Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    When will PJ tour the southern US again?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • rival_AK71rival_AK71 Posts: 33
    "Official bitchfest".... love it.

It would be awesome if we could buy quality prints of Karen Noria's work online. People would definitely purchase killer 'official' photo reprints from across the group's history and future, no?

It would be fairly easy to set up, lots of external partners would jump at the chance to manage the 'product line' of PJ concert reprints, and it could bring in some cash for PJF or another good cause. I would probably pay way too much for the shot where I'm wedged against the barrier at Arras, and walk away totally happy (esp. if I knew a chunk of the profits was going somewhere cool, and even more if it had a little 10c watermark or something). Shucks I'd even choose from a tasteful selection of pewter or brass PJ picture frames.

People would of course want HQ digital copies, but in the spirit of vinyl, I think sticking to prints only would be justifiable and totally cool (and allows Karen to retain control of her work).

Am I the only one who would buy these? :)

EUROPE 2012, I SAID FUCK YEAH!!!!
  • cookiescookies Posts: 113
    I have given up on club tickets I find it is to much stress for me. And I thought that it would be great if they could take a few tickets and offer them to the members who live in the state before they offer them to all club members. About 1/3 of their ticket count and an offering with a deadline. At least they have a chance to get them. And if the member could not make the deadline they still have a chance to buy them again. The seniority should still be the same. And I know this idea is not perfect but it is just a thought... :)
    Cookies
    ôjô
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    As a Washington State resident, I've always wanted to see regional 10c presales so people are more likely to be able to get tickets for shows near their hometown. So far, I have not missed any hometown shows, but the lottery system scares me when it comes to Seattle shows.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • bigmattk11bigmattk11 Posts: 284
    This is a long shot and will never happen, but maybe could there be a way that we could take a PJ test that would give some 10 clubbers some better seats. I know there is a number system with what fan you are, but I hate seeing 10 C people around me standing still and mot rocking out. They look like they do not want to be there. IDK it just sucks sometimes.
    I got some if you need it.

5/20/06 Cleveland 6/24/06 Cincinnati 5/6/10 Columbus 5/7/10 Indiana 5/9/10 Cleveland 5/10/10 Buffalo 6/26/11 EV Detroit 9/3-4/11 Alpine Valley WI 9/11-12/11 Toronto 2011 Atlanta 2012
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    I would love to have a Paypal option for the shop.......I'd buy alot more if there was this option,I don't like to use my CC that much as your shop doesn't have that secure lock thingy :lol:
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Any info on the 10c iPhone app. It needed updating before the website change and now just doesn't work. I know it was only $1.99 but those of us with it did pay for it. Thanks.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Excellent idea 10c and thank you for doing this. I hope we can give you some creative and constructive ideas instead of the typical complaints and bickering. :D
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    How about a fanclub only show at a smaller venue like the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago!

:thumbup: or the Electric Factory in philly :mrgreen:

Only thing i can think of is somehow make it easier to get tix :?

Also suggestion for the forum. Anyway we can "embed" youtube videos so instead of clicking on the link the video appears on the page/thread/topic?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Also suggestion for the forum. Anyway we can "embed" youtube videos so instead of clicking on the link the video appears on the page/thread/topic?

You mean like this video below? :D
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    And livestreaming some shows would be awesome,I'd even pay a few $ over and above the membership cost,maybe a portion of those proceeds could go to one of the Bands charities....
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I know Kelly Curtis mentioned that Pearl Jam would play more US shows next year then the 3 festivals + 1 show this year. Can we expect a proper tour of the USA? The entire USA? :)

Also, I would love an update to the iPhone app. It has not worked properly since the website got updated. :|

Is there any other way you can do ticket sales besides doing it by lottery? Using Ticketmaster like you did for last year's Canadian tour worked out really good. I feel like I have a better chance at actually getting tickets if I have the opportunity to try for tickets myself as opposed to entering my name in a lottery. Thanks!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Yield & No Code Deluxe Box Set!!! Can NOT say this enough!
  • Spark28Spark28 Posts: 64
    As a Washington State resident, I've always wanted to see regional 10c presales so people are more likely to be able to get tickets for shows near their hometown. So far, I have not missed any hometown shows, but the lottery system scares me when it comes to Seattle shows.

I agree with this. I like the lottery for tickets method, but I think preference should be given to the local people. I would be crushed if Pearl Jam came back to Red Rocks and I got shut out, especially if it was in favor of someone who traveled from a market that Pearl Jam plays quite often.

