no opening act for Soundgarden

pilatesdogpilatesdog Posts: 55
edited June 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
To my surprise when I walked in Constitution Hall last night Soungarden was on stage. The doors opened at 730 and they went on at 800. They played for 2hrs and 40 minutes and they were incredible but i missed the first 4 songs. I had no idea there was not an opening act. Matt was classing up the joint, as usual. i am not sure if the entire tour is like that but if your going get to your spot 30 minutes after doors open. Peace.
A truant finds home and a wish to hold on but theres a trapdoor in the sun Over 20 shows attended, remember at least half
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BG182387BG182387 Chicago Posts: 36
    Thanks for the heads up. Going to the Chicago show in a couple weeks.
  • Incredible show. They played tunes from "Loud Love" which was awesome. I always like looking around the venue and watching the difference in the crowd when they play "Loud Love" compared to "Black Hole Sun". Brings back great memories from the 90's minus the moshing. Enjoy. Are they playing a small venue in Chicago? Constitution Hall was 3000 seats, loved every minute of it.
    A truant finds home and a wish to hold on but theres a trapdoor in the sun Over 20 shows attended, remember at least half
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    on my way to see them tonight, was wondering about opening act, thanks!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    Thanks for posting. Going Tuesday!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I'll be prepared for that...was kind of expecting Mudhoney was gonna open.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I kind of wish Pearl Jam would do the same thing. They play long enough to make it an evening with situation and could even split it into two sets a la Rush, give Eddie a break and give people a piss break besides even flow.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Thanks for the head's up. Seeing them tonight!
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14
  • They played TWO hours and 40 minutes !?!

Holy fuck. They are beefing up there sets big time.
    I saw them twice in a row (Philly and Borgata) in 2011 or 2012 (?) and it was definitely a good bit shorter than all that.

The Carolinas really got fucked out of Soundgarden. Rained out at Rebellion Fest in Charlotte, no other date in the area. :(

MAKE UP DATE, PLEASE?
    :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    The Atlanta shows were like that. No opener.