disgusting human being

ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
edited November 2012 in A Moving Train
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/0 ... 04184.html

everyone can be critical about the president but calling him or anyone the N word and wishing he would die is a disgrace.

News keeps getting worse for Denise Helms, the 22-year-old California woman whose racist, threatening Facebook status about President Barack Obama went viral this week. Helms has since been fired from her job at a Turlock, Calif., Cold Stone Creamery, and the Secret Service is now looking into her comments.

“Another 4 years of this (N-word),” Helms wrote on her Facebook Tuesday night. “Maybe he will get assassinated this term.”

Sacramento's Fox 40 news crew caught up with an unapologetic Helms on Wednesday.

"I didn't think it would be that big of a deal," she said. "The assassination part is kind of harsh. I'm not saying like I would go do that or anything like that, by any means, but if it was to happen, I don't think I'd care one bit."

She then took to Facebook to defend herself, according to The Modesto Bee.

So apparently my post last night about Obama got onto Twitter and Fox 40 came and interviewed me cause apparently a lot of people in Sacramento think I'm crazy and racist. WOW is all I got to say!! I'm not racist and I'm not crazy. just simply stating my opinion.!!!"

Her Facebook account has since been deactivated.

Helm's supervisor, Turlock Cold Stone Creamery store director Chris Kegle, told The Bee that he was shocked to read about his employee's comments, which he said do not line up with his company's values.

"We found her comments to be very disgusting," Kegle said. "We made the decision [to fire her] because of her comments, but also the community feedback. We are very into working with the community and doing community service. So when your community does not like you because of an employee, that's bad. We have a business to run."

Cold Stone's Twitter feed was besieged by angry tweets, and the company has worked hard to disassociate itself with Helms.

Cold Stone Creamery @ColdStone

@poojababyy This employee is no longer w/the company. Her comments are outrageous, completely unacceptable & in no way reflect our views.
8 Nov 12

Retweet
Favorite

Following the Fox 40 reports, Agent Scott Gillingham from the Sacramento Secret Service office said he would be checking out her posts.

The Washington, D.C., bureau of the Secret Service told Fox 40 that all threats, or perceived threats, are taken seriously and investigated. If the Secret Service were to decide her threat was legitimate, Helms could face a felony under U.S. Code Section 871, which states prohibits willfully and knowingly threatening "to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm " on the president, vice president or other office next in succession to the presidency.

In September, a North Carolina man was arrested for threatening to kill President Barack Obama in a series of Twitter messages, according to The Smoking Gun. Donte Jamar Sims, 21, was charged in a felony criminal complaint in U.S. District Court.

Helms' troubling comments about Obama's race were echoed on election night across the Twitterverse, as many people used social media to spread similar messages. In an effort to curb the trend, Jezebel tracked down many of the teenage miscreants and contacted their schools. Almost all have since taken down their Twitter accounts.
I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Preemptively stating that this is not a First Amendment issue, so let's not bring that argument into it.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    I watched the video of her making excuses for what she said. "Disgusting", I believe, is the correct word.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    brianlux wrote:
    I watched the video of her making excuses for what she said. "Disgusting", I believe, is the correct word.

I hate the 'I have friends who are hispanic and black so if I use the N word it's ok" syndrome. NO it's not.. she is a catch and a half.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • being upset about the election is one thing...but spewing hate is quite another. I didn't think anyone could trump Unhinged Sally...but apparently I was wrong.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    being upset about the election is one thing...but spewing hate is quite another. I didn't think anyone could trump Unhinged Sally...but apparently I was wrong.

this shows their are a lot of unhinged sally's around.. some closer then we think.

• Zoso wrote:
    being upset about the election is one thing...but spewing hate is quite another. I didn't think anyone could trump Unhinged Sally...but apparently I was wrong.

this shows their are a lot of unhinged sally's around.. some closer then we think.
    ummm...did you just call me "unhinged" ;):lol:

• You gotta wonder two things about people like this.

1) What have they been exposed to in their lives to say/think things like this? Their parents have to have similar views, no?

2) How stupid do you have to be to post something like this publicly?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    You gotta wonder two things about people like this.

1) What have they been exposed to in their lives to say/think things like this? Their parents have to have similar views, no?