As someone with a lot of seniority, I also want to keep that system in place. Rewards the long time fans, and helps keep out scalpers who by memberships the year of the tour just for the presales.
  • gus stillsgus stills Posts: 336
    Thanks 10c for this, great idea! I really have no complaints about the ticketing process. There's been times I haven't gotten tickets, sure, but when I do they've been incredible, without fail, every single show I've gone to. I think the new site is a huge upgrade as well. The only thing I wish the 10c would do is to provide tracking info on merch orders. Waiting for stuff that's never arrived (or possibly arrived and then disappeared before I got home from work) has been a huge headache that could be alleviated greatly with tracking info. If I know something's due to arrive, I can make arrangements to pick it up/be home, etc. That's my two cents--everything else besides that, keep up the good work!
  • mulder11mulder11 Macomb, MI Posts: 75
    Tim, thanks for the opportunity to give feedback. As a long-time member, you do a great job. A couple of changes I'd like to see is:
    - fan club only content. Stream a concert either as it happens or immediatley after the fact.
    - appearal - make the appearal something a 40-year old would wear in public.
    - get the band involved with posts from them, here would be great.
    - tickets - the new system is good. Unlesss something else comes along, stick with it to avoid frustration.
    - communication - if the band is not in tour, we still want to hear updates. Stop the speculation about the tour or what the band is thinking. Let us know.
    - give the fan club something's that is truly exclusive. U2 did a great job by allowing fans to select tracks for a fan-club only release. This went over very well to have fanss spend money during a non-touring year.
    - run contests to give away merchandise. Cheap for you, but a $10 t-shirt or something makes a fan for life.

These are just a few ideas from a long time member not bitching about tickets. Hopefully, you consider some of them.

Thanks again for a thankless job and all that you do for the fans...
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    10c only shows
    Pearl jam only shows or ed ved as opener
    Cheaper prices for tickets
    Tour all he US
    More fan club members dream set lists
    More communication for the members to paying members
    A yearly festival like alpine,give back to those who helped make you.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Hurray for the idea of letting the people speak. :)
    It's a real pity I have nothing worthwhile to say at the moment.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    -Please bring back the AET show. It was a great way for the 10c to interact with the fans. That period that the show was on was the best communication between 10c and the fans that I have ever seen. Since then, things have kinda gone back to the constant rumors and no comments from 10c.
    -Release the PJ20 boots! Or at least tell us when we can expect them.
  • PJArtistPJArtist New Orleans Posts: 542
    If it hasn't been mention yet, please re-release PJ20 Blue Ray Deluxe.

Also, if there could be an opportunity to re-sell or exchange 10 Club tickets for those who, for circumstances beyond their control could not attend shows.

Thank you.
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16
  • faithfullalefaithfullale Posts: 152
    Stream shows for 10c members.
    10c only shows.
    PJ acoustic shows.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    How about an annual poster as part of the Ten Club membership package? My Morning Jacket has been doing them with Randy Fung and it's been a cool treat every year.
  • Just keep on keepin on! :D

The Ten Club has always set the bar high for all fan clubs. Nobody or nothing is perfect and I think this is a great idea to have a place to voice suggestions and opinions. Very civilized. 8-)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Jammalambo wrote:

You mean like this video below? :D

um yes
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    edited July 2012
    Great idea Tim

But can I make one suggestion...

Rather than just a thread where topics will get confused/muddled and items easily missed, would it not be better to great a forum topic for this and then individual questions/posts could be address/discussed/stickied if need be.

This will also minimise the same questions being answered over and over.

I vote for calling it "Inside Job" 8-)

All the best mate!
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Ship posters in larger diameter tubes! Its like you guys are rolling a cigarette to fit them in and they are getting damaged.

Insert a few posters signed by the band now and then....how about a sticker?

Stream some concerts, I would pay extra for this.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,249
    Single 10C tickets! I'm always travel alone and buying a pair seems a waste of money.

Meet and great, like Metallica do!

Bigger tubes for posters, like the one at EU shows. I'll pay $$$ extra for it.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    omg, please fix the iphone app asap. or let us know if it is going to even be fixed :)
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    edited July 2012
    Very brave move...congratulations.
    1. Could you possibly make the Women's shirts less girlie? Almost always Men's shirt designs are cooler looking than Ladies'. Female fans are more badass than most male fans in this community, I can tell you that much :D
    2. Maybe the band might consider doing something like this?
    http://mymorningjacket.com/news/85572

THANK YOU! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by SOLAT319 on
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • pjfan9110pjfan9110 Posts: 145
    As some have already stated, giving hometown fans a greater chance at getting up close would be phenomenal. With that being said, i do understand the complications and headaches that come along with that. More quantities of "limited" items in the shop. keep up the good work!
    1998-06-27 Alpine Valley, WI / 2000-10-08 Alpine Valley, WI / 2003-06-21 Alpine Valley, WI / 2003-04-26 Mellon Arena, PA / 2004-10-03 Grand Rapids VFC, 2006-05-17 United Center, IL / 2006-06-29 Milwaukee, WI / 2006-06-30 Milwaukke, WI / 2011-09-03 Alpine Valley PJ20 / 2011-09-04 Alpine Valley PJ20 / 2013-07-19 Wrigley Field / 2014-10-19 St. Paul / 2014-10-20 Milwaukee, WI