******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Eagles will bring Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley in for a second interview regarding their head-coaching vacancy on Tuesday.
    FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reported early on Monday morning that the Eagles really liked Bradley, and the team was planning to have him back for a follow-up interview this week. Bradley is widely regarded as the favorite to replace Andy Reid in Philadelphia, and that could be settled as early as Tuesday.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    they interviewed wisenhunt today.

maybe they hire gus for hc and bring in lovie and wisenhunt as the coordinators if they don't land jobs. ;)

finally you say something that makes sense to me. I would take gladly take Bradley with Whisenhunt and Lovie as the coorinators. I could get behind that.

I actually always like Whisenhunt. Would be a hard to sell firing a guy for lack of success over the past few years then hiring a guy as head coach who has been even less successful in the past 3 years though. But if Whisenhunt was hired as head coach i wouldn't completely hate it (like a billick hire would).

i see 2 scenarios. Eagles either hire coach and announce on wednesday...or wait until saturday afternoon and announce it right as the Flyers season starts just to be like they are.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    lurie is sending his private plane to bring gus into town tomorrow. got a good feeling about this...

:clap::clap:

...would be cool to have a coach named "Gus" too. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:
    they interviewed wisenhunt today.

maybe they hire gus for hc and bring in lovie and wisenhunt as the coordinators if they don't land jobs. ;)

finally you say something that makes sense to me. I would take gladly take Bradley with Whisenhunt and Lovie as the coorinators. I could get behind that.

wisenhunt's steelers offenses in pittsburgh always had one of the league's best rushing attacks. :lol:

but then in az with warner, fitz, and bolden they aired it out. gotta like how he adapts to his personnel and isn't always trying to fit a square into a round hole like many would accuse the previous regime here of in recent years. unfortunately for you florio mentioned billick's name as oc too.

either way, birds would be smart to bring in some seasoned coordinators to ease gus' transition to hc...if indeed the reports are true.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Here comes Gus. Report is that they are trying to finalize a deal.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    the GUS profile:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013 ... ith-eagles

Next up is Gus Bradley, defensive coordinator, Seattle Seahawks.
    Resume
    1990–1991 North Dakota State (Grad assistant)
    1992–1995 Fort Lewis College (defensive coordinator)
    1996–2005 North Dakota State (defensive coordinator, asst HC)
    2006–2008 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (LB coach)
    2009–present Seattle Seahawks (defensive coordinator)
    Why he could work
    He cut his teeth under defensive legend Monte Kiffin in Tampa Bay and was hired by Jim Mora Jr. to be the defensive coordinator of the Seahawks in 2009. His hire came after a glowing recommendation from Kiffin.
    "Monte says, 'J.L., listen to me. I have got a guy here in Tampa that is one of, if not, the finest football coaches I have ever worked with. He's an A-plus. He's a once-in-a-lifetime coach. You need to talk to him,' " Mora recalled.
    "He said, 'J.L., this guy is special. You have to bring him in. You have to talk to him.'
    So far, it looks like Kiffin was right. His first season in Seattle wasn't great and Mora was actually fired afterward, but Pete Carroll decided to keep Bradley on as defensive coordinator. Since then, Bradley has steadily built his unit into arguably the best defense in the NFL.

2010 - 368.6 yards (27th in the league), 25.4 points per game (25th).
    2011 - 332.2 yards (9th in the league), 19.7 points per game (7th).
    2012 - 306.2 yards (4th in the league), 15.3 points per game (1st).
    They had 34 takeaways compared to 17 from the Eagles this season.
    Why he may not be the guy
    As with all coordinators, he doesn't have experience as a head coach so it's really impossible to know whether he can handle that responsibility until you give it to him. Of course, this also what interviews are for.
    Interestingly, he did serve as an interim head coach for 4 months when he was with Fort Lewis college.
    Also, similar to our concerns with Greg Roman, Bradley is a defensive coordinator under a defense minded head coach. In that situation, you always have to wonder how much of their unit is designed by them and how much should be credited to the head coach?
    Finally, this may not be a mark against, but it bears consideration. Bradley's defense is a base 4-3, but incorporates elements of a 3-4. It's built on speedy LBs paired with big guys up front and in the secondary. It could very well take some time for him to adapt the Eagles current personnel to this system and to find new players to fit in.
    Final thoughts
    A guy being underneath a head coach that knows his side of the ball isn't automatically a mark against him. In fact, it means he's learned even more from a good defensive mind. Between Pete Carroll and Monte Kiffin, Bradley has had some pretty good mentors on that side of the ball. Also, there's no indication that Bradley is not the guy working on the defensive gameplan and making the calls on game day.
    Xs & Os aside, the #1 thing you look for in a coach is to be a leader, which is the quality that Bradley's players point out about him.

