The Killers

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    anyone get the deluxe version with 3 bonus tracks? I bought it today but didn't lsiten to it yet. The bonus tracks are:

-Carry Me Home
    -Flesh & Bone(Jacques Lu Cont remix)
    -Prize Fighter
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • why is no one talking about the webcast directed by Werner Herzog?

The Killers have always been a band I have longed to see live. Brandon has always reminded me of Freddy Mercury, someone who absolutely loves being a frontman. Such a great voice.
  • that was odd, large chunk of the webcast was interrupted by technical difficulties, show is in NY, as NY has tornado warnings. oddest thing ive ever heard
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    that was odd, large chunk of the webcast was interrupted by technical difficulties, show is in NY, as NY has tornado warnings. oddest thing ive ever heard

I was watching it and it was super blurry for me until "Miss Atomic Bomb" and then when "Bling" started the Tornado Warning came in. Never came back to me... :( But it's ok, I'll just watch the replay later guess. It was great until that point!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
    anyone get the deluxe version with 3 bonus tracks? I bought it today but didn't lsiten to it yet. The bonus tracks are:

-Carry Me Home
    -Flesh & Bone(Jacques Lu Cont remix)
    -Prize Fighter

I did, I love them! Carry Me Home sounds like the Cars. The remix is actually pretty good and Prize Fighters is the best out of the 3. Great music and lyrics, sounds like Bruce Springsteen. :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Really enjoying the new album. 'Battle Born' has to be my fav song so far.
    Really enjoying the new album. 'Battle Born' has to be my fav song so far.

Really love Battle Born, probably my second favorite after The Rising Tide.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    It is a really good album! I don't like Deadlines and Commitments much at all, but the rest is excellent. I love Heart of a Girl, BUT ... they basically used the opening bars from Sweet Jane by the Cowboy Junkies at the start of the song. Is that on purpose I wonder???

Gonna see them in Vancouver Dec. 3rd. 4th time. :thumbup: ... Or maybe I'll go to see Springsteen instead. :think: Can't afford both... difficult decision. Have never seen Bruce... But I listen to the Killers way more... But I've heard that Bruce shows are great... but RNDM is playing Vancouver the same night as Bruce and is way cheaper... Okay... I think I'll do The Killers and RNDM, since I get 2 shows instead of 1 that way. :) Thank you for reading my inner monologue on that while I worked it out. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It is a really good album! I don't like Deadlines and Commitments much at all, but the rest is excellent. I love Heart of a Girl, BUT ... they basically used the opening bars from Sweet Jane by the Cowboy Junkies at the start of the song. Is that on purpose I wonder???

Gonna see them in Vancouver Dec. 3rd. 4th time. :thumbup: ... Or maybe I'll go to see Springsteen instead. :think: Can't afford both... difficult decision. Have never seen Bruce... But I listen to the Killers way more... But I've heard that Bruce shows are great... but RNDM is playing Vancouver the same night as Bruce and is way cheaper... Okay... I think I'll do The Killers and RNDM, since I get 2 shows instead of 1 that way. :) Thank you for reading my inner monologue on that while I worked it out. :lol:

Really? I LOVE Deadlines and Commitments...the only one I don't really care for is Miss Atomic Bomb... :?
    But for sure see The Killers and RNDM, guaranteed great shows!!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

edited September 2012
    I listened to the album today and was pretty surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I think it's their best album since Hot Fuss. I dug Here With Me, Battle Born, and Prize Fighter.
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I listened to the album today and was pretty

Pretty? :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

thefixer9 wrote:
    I listened to the album today and was pretty

Pretty? :lol:

accidentally the submit key before i was finished :oops:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    thefixer9 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Really? I LOVE Deadlines and Commitments...the only one I don't really care for is Miss Atomic Bomb... :?
    But for sure see The Killers and RNDM, guaranteed great shows!!!! :mrgreen:
    Different strokes! ;)
    Now it seems it will be Bruce Springsteen and The Killers. A friend of mine told her husband (also my friend) about the Bruce show, and he got so excited that she said she'd buy him tix to it as a gift... but she isn't interested and doesn't want to get a babysitter, so he's going to take me with him! :lol: :thumbup: SCORE!
    But I am sad I`ll be missing RNDM. :( So much so, that I`m not even sure I want to see Bruce instead (one minute I do, and the next I don't) ... I mean, RNDM is in a tiny place. Bruce is in a stadium, and we`ll probably have nose-bleeds.... I feel all twisted up about this. :lol: Why did RNDM have to be here the same night at Bruce??? :fp: :fp: :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • im diggin the album...seems to be getting slammed by critics tho....theres still a couple tracks i havent even listened to ...relaly like flesh n bone, runaways,be still, Miss atomic bomb (tho the live version is better), deadlines and commitments (amazing), ...i didnt get the deluxe edition....but ive heard the bonus tracks and theyre good as well

