Best NFL Game of All Time

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=199 ... FORM=VIRE1

1995 AFC Championship- Indy @ Pitt.

What a great game, what a finish. Maybe Captain Comeback can make up for it in two Sundays?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I dunno...the Bears/Packers Instant Replay game is on my list :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Mamasan23 wrote:

what game was that?
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    davidtrios wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

what game was that?

http://youtu.be/HscrMo8Tk6Y
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

what game was that?

http://youtu.be/HscrMo8Tk6Y

i was 5 :fp:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Funny that the celebration after the kickoff would be an easy 15 yard penalty today.

Mine is the giants/49ers NFC champ game in 92 I think.even though the 9ers lost.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Super Bowls XXI (1986), XXV (1990), XLII (2007), and XLVI (2011)
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:

and she was a bears fan.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I've always heard that the 1958 NFL Championship Game was considered the greatest game of all time. Granted, the first time I heard it was from an alien kid on The Adventures Of Pete And Pete, but over the years I've heard it many more times. I've never seen it though.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I am biased, but the 35-3 Comeback Game Bills vs Oilers in 1993 is the best.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    off the top of my head, niners in 89 vs. cincy in the SB was pretty darn good.

pats vs. rams was also solid, as were the pats/giants sb's.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Get_Right wrote:
    XXV (1990), XLII (2007), and XLVI (2011)

if you are coming up with a list, those 3 games deserve at least honorable mention
    81 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

and she was a bears fan.
    :shock: :lol:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Winner winner chicken dinner. I remember exactly where I was during that game. I was 13
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    81 wrote:
    off the top of my head, niners in 89 vs. cincy in the SB was pretty darn good.

pats vs. rams was also solid, as were the pats/giants sb's.

both niners/bengals sb's were amazing games. the only two football games i've ever cried after my team losing. :?
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    MayDay10 wrote:

Second that one.

I remember watching the game and my friends were getting a game of football together and asked me to play. I told them no the Bills were on. They said dude they are getting killed I said so I don't get to see the Bills play that much I will come when the game is done. None of them believed me that the Bills came back to win. I remember sitting there and after the second touchdown I didn't move thought it might break the scoring.

I have the DVD of this game and I watch it before the season starts every year.
    My butt itches!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    davidtrios wrote:
    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=1995+afc+chanpionship&mid=A6018A39D8802E974BBFA6018A39D8802E974BBF&view=detail&FORM=VIRE1

What a great great, what a finish. Maybe Jim can make up for it in two Sundays?
    I flipped my parent's sofa over after the refs waved the hail mary off. I was taping the game and took the VCR tape out and smashed it with a hammer and then set it on fire. (i handle losses much better now) :)

Also, the Kordell Stewart TD catch should not have counted because he ran out of bounds in the back of the endzone and then re-entered to catch the ball ... and the ref was LOOKING AT HIS FEET IN THE REPLAY!

A few years back the replay came on the TV and I screamed "mothereffing Aaron Bailey! All you had to do was catch the effing ball!!!"
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    davidtrios wrote:
    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=1995+afc+chanpionship&mid=A6018A39D8802E974BBFA6018A39D8802E974BBF&view=detail&FORM=VIRE1

What a great great, what a finish. Maybe Jim can make up for it in two Sundays?

That was the day I became a Colts fan, so it's one of my favorites.

I think the nod for me has to go to the Giants/Pats first SB matchup. I had a strong hunch that the Giants were gonna pull it out leading up to the game, but I kept telling myself "Those cocksuckers are gonna go 19-0". When Tyree caught that ball against his helmet I about jumped through the ceiling.

The Pats/Rams SB was good, but mostly b/c it sealed my belief that the Pats should be stripped of their titles from the Spygate era. No way that game is close if the Pats don't have the Rams' 3rd down plays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1958_NFL_Championship_Game
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    not sure about the best but this is the worst game i ever saw:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281116004

our qb threw it 58 times (with 3 picks) in a 13-13 tie despite westbrook having success on the ground...with only 14 carries.

the most disgusting football game you will ever see. i would love to have it vanished from my memory.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    the fog bowl.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DURP wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Second that one.

I remember watching the game and my friends were getting a game of football together and asked me to play. I told them no the Bills were on. They said dude they are getting killed I said so I don't get to see the Bills play that much I will come when the game is done. None of them believed me that the Bills came back to win. I remember sitting there and after the second touchdown I didn't move thought it might break the scoring.

I have the DVD of this game and I watch it before the season starts every year.

the eagles came back from a 17-7 deficit later that day to beat the saints.....yeah, i guess it's not quite the same. :lol: ....still a great day for football all around though. remember it like it was yesterday.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    81 wrote:
    the fog bowl.

definitely the most surreal football game every. fucking keith jackson... :x

Cunningham_Randall_Eagles_FogBowl.jpg
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I would put the Giants / Pats 1st SB game at the top just for the fact that baby brother Eli somehow slayed the mighty Patriots and prevented them for going down as the greatest team in the history of the NFL (thank god).

My favorite of course is the 2006 AFC championship game.
    81 wrote:
    the fog bowl.

Why didn't they delay that game? Seems silly to continue. I didn't see it, but supposedly visibility was limited to 15-20 yards and the players couldn't even see the sidelines. That would also mean nobody in Soldier Field could see the game, and I doubt the broadcast was very good.
    LloydXmas wrote:
    81 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

and she was a bears fan.
    :shock: :lol:

fraud!! :lol:
    Dolphins @ Jets MNF 2000. This was a fantastic comeback with two 5-1 rivals going at it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wmf4ew9-Io
    81 wrote:
    the fog bowl.

Why didn't they delay that game? Seems silly to continue. I didn't see it, but supposedly visibility was limited to 15-20 yards and the players couldn't even see the sidelines. That would also mean nobody in Soldier Field could see the game, and I doubt the broadcast was very good.

the weird thing was it was a bright sunny day in the first half. keith jackson missed a wide open catch in the endzone....BEFORE the fog rolled in.

i think vern lundquist and terry bradshaw called the game. they had no idea what was going on. randall cunningham somehow had an amazing day. the eagles just couldn't locate the endzone (because it was foggy :lol: )
    chinese-happy.jpg
    randall cunningham somehow had an amazing day. the eagles just couldn't locate the endzone (because it was foggy :lol: )

Maybe they were just spooked because they had watched "The Fog" in their hotel room the night before. It's hard to play a game against the Bears and keep an eye out for leper pirate ghosts at the same time.

Fog_zpsf001bd9f.png
  • Gray Cup of 1989 was by far the best football game I have ever watched. I know for you Yanks it is not an NFL game but it was solid from the kick off to the end.

As for NFL games: Watching Barry Sanders in Detroit against the Redskins and Vikings was magical. Redskin game in overtime, a sweet delayed draw play from about the Det 45 straight up the middle and by the time the Skins knew what was going down, Barry was 10 yards from the endzone and then in.
    A sweep to the right from Sanders from about the Det 33 and the Vikes finally catch him about the 8 and Sanders fumbles the ball and the Vikes take over. Three plays later they're punting and Det gets the ball back. The whole time the place was rocking with the chant of "BARRY!". Det sets up from about the same 33 yard line and hand off to Sanders with the exact same play and down the sidelines the man goes and this time nobody touches the guy. IF YOU NEVER SAW BARRY PLAY LIVE, YOU MISSED A WHOLE LOT OF GAME!

As for full games, I'd have to go with and agree with some that the Bills comeback against the Oilers was priceless.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08