80% of Australians favor Barack

ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
edited November 2012 in A Moving Train
http://www.skynews.com.au/national/arti ... d=National

says it all really. should be a no contest but for some reason American's love their conservative's.
I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Well, I think an even higher percentage of Americans loved Britain's Tony Blair and he wasn't nearly as well-liked by his constituents.

But I do like Australia's taste here. :D

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    the problem is why the rest 20% is not.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425

the 20% are American ex pats ;)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Zoso wrote:
    http://www.skynews.com.au/national/article.aspx?id=811820&vId=3625900&cId=National

says it all really. should be a no contest but for some reason American's love their conservative's.
    I figure that's who a bunch of convicts would pick.

;)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Zoso wrote:

:lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Jason P wrote:
    Zoso wrote:
    http://www.skynews.com.au/national/article.aspx?id=811820&vId=3625900&cId=National

I figure that's who a bunch of convicts would pick.

;)

I come from South Australia he ONLY state that wasn't built from convicts!

• only because he's the only guy they know from the 20sec footage a week on the news... oh and he's the cool nice guy with the hot wife.

australian's don't even know anything about australian politics, let alone US politics to give an educated opinion poll!
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    They can have him.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    Zoso wrote:

:lol: nice....

i had an aussie ex g/f and from her i got to read a lot of aussie media and they as a country are much more progressive than the united states. they seem to leave mr jesus out of their laws and daily lives...they also seem to have more empathy for the aboriginals and less racism towards them...that may possibly be why obama is polling at 80% across the rest of the world and 44% here at home...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I'd like to see an Indigenous Australian become Prime Minister one day.
    It would be our Obama moment.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I think we all dream of a day where Paul Hogan is elected leader of Australia ...

:)
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Jason P wrote:
    I think we all dream of a day where Paul Hogan is elected leader of Australia ...

He would be our foreign affairs minister.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Jason P wrote:

it's the only australian people know when I tell them I'm aussie :D

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Staceb10 wrote:
    They can have him.

Hey long time! Good to see you are still around here.

Oh, and spot on.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    was listening to a thing on cbc radio on the weekend and they had a guest on who wrote a book about the chasm in american politics and how divisive everything is ... he went on to say the most conservative democrat still sits left of the most liberal conservative .. he talked about a time when bi-partisanship when politicians worked together but basically the hijacking of the GOP has stopped that ... like it has been said many times - the sole purpose of the GOP the past couple of years is to be against obama regardless of what he is doing ... it doesn't matter that obamacare is actually based on a GOP blueprint ...

if i was american - i would definitely be voting for stein and really have no love for the democratic party but people, especially conservatives, should be downright embarrassed and angry at what the GOP has become ... they are literally the asshole in movies that's sole purpose is to fuck things up ...
  • only because he's the only guy they know from the 20sec footage a week on the news... oh and he's the cool nice guy with the hot wife.

australian's don't even know anything about australian politics, let alone US politics to give an educated opinion poll!

Seriously do people actually consider Michelle Obama hot? :lol:

61E4DE9F-DBFE-4E88-AAE5-597DAC2793A7-460-00000024D704E88C.jpg
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    only because he's the only guy they know from the 20sec footage a week on the news... oh and he's the cool nice guy with the hot wife.

Not me. But she isn't bad looking and is killer smart and put together. And I'm not saying put together in a physical way, I mean everything else, how she carries herself, etc.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    only because he's the only guy they know from the 20sec footage a week on the news... oh and he's the cool nice guy with the hot wife.

Hot? No. But I don't think about women or men that way. Beautiful. Oh yes, definitely.

But what does this have to do with this thread????
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I don't think "hot" is the right word. I think she has a very striking look and for that reason is attractive, but I wouldn't call her hot.

And those pics don't really depict her that well.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."