someone finally posted a studio verison of "Go all the way" on youtube...from the dark shadows soundtrack
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    I rather like the new album. Don't know why its getting shredded critically. Its a big, boisterous 80's sounding album with interesting layers all around. Its got glitz and glam and sounds great for Brandon. Love Deadlines and Commitments, as well as Battle Born.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    Who gives a shit what music critics say?? I won't even read that garbage. I just read an old critical review from the 70s yesterday, written by Morrisey, no less, that said the Ramones were the shittiest band that ever came out if the NYC music scene and that they'd sink into obscurity immediately once they played outside of the city. So yeah, shows how meaningful music critic reviews are.
    EZ1221C wrote:
    I rather like the new album. Don't know why its getting shredded critically. Its a big, boisterous 80's sounding album with interesting layers all around. Its got glitz and glam and sounds great for Brandon. Love Deadlines and Commitments, as well as Battle Born.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

And I agree, I'm not sure why critics have been giving it bad reviews, but then again, who cares? :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• LexyLexy Posts: 46
    I love the Killers! I saw them a while back and they were really great. I went to see them tonight, too and it, well, let's just say it didn't go so great. Through no fault of their own, however, it was just a little disappointing I guess - after only three or four songs, they had to quit as Brandon was suffering from throat problems. So it was a shame, but of course they had no choice as to whether his throat would play up or not and they seemed genuinely sorry & upset, Brandon in particular, that they had to stop, explaining that it had never happened before & sending on an official to explain a little about what to do with regards to our tickets. I just hope that Brandon gets well soon, because they really are a great band and though tonight may not have been a great success, I look forward to hopefully seeing them again! :)

P.S: Sorry if I've messed up this post, it's my first and I'm not great with technology as it is, haha!
    :lol:
    i thought i read their Christmas single was out now :think:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Lexy wrote:
    I love the Killers! I saw them a while back and they were really great. I went to see them tonight, too and it, well, let's just say it didn't go so great. Through no fault of their own, however, it was just a little disappointing I guess - after only three or four songs, they had to quit as Brandon was suffering from throat problems. So it was a shame, but of course they had no choice as to whether his throat would play up or not and they seemed genuinely sorry & upset, Brandon in particular, that they had to stop, explaining that it had never happened before & sending on an official to explain a little about what to do with regards to our tickets. I just hope that Brandon gets well soon, because they really are a great band and though tonight may not have been a great success, I look forward to hopefully seeing them again! :)

P.S: Sorry if I've messed up this post, it's my first and I'm not great with technology as it is, haha!
    Oh shit! That's too bad. Sorry for you and all the other fans. :( Did they say what's wrong with him by any chance?? I mean, did it seem like something that might go on for a while, or does he just have a cold, or what? Of course I'm wondering if he's going to be okay for the Dec. 3rd show, or does he have some kind of condition that could be ongoing??

Not true, trust me, if it was I would be first to know... :lol:

But rumor is it will be called "I Feel It In My Bones"

:mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PJ_Soul wrote:
    Lexy wrote:
    I love the Killers! I saw them a while back and they were really great. I went to see them tonight, too and it, well, let's just say it didn't go so great. Through no fault of their own, however, it was just a little disappointing I guess - after only three or four songs, they had to quit as Brandon was suffering from throat problems. So it was a shame, but of course they had no choice as to whether his throat would play up or not and they seemed genuinely sorry & upset, Brandon in particular, that they had to stop, explaining that it had never happened before & sending on an official to explain a little about what to do with regards to our tickets. I just hope that Brandon gets well soon, because they really are a great band and though tonight may not have been a great success, I look forward to hopefully seeing them again! :)

Oh shit! That's too bad. Sorry for you and all the other fans. :( Did they say what's wrong with him by any chance?? I mean, did it seem like something that might go on for a while, or does he just have a cold, or what? Of course I'm wondering if he's going to be okay for the Dec. 3rd show, or does he have some kind of condition that could be ongoing??[/quote

A couple of songs in he took a swig from this bottle, telling us that it was a Chinese throat elixir , so it was something that he had kind of been aware of before the show & then during the fourth song, he walked off stage halfway through then came back on & got them to stop, before coming over to the mike and telling us he was really sorry but he couldn't do it. They posted on Facebook last night, once again apologising & saying that they were planning out a reschedule of the show I went to & tonight's, so hopefully it's nothing long term & it sounds like your show should be okay, I hope all is well for your show, have fun! :D
    thefixer9 wrote:

maybe that was it, i just heard the title.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Lexy wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Oh shit! That's too bad. Sorry for you and all the other fans. :( Did they say what's wrong with him by any chance?? I mean, did it seem like something that might go on for a while, or does he just have a cold, or what? Of course I'm wondering if he's going to be okay for the Dec. 3rd show, or does he have some kind of condition that could be ongoing??

