Rand Pauls Son Arrested...

BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
edited January 2013 in A Moving Train
Damn federal government can't they just let our teenagers drink and leave them alone!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/rand-pauls-son-arrested-003334784.html

:nono:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    stupid. 19? who cares, if he wasn't causing a disturbance.
    And what's with the bail system down there? $750 to get out of the pisstank? :shock: All it took was my parents to show up, or for me to sober up, back in the day ;)
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Well, it's not like the TSA would let him off with a warning. That family is TSA enemy #1, rightfully so.
  • unsung wrote:
    Well, it's not like the TSA would let him off with a warning. That family is TSA enemy #1, rightfully so.

I'm not sure anyone has ever been arrested with a drunk and disorderly on an airplane post-911 and been let off with a warning.

I know the Paul family love to think they're above the law and Rand himself threw a huge tantrum when he was "detained" for a whopping 48 seconds at an airport security check once.

But sorry... drunk and causing a problem on an airplane is a very serious offense in America now. And you'd think that the son of a bat shit crazy, paranoid lunatic, nut burger would know that.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The deification of the Paul family creeps the hell out of me.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    kids... gotta love them
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i thought he had the freedom to be a drunken buffoon without interference from the federal government?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Yeah, you never drank before 21. Moving on...

on edit: It appears he was served on a flight. We should ban alcohol on planes. I hate it when a straw buyer gives inanimate objects to people that can't have them.
    Wouldn't this moron have had to have been causing a disturbance in some way for someone to realize he was drunk? If he walks off the plane and gets in a cab then no one is the wiser.

JimmyV wrote:
    Wouldn't this moron have had to have been causing a disturbance in some way for someone to realize he was drunk? If he walks off the plane and gets in a cab then no one is the wiser.
    the articles i read last night said he was causing a disturbance.

i remember my first beer....

my mom was on the school board and that was enough to keep me out of trouble. this kid's dad is a senator. poor parenting...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• JimmyV wrote:
    the articles i read last night said he was causing a disturbance.

i remember my first beer....

my mom was on the school board and that was enough to keep me out of trouble. this kid's dad is a senator. poor parenting...

Based on this one case, I wouldn't go that far at all... even the best parents have kids who screw up.

He's 19, I made some horrendous decisions at that age, luckily I never got caught doing anything, and if I did, it would never make it past the police blotter in the local paper.

He grew up in a family with money and influence, chances are he's a spoiled kid with a sense of entitlement, but maybe he's just be an idiot teenager like most of us were at one point.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

He grew up in a family with money and influence, chances are he's a spoiled kid with a sense of entitlement, but maybe he's just be an idiot teenager like most of us were at one point.

I'm sure it is probably some combination of the above.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    unsung wrote:

on edit: It appears he was served on a flight. We should ban alcohol on planes. I hate it when a straw buyer gives inanimate objects to people that can't have them.

Hmmmm sounds like more federal govt intervention :fp:
    unsung wrote:

Hmmmm sounds like more federal govt intervention :fp:

I'd leave it up to the airlines.
  • unsung wrote:

I grew up in Canada where the drinking age is 18. And it's legal for parents to give alcohol to their children.

However, I've never gotten arrested for being drunk and disorderly on a plane. Have you?

on edit: It appears he was served on a flight. We should ban alcohol on planes.

Wait... what? You're against gun control but you're against banning alcohol on planes because an airline stewart didn't check for ID before serving a minor?
  • poor parenting...

While I'm sure that Rand Paul would be a horrendous father who would raise a brat who thinks that he's above the law and complain loudly at every inconvenience, this guy is an adult and is responsible for his own actions.

Not totally sure you can blame mom and dad for this one.

Although I'm willing to blame them because it's Rand Paul and I can't stand him.
    unsung wrote:

I grew up in Canada where the drinking age is 18. And it's legal for parents to give alcohol to their children.

However, I've never gotten arrested for being drunk and disorderly on a plane. Have you?

on edit: It appears he was served on a flight. We should ban alcohol on planes.