"You've never seen him have a bad day," cornerback Richard Sherman said. "He's been sick, no voice, hoarse, and he comes in with the most energy. And you're like, 'There's nothing that can bring this guy's energy down.' And he's never down. No matter the score, he makes his guys show up, presses his guys to be the best, and that's what makes Gus Bradley a great head coaching candidate."
    The Eagles will meet with Bradley this week.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    reid is taking dave toub to kc to coach special teams....god damn it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    reid is taking dave toub to kc to coach special teams....god damn it.
    and Reid is going to be calling the plays. I guess Marty isn't good enough for the Chiefs.

The Eagles better not let Gus leave town without a deal.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Gus currently in the air over Wisconsin headed to the NE airport.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I want to take a break from all social media and tv until this search is over. I can't stand all these idiot fans and reporters that think they know what's going on behind closed doors. Coaches that get endorsements from other coaches or anyone else could have hidden agendas, same agent, friend, etc... and vice versa.

so true. the reporters are just throwing names against a wall, hoping one sticks.

I don't care who they hire. the foundation of this franchise is broken with reid gone. does anyone have confidence in roseman making player and personnel decisions? I don't see how you can

this is what the fans wanted. it's gonna end badly

I will say that it's mind boggling that they haven't brought in bevell and/or roman. I know that now roman is inevitably going to jax to work for his college roommate, but if they got in front of him during the bye week they might have been able to bring him on board (before caldwell got hired) If the playoff games have shown anything, it's that you need to score points to win in this league. Hiring a defensive coach is dumb
    that's a weird way of looking at it. 3 of the 4 remaining teams are coached by guys who were previously defensive assistants.

if the eagles hire gus bradley its not like he's going to be calling the offensive plays. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I want to take a break from all social media and tv until this search is over. I can't stand all these idiot fans and reporters that think they know what's going on behind closed doors. Coaches that get endorsements from other coaches or anyone else could have hidden agendas, same agent, friend, etc... and vice versa.

so true. the reporters are just throwing names against a wall, hoping one sticks.

I don't care who they hire. the foundation of this franchise is broken with reid gone. does anyone have confidence in roseman making player and personnel decisions? I don't see how you can

this is what the fans wanted. it's gonna end badly

I will say that it's mind boggling that they haven't brought in bevell and/or roman. I know that now roman is inevitably going to jax to work for his college roommate, but if they got in front of him during the bye week they might have been able to bring him on board (before caldwell got hired) If the playoff games have shown anything, it's that you need to score points to win in this league. Hiring a defensive coach is dumb

Belichek is a D coach. An offensive coach needs to find a DC and vice versa. I don't think it matters. Reid broke this team when he changed his philosophy. There were too many free agents the last few years.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    EaGus has left the building
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    EaGus has left the building

i wonder what's next. there are no other interviews that we know of. but they could always have a guy flying way under the radar.

only 3 spots left though--cards, birds, jags.

maybe meeting with the jags is just a way for gus to garner some leverage with lurie?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    97.5 is reporting Chip Kelly is back in the mix. I'd love to know the source.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    97.5 is reporting Chip Kelly is back in the mix. I'd love to know the source.

i'm not buying that.

mcmanus is saying its gus vs whisenhunt:

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/01 ... o-the-mix/

who knows?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Mortensen just tweeted that Chip Kelly is your new coach. Crazy.
    Boom!! Don't mind if i do.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Would this have been for any coach or is this about the guy in the Giants thread that said the Giants are better than the remaining 4 teams?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    pretty shitty of chip to say he's staying, only to reverse course a week later
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I wonder when the sanctions will be handed down on Oregon?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I wonder when the sanctions will be handed down on Oregon?

:lol:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Would this have been for any coach or is this about the guy in the Giants thread that said the Giants are better than the remaining 4 teams?

Nah, this is just for Chip Kelly and the gimmicky bullshit he will br bringing along with him ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Two thoughts ...

I wonder if he will get an ecentric hat like Saben had at Miami?

And will he inform his players or just leave them a memo in their lockers when he jets off to USC next year?
    Chip Chip Chipadelphia. :lol::lol::lol: Sweet Dee tweeted that.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Get used to it...

0.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    :| we'll see how it goes. just hoping for better.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Nah, this is just for Chip Kelly and the gimmicky bullshit he will br bringing along with him ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Belichick met with him to ask about his gimmicks. Gimmicks will get more production than what we've been getting. :lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Get used to it...

0.jpg
    :lol: How will it be any different than before?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer