HELP CLARIFY

Mamasan BrenMamasan Bren Posts: 959
edited October 2012 in The Porch
I have had two occasions now where good and decent fan club members on the forum here have questioned my 10 Club seniority number due to the "Joined" date here on the forum. Please clarify for me and for all on here that the date that it says you joined the forum on here is by all means NOT the date that you joined the 10 club. And just for further proof, my number is 140xxx, and I did my first post in May of '06 to try to sell my pair of tickets to the Grand Rapids show. (As most of you know, that turned out to be one epic show, but my buddy and I chose to go to the Cavs playoff game vs. Detroit, mainly because we were also catching PJ at the Q the next night anyway.) So, I had been on the forum a ton, but was always just reading and never had the desire to post until then. But I know that my fan club number seniority has been kept up since the mid-90s. Those in the know can vouch as to which 10 club numbers match which era of years joined. So can this just serve to educate all that read this, that the joined on the forum date has nothing to do with the date that you joined the 10 club. Thanks

(and on another small note: can anyone tell me how to change my signature at the bottom of my posts? I want to add Missoula to my list of shows attended! Can we do that anymore in this new Beta zone? I searched all over within my account but can't find how to do it. Thanks!)

Come to Vegas and see Ed! Join us at the pre-party!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=182479
1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    It isn't.

My # is 165's and it says I'm '03, even though I was on the old forums.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

(and on another small note: can anyone tell me how to change my signature at the bottom of my posts? I want to add Missoula to my list of shows attended! Can we do that anymore in this new Beta zone? I searched all over within my account but can't find how to do it. Thanks!)
    Here's how you change your signature:
    Go to "My Account" > "Forum Account"
    Under the "Profile Tab" > Click on "Edit Signature"
    I updated mine as soon as I got back from MONTANA :lol:
    Hope you had as much fun as I did!! :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I have had two occasions now where good and decent fan club members on the forum here have questioned my 10 Club seniority number due to the "Joined" date here on the forum. Please clarify for me and for all on here that the date that it says you joined the forum on here is by all means NOT the date that you joined the 10 club. And just for further proof, my number is 140xxx, and I did my first post in May of '06 to try to sell my pair of tickets to the Grand Rapids show. (As most of you know, that turned out to be one epic show, but my buddy and I chose to go to the Cavs playoff game vs. Detroit, mainly because we were also catching PJ at the Q the next night anyway.) So, I had been on the forum a ton, but was always just reading and never had the desire to post until then. But I know that my fan club number seniority has been kept up since the mid-90s. Those in the know can vouch as to which 10 club numbers match which era of years joined. So can this just serve to educate all that read this, that the joined on the forum date has nothing to do with the date that you joined the 10 club. Thanks

You are correct. The date in your profile has little to do with your Ten Club number if you joined in the 90's to probably pre-2003.
  • derbydave wrote:

Here's how you change your signature:
    Go to "My Account" > "Forum Account"
    Under the "Profile Tab" > Click on "Edit Signature"
    I updated mine as soon as I got back from MONTANA :lol:
    Hope you had as much fun as I did!! :ugeek:

Thanks DD!
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    And just for further proof, my number is 140xxx, and I did my first post in May of '06 to try to sell my pair of tickets to the Grand Rapids show. (As most of you know, that turned out to be one epic show, but my buddy and I chose to go to the Cavs playoff game vs. Detroit, mainly because we were also catching PJ at the Q the next night anyway.)

Had you gone to the '06 Grand Rapids show, your 10C number would have landed you 2nd row floor seats.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • 100 Pacer wrote:
    And just for further proof, my number is 140xxx, and I did my first post in May of '06 to try to sell my pair of tickets to the Grand Rapids show. (As most of you know, that turned out to be one epic show, but my buddy and I chose to go to the Cavs playoff game vs. Detroit, mainly because we were also catching PJ at the Q the next night anyway.)