Wait... what? You're against gun control but you're against banning alcohol on planes because an airline stewart didn't check for ID before serving a minor?

Just using a little sarcasm.
    poor parenting...

While I'm sure that Rand Paul would be a horrendous father who would raise a brat who thinks that he's above the law and complain loudly at every inconvenience, this guy is an adult and is responsible for his own actions.

Not totally sure you can blame mom and dad for this one.

Although I'm willing to blame them because it's Rand Paul and I can't stand him.
    who never ever gets any blame today when a kid fucks up? the parents. who are the first ones there to claim credit when the kid does something good? the parents.

this is poor parenting. rand paul should have told this kid, "look, i am a senator, i have presidential aspirations, and the last thing is need is a snot nose kid like you out there fucking up and making it that much more difficult for me. if you fuck up, so help me, you are out of my will.." :lol:

• who never ever gets any blame today when a kid fucks up? the parents. who are the first ones there to claim credit when the kid does something good? the parents.

True but again. He isn't a kid. He's 19. That makes him an adult and... responsible for himself

But yes... I say we cut off Rand Paul's nads to make sure he doesn't have any more kids.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    unsung wrote:
    tumblr_lzkdapaolW1r6jytk.gif
    fucking guns. ugh. you people are obsessed.

I retract my original post. I misread the story when I skimmed it. I thought he was drunk in an airport...yes, he'd still be guilty....but, stupid victimless crime...and imo, he's old enough to drink. If he was on a plane and being a drunken idiot, then he IS an idiot and deserved to be arrested...everyone knows that shit is taken seriously.
    If he was on a plane and being a drunken idiot, then he IS an idiot and deserved to be arrested...everyone knows that shit is taken seriously.

This is really the issue. You either have to pass out in public or be a complete jackass for anyone to know you are drunk.

Not being holier than thou because I was certainly drunk before age 21. But I never was drunk on a plane or in an airport, and I was never drunk enough in public to get my ass arrested. I pity whatever district the Paul cult tries to get this kid elected to Congress in ten years from now.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    If your country can force you to ship off to war at 18, the fuckers should allow you to buy a beer at 18.
    Jason P wrote:
    If your country can force you to ship off to war at 18, the fuckers should allow you to buy a beer at 18.

Agree 100%. You can go to war, you can vote, you can pay taxes...but you can't buy a beer?!?!

That said...public drunkenness is illegal at any age.

His "disturbance" may have been belching. Screw the TSA.
  • unsung wrote:
    His "disturbance" may have been belching. Screw the TSA.

yes. people get arrested for belching in first class.

The TSA is there to protect us.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing people whine about having to be screened like everyone else. I know it must suck to be a white, straight, Christian and be treated like the fags, darkies and towelheads when boarding a plane.

We got used to it. So will you.
  • Jason P wrote:

Um... we can't force people to ship off to war at 18. There hasn't been a draft since the 60s.
    my friend farted out loud in class during a test in 7th grade and got sent to the nurse and then the principal...

attica!!! attica!!!

We got completely loaded on a 5 1/2 flight a few years ago. Then we landed and nothing happened. Why? Because we did not make a scene on the plane or in the airport.

And yes...many of us did belch.

No they aren't. Not only are they a violation of the 4th Amendment but they also haven't stopped one terrorist attack. It's more big government, show your papers, lose your dignity.
  • unsung wrote:
    No they aren't. Not only are they a violation of the 4th Amendment but they also haven't stopped one terrorist attack. It's more big government, show your papers, lose your dignity.

1) yes, they are.

2) really? Not one? You know that there has never been a single box cutter, pen knife, knitting needle taken from someone who was planning on a hijacking? You've been to every single TSA check point. I see. it's statements like this that stink of that "sweeping 'THERE HAS NEVER BEEN.....'" bullshit conservatives use to back up their non-arguments.

3) Funny how you don't seem to have a problem with the Arizona "show your papers' law that targets people just hanging out in public spaces while being Latino.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    unsung wrote:

:? How is it possible to say they havent stopped one terrorist attack. What if it simply deterred someone from trying and you never heard about it?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)