Springsteen - MusiCares Person of the Year (EV to Perform)

given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
edited February 2013 in The Porch
Bruce Springsteen will be honored as MusiCares Person of the Year during Grammy week with a tribute event featuring performances by some of the biggest names in music, including Elton John, Mumford & Sons and Kenny Chesney.

The annual event -- now in its 23rd year -- celebrates a star's artistic accomplishments as well as their philanthropic work. Previous honorees include Bono, Tony Bennett, Aretha Franklin and last year's man of the hour, Paul McCartney.

The sold-out tribute event will take place Feb. 8 in Los Angeles -- two days before the Grammy Awards air on CBS -- and will be hosted by Jon Stewart.

Other announced performers include Alabama Shakes, Jackson Browne, Ben Harper, Emmylou Harris, Faith Hill, Jim James, Juanes, John Legend, Natalie Maines, Tim McGraw, Tom Morello, Patti Smith, Mavis Staples, Sting, Eddie Vedder and Neil Young.

Attendees will also include Neil Portnow, President/CEO of MusiCares and The Recording Academy; Scott Pascucci, MusiCares Foundation Board Chair; and Paul Caine, MusiCares Board Chair Emeritus. The night's musical director is Rob Mathes.

Proceeds go to MusiCares, which provides support to struggling musicians who are in financial, medical and personal need.
Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    I could be very wrong here, but wasn't Benny Hall a benefit for this organization?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    holy shit what a fucking lineup...

benny hall was for youthcare, a local seattle foundation for at-risk youth
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    eddie, neil, morello and jimmy james... holy shit.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    hope this is a pay-per-view!
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I hope so too. Would love to donate & watch this @ home.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Bathgate66 wrote:

pretty sure this is usually free... and can be purchased on dvd as well... the last two were paul mccartney and uncle neil
    my2hands wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

pretty sure this is usually free... and can be purchased on dvd as well... the last two were paul mccartney and uncle neil

great news.
    they should do a PPV for the charity, they could make a decent ammount of cash.
    i would DVR it if possibble until the dvd became available.
    platessmall.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I was thinking of surprising the wife with tickets, but they start at $1,500 each (it is truly a heavy-hitter event)...last year's dinner drew over 3,000 people.
  • BobbakBobbak Posts: 87
    I know what my PVR will be set to record!!
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 489
    I will be at this event. It won't be televised live and no PPV. They do generally release a DVD later on a year or two later and I believe that gets televised (Palladia has shown some of the recent ones).

McCartney was last year. That hasn't been released yet AFAIK. Streisand was the year before and that was just released for this past Christmas.
  • fapjfapj Posts: 32
    sounds like it will be a great show....maybe they'll even let EV do more than half a song this time!!!
    i'm still getting over the sandy relief show and the lack of ed's airtime.
    actually,i think ed should host the show and do 4-5 songs.... :D
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 489
    fapj wrote:
    sounds like it will be a great show....maybe they'll even let EV do more than half a song this time!!!
    i'm still getting over the sandy relief show and the lack of ed's airtime.
    actually,i think ed should host the show and do 4-5 songs.... :D

Each performer does one song, a cover of the person being honored. Then the honoree generally does a short set.

I was at the Sandy benefit and while I certainly was not there just to see Ed, it was surprising and disappointing he did not appear other than the one song.
    Bummer that they wont be televising this.
    I remember for James Taylor they replayed it on PBS.
    I hope that is the case this time, too.

enjoy the show for those attending.
    hail hail the lucky ones.
    platessmall.jpg
  • TexicoTexico Posts: 122
    Eddie didn't perform yesterday? I can't find anything about that.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    wow
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    Texico wrote:
    Eddie didn't perform yesterday? I can't find anything about that.

He must in Chicago getting everything ready for the Wrigley public onsale.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore