If you could go back in time....

whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Would you change anything in your life, or leave it as is?
For me, I think about this alot, and it always comes
back to I'd like to have had a better Biological mother;
And then comes the reminder, I do have a good, no GREAT
mother, my Step-mother. So in the end, I end up deciding
To leave my life as is, after all, what hasn't killed me had
made me stronger. And it has made me who I am today.
Soooo, how about you?
(If there's already a thread of this nature, sorry for the
repeat, I couldn't find one).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    12th August 1992

29th March 2004

3rd September 2011

3 days i would like to change alot of what i actually did all of those 3 days....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    What'd you DO!!? :lol:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    What'd you DO!!? :lol:
    i didnt try harder..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Awww, there's always another chance. Go big, no
    Regrets my friend!
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Wow..... So many things, a lot of those things,I have come to realise, were not changeable. I guess, without getting too personal, I would have maybe stuck up for myself more and followed my gut.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Oh! And I wish I had not been so nervous and had just taken the opportunity to say hi to more folks at PJ20.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I would not have started smoking at 15
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    There might be singular moments that I would not have done if I'd known
    As with disciplining my children etc.

Other than that I would not change a thing, for good or for bad
    Because everything that we've done and everything that's been done to us and every experience that we've had...has taught us something...either how to or how NOT to live, right?
    Each and every moment has brought us to where we are right now
    And hopefully that's a good place
    If you haven't gotten there yet, it just means that you get to enjoy more enlightening experiences until you do

Sometimes the things that we wish hadn't happened to us, or that we wish we would not have done,
    might just be that one thing that was the cause of something much bigger, and much more important, even if we didn't know it
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    You kidding me? I'd be like Lou in "Hot Tub Time Machine", but I wouldn't let it get out of hand like Biff in "Back To The Future II". When you're playing around with the space time continuum, you need to do it in moderation.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    I'd only change some of my biggest sins. I know what they are. At least now, I can stop repeating them. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing. I love my life and I can consider myself very fortunate. Thank God for that! :D After all, the way I live is what makes me feel fulfilled. I believe that everything happens for a reason. And also, I believe that every single train I take is the right one because when you do what you believe in you know it's worth doing.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    February 2008. Should have heeded to potentially warning signs but was too optimistic.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Seen a psychologist sooner for my problems.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • USARAYUSARAY Posts: 517
    id spend moretime with my granddad
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    there were two horrible, horrible men in my life
    that i would surely avoid
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Life is good. I would only make myself attend more Pearl Jam show's when I was younger.
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    There's not a lot of things I would change... most of the ones I would circle around particularly stupid, one-off embarrassments that I'd like to erase my memory of... not a lot in the grand scheme of things... I can think of a 1/2 dozen stupid things I did when I was young that were completely dumb in the grand scheme of things... like thinking the best way to figure out if a girl that spent hours flirting with me liked me by going straight in for a kiss... :fp:

on the big items... naw, nothing I would change. The heartache's and heartbreaks were all completely necessary training that turned me into who I am today...

Might have stopped myself from going to engineering school though... Master Brewer would have been a much better career choice... but there's still time for that one I think. :D
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    This.. Exactly... Heart Attacks at 45/46 are not fun..
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I would make my dad go to the doctor to get checked out so that when they found his cancer it would not have been stage 4 and he most likely could have had years more of time with my mom and the rest of us.

I also like the Hot Tub Time Machine/BTTF Part II call outs. Or in the movie, Frequency, where he tells his buddy about Yahoo years in advance.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769

Definitely one of my biggest regrets
    I never started smoking TIL I was 24, but I am doing my damnedest
    to quit now!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Oh boy, a whole bunch of things! One of my biggest regrets though? About 10 years ago, I had plans with 2 different guys on Valentine's Day (yeah I know, total bitch move). I went out with one and made up an excuse to the other. I made the wrong choice :fp: Probably my karma for getting into that situation in the first place! To this day I think about how different my life would be if I had gone out with the other guy.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Nah what i have now is what i was meant to have ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    would have done drugs 4 years sooner
    would have done drugs 4 years sooner
    Lol!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Are we allowed to change events that have happened in the past to other people ? if yes then i would
    1-Make sure John Lennon didn't get shot
    2-Make sure Newtown never happened
    3- make sure Hitler never exsisted .
    4- prevented Rokskilde from happening ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Are we allowed to change events that have happened in the past to other people ? if yes then i would
    Ahhh, I LIKE this list! ButIwould add:
    Columbine
    Aurora
    And the Rodney King Riots
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    if i had to do anything, it would be to put more thought into a career path at the end of high school. would go to school to be a vet
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Columbine
    Aurora

should you focus on something bigger.....like maybe....WW1 or slavery or something.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i'd only change a couple of little things... overall, i don't have any major complaints. all things considered, life has been pretty good to me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Columbine
    Aurora

should you focus on something bigger.....like maybe....WW1 or slavery or something.
    Good point!