A couple of songs in he took a swig from this bottle, telling us that it was a Chinese throat elixir , so it was something that he had kind of been aware of before the show & then during the fourth song, he walked off stage halfway through then came back on & got them to stop, before coming over to the mike and telling us he was really sorry but he couldn't do it. They posted on Facebook last night, once again apologising & saying that they were planning out a reschedule of the show I went to & tonight's, so hopefully it's nothing long term & it sounds like your show should be okay, I hope all is well for your show, have fun! :D
    Thanks, I'm sure I will! It will be my 4th time seeing them, but this will the first time in a stadium. The first was in a smaller Theatre, The Vogue, the second was an outdoor music festival, and third was at Madison Square Gardens, but in the smaller theatre there... This one is GA in a hockey arena. While normally I love a great band in a smaller, more intimate venue, I'm excited to see them with a bigger crowd and a GA floor this time! But the friend I'm going with is old before her time, and refused to get GA tix. :( :( :( I was actually tempted to be mad at her (well, okay, I'm a little mad at her for acting like an old lady ... But I pretended I'm not mad, so good enough, right?). But we've got pretty good seats still. I'm really looking forward to this one!
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Lexy wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Thanks, I'm sure I will! It will be my 4th time seeing them, but this will the first time in a stadium. The first was in a smaller Theatre, The Vogue, the second was an outdoor music festival, and third was at Madison Square Gardens, but in the smaller theatre there... This one is GA in a hockey arena. While normally I love a great band in a smaller, more intimate venue, I'm excited to see them with a bigger crowd and a GA floor this time! But the friend I'm going with is old before her time, and refused to get GA tix. :( :( :( I was actually tempted to be mad at her (well, okay, I'm a little mad at her for acting like an old lady ... But I pretended I'm not mad, so good enough, right?). But we've got pretty good seats still. I'm really looking forward to this one!

Haha! Sounds great! I'm sure you'll have just as much fun in your seats :lol:
    thefixer9 wrote:

maybe that was it, i just heard the title.

out now :thumbup:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20121201
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    And the video is out too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECHv5KV4 ... ture=g-all

At first I wasn't in love with the song, but now I LOVE it! Probably my least favorite still, but it's great, especially the video!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

Saw the show in Vancouver last night, and it was actually really good! The crowd was pretty into it for a Vancouver crowd. There was even crowd surfing! I could barely believe my eyes when that started happening! :lol: And the band sounded excellent (in the other 3 times I've seen them live, their sound quality was fairly shitty, so I'm glad they worked that out). I was really struck by how much they've changed since I last saw them (I think that was 2007 or so). It is a WAY more spectacular show than they used to put on. Some pretty spectacular fireworks, quite a light show the whole time, and an almost weirdly impressive blast of silver confetti near the end. :D It was really fun! I was struck at how much bigger the band seems to be now compared to 2007 (which I think was way back when they released Sam's Town). Brandon Flowers has got some serious crazy fans now; he went down at the end of the show and they mobbed him on the GA rail; and he took his rings off before going down there, knowing that they'd be ripped off his hands if he didn't. It kind of reminded me of Justin Bieber fan behaviour (but not as desperate). How things have changed in the past 5 years!

One thing though... Brandon talked a bit between a few songs, and I found him to be really strange. He wasn't personable or funny or even interesting... instead he actually came off like an evangelical preacher... Not a fire and brimstone one; the kind you see on TV who are trying to make everyone think he's friendly (but they leave a slightly greasy taste in your mouth). It did not appeal to me. I would prefer if he didn't talk at all, if that's how he's gonna do it.

Also, I realized just how used to PJ I'm getting (and how appreciative of them I really am). My friend said to me that she "cheated" and looked at the setlist for the show... she said this only a quarter of the way through the show. And I honestly looked at her completely puzzled. I said, "what do you mean? How could you have looked at the setlist when they haven't played the show yet???" She looked at me like I was stupid or something, and reminded me that most bands play pretty much the same show every night. For a second I found that shocking, and then I remembered that it's true. :fp: Thank goodness for Pearl Jam! :D
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    In case anyone didn't get the alert, MSG Killers show tonight cancelled due to Brandon Flowers having laryngitis. New date TBD.
    Suziemay wrote:
    In case anyone didn't get the alert, MSG Killers show tonight cancelled due to Brandon Flowers having laryngitis. New date TBD.
    Shitty! The throat problems persist apparently!