1. Unless she has not internet this is hardly an excuse today.

2. Really stupid! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux wrote:

Maybe this will be a teachable moment for her? Maybe if she's surrounded by these kinds of views no one has ever really called her on them. Getting fired and the national response could plant a seed for her. I hope so anyway.

brianlux wrote:

Maybe this will be a teachable moment for her? Maybe if she's surrounded by these kinds of views no one has ever really called her on them. Getting fired and the national response could plant a seed for her. I hope so anyway.

from her reaction I don't see her changing.. she thinks what she says is totally fine.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    she got her panishment already..

Obama re elected..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • brianlux wrote:

You'd think, but in the interview I saw with her, nothing indicated that she thought anything she said was a big deal.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    Preemptively stating that this is not a First Amendment issue, so let's not bring that argument into it.
    agreed.

way to squelch that argument. you are definitely on top of things!

:mrgreen:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Zoso wrote:

from her reaction I don't see her changing.. she thinks what she says is totally fine.
    You'd think, but in the interview I saw with her, nothing indicated that she thought anything she said was a big deal.

I'm hoping she's just trying to save face. I'm probably giving her too much credit...but I have seen people's views evolve after confrontation, but I'm not sure that will happen here

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    she got her panishment already..

Obama re elected..
    that is a punishment for sure for her. but could it be argued that that was actually the trigger that caused her to post that stuff?

at any rate, that is how she really feels and now the entire country knows about it and knows how she is. being a pariah is a punishment in and of itself..

it is a shame that people feel compelled to post things like that. it poisons the dialogue.

i never thought i had so many racists on my facebook friends list. i had to do a mass purge because they were posting things similar to this. not really any N bombs, but the tone and the implications were the same. i tried to reach out to them and engage them in discussion and was told to basically fuck off so i concluded that there really is no reaching some of these people, so i deleted them.

i can not believe the hatred that people have for obama.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 523
    I am glad when these people say how they really feel. It allows us to know who they are and to marginalize and ignore them.

We don't need people like that in any society.

Romney voter
    >>>
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    There are far too many people like this in the country. Not much we can do about it.
    Self-deportation maybe?
  • You gotta wonder two things about people like this.

1) What have they been exposed to in their lives to say/think things like this?

Something tells me this insensitivity the effect of the Gen Y teens growing up around YouTube comments...it's Lord of the Flies out there.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    breitbart, Coulter, Beck etc. cultivate this behavior even more.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    shithead for sure...don't think she realizes the amount of crazies that will now follow her around forever & make her life miserable
    aqo2t.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    yep... idiot.
    the only kind of person that says stuuff like this is a complete fool and a nasty heartless (expletive deleted). i pray & hope that no harm ever comes mr. obama and his family's way. this gal is a solid turd. makes me disgusted. the title of this thread is accurate. what a disgusting human being. but now wait a minute... i'd like to believe she's not even human. that's what my wishful thinking side is doing. she's actually a frozen sample of coyote urine or something
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 523
    Smellyman wrote:
    Please provide sources to back this up.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Aaron 23 wrote:
    Smellyman wrote:
    Please provide sources to back this up.

Please refer to your local FOX News Cable channel
    aqo2t.jpg
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    You know, the more I think about perhaps Obamas best political move of his entire career was naming Biden VP. I mean, nobody wants to see that goofball president. Even these crazy ass people.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited November 2012
    I saw a list of dozens and dozens of horribly racist tweets like this on some news article (won't even bother finding it - we don't need to spread that crap around), and what was disturbing is that most are from young people. I like to think that younger generations are getting more accepting and tolerant, and more sensitive to things like the N-word and racism or bigotry in general, but apparently not... I guess I'll mention that the majority of those tweets came from the states you would expect them to come from (though they were scattered around). I'm glad someone out there is calling schools and really trying to get consequences dealt out for these little shit heads!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    You know, the more I think about perhaps Obamas best political move of his entire career was naming Biden VP. I mean, nobody wants to see that goofball president. Even these crazy ass people.
    I think you may be underestimating the power of vicious racism. I'm pretty sure that an attack from some militant white supremacist group or lone neo-nazi is a big legitimate concern for the secret service.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    th?id=HB.139077748347&pid=15.1
    "I'm looking on the bright side... I won't be eating so much of the Stone Cold inventory any more."
    "Ummm... do you know if Krispy Kreme is hiring?"
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!