Options

Did any one else notice......

vedderfan02vedderfan02 Posts: 186
edited December 2012 in The Porch
That eddie had words written on his hand at the concert last night? Wonder if it was lyrics or just something obscure.
2003: Nashville, Lexington, St.Louis
2004: St. Louis
2006: Cincinnati
2008: Columbia, VA Beach
2009: Chicago x2, Atlanta (EV) x2
2010: St. Louis, Noblesville
2011: St.Louis (EV), Alpine Valley x2
2012: Pensacola, Atlanta, Memphis (EV)
2013: Chicago, OKC
2014: Memphis
2016: Lexington, chicago x2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    YUUP!! Covered a few times over the past day and somewhere in here:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=200714&start=30
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,224
    Yes. Probably lyrics or something else related to the song. My first thought was that it maybe a little protest tattoo with social meaning. You know like the "PRO-CHOICE" one.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    may be it was the shopping list for the xmas gifts for the day after...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,224
    may be it was the shopping list for the xmas gifts for the day after...

:lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    I noticed and it looked like it said "Out of.." When those lyrics come up in the song, he didn't look at his hand, so he must have remembered on his own :)
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Yeah, thankfully he remembered, but I understand him writing them down, you don't want to blow Comfortably Numb in front of 2 billion people.
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Ive been wondering about this. He's got a shitload of lyrics (usually) to remember...I think he might have cue cards at some live shows.

Though he didnt really look at them, I can see how having the lyrics there could be comforting (being on live tv and all). I used to write lyrical cues and leave them on the floor near the mic stand, and sometimes I didnt need them, other times I got nervous and had to look down for reference.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,231
    AzWicker wrote:
    Yeah, thankfully he remembered, but I understand him writing them down, you don't want to blow Comfortably Numb in front of 2 billion people.

Yeah, I figured either a lyrics reminder because you don't want to mess up the words in front of two billion people, or a note from his wife saying they were out of milk, would he pick up some on the way home. Far more likely to be the former than the latter. ;)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    AzWicker wrote:

Yeah, I figured either a lyrics reminder because you don't want to mess up the words in front of two billion people, or a note from his wife saying they were out of milk, would he pick up some on the way home. Far more likely to be the former than the latter. ;)

LOL!
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    That eddie had words written on his hand at the concert last night? Wonder if it was lyrics or just something obscure.

It looked like notes or thoughts to me. He seemed to have wrote it with pen, not a sharpie. So, I guess it was not too important. Some one get the guy a little notepad. He will still write on his hand. Maybe he is crazy.
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    Wine... Out Of Wine

A note to himself so he doesn't forget to get some more on the way back to his hotel.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    lephty wrote:
    Wine... Out Of Wine

A note to himself so he doesn't forget to get some more on the way back to his hotel.

Best answer! :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    was just his Statement to all the planet that he want to sing solo "Out of my mind"
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I think it was the lyrics. It seems to show that he wanted to make sure he sang it just right. I love that he still puts as much effort as he can into his job!
    It's admirable. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&