What do you miss most?

AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Synergy, friends, FURY, C, a TOUR
"You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tallman72tallman72 Posts: 353
    My Dad ,
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    tallman72 wrote:
    My Dad ,

ditto
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Synergy, friends, FURY, C.....
    could use some good advice and friendships these days like I had then...

seeing oldtimers like you back on the board. :wave:

Hope you're ok, you sound a little down.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    tallman72 wrote:
    My Dad ,

ditto

My answer as well.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tallman72 wrote:
    My Dad ,
    me too
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    myself
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    some sweet Good mornings....some sweet Nighty nights.....and some dreams got lost in the way...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I miss new PJ music, most especially Ed's lyrics. They are food for my soul.
    Patiently waiting I am.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Summer - f the winter
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    tallman72 wrote:
    My Dad ,
    me too
    me three

I can't believe it'll be 25 years this year that he his gone :(
  • tallman72tallman72 Posts: 353
    tallman72 wrote:
    My Dad ,
    me too
    me three

I can't believe it'll be 25 years this year that he his gone :(

25 years hell im only at 9 this year , time is just flying by
  • rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    there's more brothers & sisters on here than I thought
  • tallman72 wrote:
    My Dad ,
    Almost 20 years
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    My Mom, friends who have died, my health, my original '65 Fender DeLuxe Reverb amp, too many great musicians that have moved on too soon, analog radio, affordable vinyl, clean air and a whole string of cats, dogs, and my toad, Toady.

Just the thread I need for the depressed mood I'm in. :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Synergy, friends, FURY, C.....
    could use some good advice and friendships these days like I had then...

seeing oldtimers like you back on the board. :wave:

Hope you're ok, you sound a little down.

Hahahaaa! Hey there! I'm good, just reminiscing old times on the board and the days that I had more time to be on, I miss it...

How are YOU?!

To EVERYONE that said..."my Dad"..... share a story about your Father with us?

Dimi
    ???

Pandora
    Patiently…ME TOO!

pjhawks
    I miss the summertime too....cold weather isn't for me!

brianlux
    Sorry man, didn’t mean for this to be depressing…

Tonight... I miss my "womancave" ;) be glad when the family room is finished so I can relax in "my" room again.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."

Dimi
    ???

and more than that..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

To EVERYONE that said..."my Dad"..... share a story about your Father with us?

Will be 3 years later this month and I am so thankful for what an awesome guy he was and how tight we were for the last 20 years or so of our time together.
    So many stories - but what I think about this morning is that I woke up at 3:30 with something on my mind. I could not shake it and ended up rolling out of the rack at 4:00 to start working on resolving the issue that was occupying my sleep time.

Reading your post made me instantly think of the last words spoken to me by my father - it was by phone from across the country and he disagreed with a position I took on a totally insignificant thing we were discussing....and he ultimately acquiesced. He closed our conversation with 'You are xxxx xxxxxxx and you are the son I raised to know what is right...and you are right. You are xxxxx and you always seem to figure out the right thing to do.'
    We ended the calls with the normal 'I love yous' that end a call between a dying father and his son but it is days like today where I feel like I really know the right thing to do after giving it lots of thought.
    Today, it was the right thing to do to get out of bed and solve the issue (however small overall) that was keeping me awake. It is done and I believe it was the right thing to do and that I will sleep fine tonight.

Those parting words by my dad seem to always make me feel like it is the right choice. (And it is worth mentioning that, as everyone does, I am frequently tempted to make a clearly wrong decision and these words tend to nudge me back in the right direction so that they became a guiding directive that makes me a better man as well as a great compliment.)

Sorry, got me rambling there but your question sort of 'fit' my morning.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    my youth
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    LOTL, making a scene at the bar, cleveland '10
    Maxer
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    F Me - That brought tears to my eyes, it’s nice that your father’s last words still guide you in life today, isn’t that what fathers are for? I’d say he did his job nicely.

Aye, I’m doing well. Again, it’s nice to see you here.

Pandora – you’re not kidding, PJ get your act together and put out some new music, don’t you know how much and how many people DEPEND on that for their sanity?? Seriously. :x
    F Me - That brought tears to my eyes, it’s nice that your father’s last words still guide you in life today, isn’t that what fathers are for? I’d say he did his job nicely.

Thanks, I am at peace with his absence but it is the good fortune to have had such a great role model that makes me feel so lucky and hopeful that others have/had/get to have the same experience. (Reading the news these days makes me wonder...)
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    my husband
    and yes
    a tour through the southeast
    would be nice
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I would say I miss both my parents. My dad died almost 18 years ago and my mom died almost 3 years ago.

I think about them alot. its was a great love story. They met in Portugal but then my dad left with the army but they kept writing each other and when the army thing was done they got married and moved to Canada.

I can't imagine a better couple (without insulting anyone else here) the saddest part is that my mom died on my dad birthday but in a strange way i just think that it was quite romantic and keep thing that if there is another place people go to after they died my dad got the best birthday present.
    Bump for the stories and memories.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thanks, I am at peace with his absence but it is the good fortune to have had such a great role model that makes me feel so lucky and hopeful that others have/had/get to have the same experience. (Reading the news these days makes me wonder...)
    Same boat as you on both counts. Losing my dad as a blessing in my everyday life lessens that blessing not at all...he and his guidance are always with me (as was, I think, his goal for my sister and me).

I guess I miss the intangibles, the things tied to the senses, and to memories. Times I wish I'd appreciated more, when living them. But then I was young and dumb ;)

Certain scents, the ones that my nose gets a glimpse of and nostalgia hits big time. Wood burning, summer evenings in the city, the fur of our childhood dog, styrofoam burning (don't ask!).

It's bittersweet; more sweet than bitter, actually. (reminds me of Floyd - "breathe, breathe in the air - don't be afraid to care". I wish I hadn't been, then.)

Anyway - hello, Aye!

Nice thread here.
    Hey there hedonist!
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    My dad... Gone 30 years...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732

:cry:

i feel lucky to still have mine, i got to watch football with him on sunday.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    davidtrios wrote:

:cry:

i feel lucky to still have mine, i got to watch football with him on sunday.
    You should and that's awesome :mrgreen:
    Got my sons for football watching... circle of life
    GoiMTvP.gif