Had you gone to the '06 Grand Rapids show, your 10C number would have landed you 2nd row floor seats.
    Correct. Cause my 135xxx got me front row. Hehe.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Hmm. That's weird -- I had alway assumed the date on one's profile is the date that person joined the club because it lines up for me. I mean, this version of the forum didn't even exist in 1998!

Meh. Whatever. I wouldn't let it bother you; people who make a big deal about whether or not someone is telling the truth of their "seniority" need to find other things to worry about.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    100 Pacer wrote:

the good old days with no lottery
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    I was expecting to see some posts about the fact that he went to an NBA game instead of the Grand Rapids show. and nothing :|
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    just to clarify....

my 10c number blows, and my join date for both the club and forum is over there
    >

now about that cookie
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    LukinFan wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

The band decided to redistribute 10C tickets for the show after seeing the same faces up front making for some lame crowds at the previous few shows. Allocation of floor seats began in front row with member number 130,000 and worked backwards from there, with numbers below 130,000 receiving seats in the wings next to the stage.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I remember the old Synergy site.

My 10c number sucks.

I joined in 98 or something, and lost my info when I moved. But when I tried to re-new, I got a new 10c number :cry: was a 204XXX and got a 214XXX, then I got really sick for a year, and forgot to re-new. When I re-newed, I got a 402XXX number. Still have the old dot matrix printed label that has my first number on it...wish I could have it back. Oh well, I can only hope for lottery or another GA show.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Go Beavers wrote:
    I was expecting to see some posts about the fact that he went to an NBA game instead of the Grand Rapids show. and nothing :|

Yeah, that's too out there for my brain to process.
  • Go Beavers wrote:

What do you mean? Discussion about seniority is always more important than whether you went to a killer show or not! :lol:
  • JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    I joined in the early 90's and the date under my username says 1998. It's off by about 5 years.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    100 Pacer wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

The band decided to redistribute 10C tickets for the show after seeing the same faces up front making for some lame crowds at the previous few shows. Allocation of floor seats began in front row with member number 130,000 and worked backwards from there, with numbers below 130,000 receiving seats in the wings next to the stage.

I'm a 279xxx

In July 2003, I had:
    Section H
    Row D
    Seats 3-4 (I think, but maybe 5-6.)
    http://media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-us/ ... 14598s.gif

In May 2010, I had:
    FL 2
    Row 16
    Seats 3-4
    http://www.nationwidearena.com/seating/ ... nd270.html
    (Seats didn't go THAT far behind the stage, due to the black curtain behind the band.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Go Beavers wrote:

Too out there to process that people can be passionate about both music and sports? I had seen PJ a ton of times before, and had tickets to see them the night after the game. I'm a huge Cavs fan and the game was one where a victory would've given us the Eastern Conference title and a trip to the NBA Finals, and along with it, one hell of a party in downtown Cleveland commencing immediately following it. If you can understand being crazy for PJ, I'm sure you can understand that there are millions of people who are wild for their sports teams, no?
    Go Beavers wrote:

Too out there to process that people can be passionate about both music and sports? I had seen PJ a ton of times before, and had tickets to see them the night after the game. I'm a huge Cavs fan and the game was one where a victory would've given us the Eastern Conference title and a trip to the NBA Finals, and along with it, one hell of a party in downtown Cleveland commencing immediately following it. If you can understand being crazy for PJ, I'm sure you can understand that there are millions of people who are wild for their sports teams, no?

I'm with you Bren!!!
    If PJ were to schedule a show near me on either Kentucky Derby or Indy 500 weekends & I couldn't swing making it to both...I'd definitely pick the sporting event!!
    I haven't missed an Indy 500 since I started going in 1977 and ALWAYS go to Louisville for Derby weekend!!
    :ugeek:
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Go Beavers wrote:

Sure it's understandable, but not something I would ever even consider for myself.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    derbydave wrote:
    I'm with you Bren!!!
    If PJ were to schedule a show near me on either Kentucky Derby or Indy 500 weekends & I couldn't swing making it to both...I'd definitely pick the sporting event!!
    I haven't missed an Indy 500 since I started going in 1977 and ALWAYS go to Louisville for Derby weekend!!

