot of issues with the Dave Mathews pre-sale a couple years ago and a lot of people complained so the Cubs started cracking down on people.
    they didnt do that for the springsteen shows.
    ewokpelts wrote:
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    cmm6734 wrote:

they didnt do that for the springsteen shows.

I had Wrigley tickets cancelled in the past for using a code that wasn't mine. Not sure about Springsteen tickets. Can only share my experiences
  • PJ-Cubs wrote:
    adamthered wrote:

"Forward to a friend" is a standard link on all e-mails from the Cubs. Not specific to to the ticket pre-sale code.

Good to know. I am getting their mailing info just to be on the safe side of things.
    Kansas City 98
    Alpine Valley 00
    Chicago 00
    St. Paul 03
    St. Louis 04
    Winnipeg 05
    St. Paul 06 1 & 2
    PJ20 1 & 2
  • I did some digging through their previous neighbor pre-sales and all the ones I could find except Bruce (and now PJ) had a generic code. Included in that search were Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Paul McCartney, DMB, Rascal Flatts, Elton John/Billy Joel, and the soccer game last year. The Police show in 2007 was done by a lottery. Couldn't find any info on the Roger Waters show, the Jimmy Buffet show, or the NU/UofI football game.

Bottom line, having a unique pre-sale code for an event at Wrigley is unique.
  • BronyBrony Posts: 628
    at least he is offering free shipping... :fp:
  • My brother is a Cubs season ticketholder. When he talked to the Cubs office the other day about the PJ presale they told him that giving the code to anyone else to use or selling of any tickets he buys using the code will result in him getting his season ticketholder status revoked. He's a die-hard Cubs fan and isn't willing to risk it. His Cubs season ticketholder status is the equivalent of what my TenClub membership is to me. I won't do anything that could remotely cause me to lose my 10C membership & he won't do anything that would cause him to lose his Cubs season tickets.

I'd hate to have a friend allow me to use his presale code only to find out that I caused him to lose his Cubs season tickets. Just sayin'...

- Uncle Snuffy
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • rustyrrustyr Posts: 138
    Well assuming the pricing of the tickets isn't exclusive to the Wrigley peeps, that's a pretty fair price/roughly what I expected. I think I paid about $90 with fees for the Philly show in 09.
    9/4/00, 7/1/03, 7/12/03, 5/30/06, 8/5/07, 10/28/09, 5/13/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13
  • My brother is a Cubs season ticketholder. When he talked to the Cubs office the other day about the PJ presale they told him that giving the code to anyone else to use or selling of any tickets he buys using the code will result in him getting his season ticketholder status revoked. He's a die-hard Cubs fan and isn't willing to risk it. His Cubs season ticketholder status is the equivalent of what my TenClub membership is to me. I won't do anything that could remotely cause me to lose my 10C membership & he won't do anything that would cause him to lose his Cubs season tickets.

I'd hate to have a friend allow me to use his presale code only to find out that I caused him to lose his Cubs season tickets. Just sayin'...

- Uncle Snuffy

Aren't the Wrigleyville mailing list and the Cubs' Season Ticket Holders list two different entities? My friend isn't a season ticket holder but is on the Wrigleyville mailing list.

I definitely do not want to get her in trouble, I know that much. Tickets aren't worth that.
    Kansas City 98
    Alpine Valley 00
    Chicago 00
    St. Paul 03
    St. Louis 04
    Winnipeg 05
    St. Paul 06 1 & 2
    PJ20 1 & 2
  • adamthered wrote:
    My brother is a Cubs season ticketholder. When he talked to the Cubs office the other day about the PJ presale they told him that giving the code to anyone else to use or selling of any tickets he buys using the code will result in him getting his season ticketholder status revoked. He's a die-hard Cubs fan and isn't willing to risk it. His Cubs season ticketholder status is the equivalent of what my TenClub membership is to me. I won't do anything that could remotely cause me to lose my 10C membership & he won't do anything that would cause him to lose his Cubs season tickets.

- Uncle Snuffy

Aren't the Wrigleyville mailing list and the Cubs' Season Ticket Holders list two different entities? My friend isn't a season ticket holder but is on the Wrigleyville mailing list.

Yes. But it sounds like anyone using a name/mailing/billing address that is not listed on the Wrigleyville mailing list could get their ticket order to initially go thorugh but then could get it canceled at a later date. I'd hate to think I had tickets and skip the public sale. And then at a later date I get my presale order canceled because I used someone else's presale code. That would be a real bummer....
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Hey is anyone on the site waiting for it to load?