How the heck did I know it was derbydave writing this post without looking at the username?

:lol::lol:
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    derbydave wrote:
    I'm with you Bren!!!

How the heck did I know it was derbydave writing this post without looking at the username?

Peter,
    :lol: You HAD to know it was me!!! :lol:

• YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    derbydave wrote:
    I'm with you Bren!!!

Couldn't agree more.

derbydave - I don't know you, but I always get a kick out of your posts my friend!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

YLed2 wrote:
    derbydave wrote:
    I'm with you Bren!!!

Couldn't agree more.

derbydave - I don't know you, but I always get a kick out of your posts my friend!

Thanks BUDDY!!
    Hopefully we'll get to meet at a show REALLY SOON :D
    Besides being HUGE PJ FANS...Peter & I are also BEER BUDS!!
    We hit all of the TAP TAKEOVERS at 4th Street Patio, our favorite bar, here in Columbus!!
    It all started with the Dogfish Head takeover where we got to drink FAITHFULL ALE out of a keg & it was MUCH BETTER than the bottles!!!
    We've also done TAP TAKEOVERS with Great Lakes Brewing Company, Founders Brewery, & just a few weeks ago, Avery Brewing Company!!
    AND If you ever see a guy wearing a tie-dyed ANALOG SHIRT & an INDY 500 baseball cap at a PJ SHOW...

IMAG0401.jpg

It's probably ME!!!

• YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    derbydave wrote:

Thanks BUDDY!!
    Hopefully we'll get to meet at a show REALLY SOON :D
    Besides being HUGE PJ FANS...Peter & I are also BEER BUDS!!
    We hit all of the TAP TAKEOVERS at 4th Street Patio, our favorite bar, here in Columbus!!
    It all started with the Dogfish Head takeover where we got to drink FAITHFULL ALE out of a keg & it was MUCH BETTER than the bottles!!!
    We've also done TAP TAKEOVERS with Great Lakes Brewing Company, Founders Brewery, & just a few weeks ago, Avery Brewing Company!!
    AND If you ever see a guy wearing a tie-dyed ANALOG SHIRT & an INDY 500 baseball cap at a PJ SHOW...

IMAG0401.jpg

It's probably ME!!!

It would be an honor and a pleasure my friend! I always thuroughly enjoy your posts on here my friend - hopefully 2013 will bring extensive tour and we can party it up at a show! :D

Being an Iowa Hawkeye, I am very familiar with Columbus and I have many close friends who are from the great state of Ohio! Also, the company I work for is head quartered there and all over the place up there - I'm sure you've heard of Nationwide Insurance? :geek:

I've always taken notice of your posts and glad you're part of the community my friend - just wanted to give you a shout out! Go Bucks!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• So how is it that some peoples senority got fucked up?
    My date refects when I actually joined(newb)
    But does this mean that even if I'm buck about keeping my membership up to date I could still get screwed over somehow?
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Joined "10C" Circa 99'...Old Forums 2001...and this Forum 2003...:)
  • So how is it that some peoples senority got fucked up?
    My date refects when I actually joined(newb)
    But does this mean that even if I'm buck about keeping my membership up to date I could still get screwed over somehow?

No, nothing is screwed up. It's simply this. Whenever you joined the 10 Club is the date you joined the fan club and your seniority was issued. The date that says joined to the right of your post under your profile name is simply the date you made your first post on the forum, and has zero to do with the date you joined the 10 Club. That was my point from the get-go as some aren't aware of this fact.
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162

Not sure you need to prove it to anyone. That sounds like their problem more than your problem, Rock On!
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • AzWicker wrote:

Not sure you need to prove it to anyone. That sounds like their problem more than your problem, Rock On!

true. Just more of an FYI to all on here.
  • covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,326
    love the shirt, derbydave!

and the whole 'joined' thing is stupid. Who cares?