Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Vince Gilligan is talking about a possible spin off that focuses on Saul. That shit would be great! :lol:

That would be awesome! :mrgreen:

Oh and where can I find the preview for next week's episode???

http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/video ... d-madrigal
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Here's the preview that aired after last night's episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCvJh7tg ... re=related
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    well i couldnt be more excited for this season. Things, in Season 5 episode 1, seem to be holding up so far to the standards of season 1-4 which obviously are astronomically high. I like how they got right into things, and I like how the tension and anxiety are at fever pitch, which is exactly where things were the last few episodes of season 4. I hope this continues. The magnet thing was absolutely genius. Im nervous about if it truly worked or not. Beniky looked awful. When i saw that camera amidst the rubble I got so scared. I just want things to continue to build and build and build, tension stacked on top of anxiety. Im worried they will screw up this season, because so far, I think the series is pretty much flawless.

So 15 episodes left in the series, 7 more left in season 5 part 1, so far, so good. lets keep it that way
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Vince Gilligan is talking about a possible spin off that focuses on Saul. That shit would be great! :lol:

Never watch the previews!!!! :nono:
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Heisenberg wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Never watch the previews!!!! :nono:

I can't help it! :oops: And thanks guys! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
    is AMCtv.com going to post all the episodes of season 5 right after they air. Currently episode 1 is on there.
    is AMCtv.com going to post all the episodes of season 5 right after they air. Currently episode 1 is on there.

I doubt it. I think they just did episode 1 to stick it to Dish Network a little bit. That whole get 'em hooked for free making 'em pay on the come back theory. Although, they certainly aren't hurting for viewers.

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2012/07/season-5-premiere-ratings.php
  • First episode was just fantastic.... This show is just amazing. And the interaction between characters is extremely well done. I too thought the episode was about 5 minutes long....
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    I love the fact that not only were Bryan Cranston and Anna Gunn both on Seinfeld, but the junkyard owner was fake Kramer. :lol:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I love the fact that not only were Bryan Cranston and Anna Gunn both on Seinfeld, but the junkyard owner was fake Kramer. :lol:

don't forget to add Bob Odenkirk to the list :D;)
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Just in case anyone missed it, The episode got series high ratings. Impressive for a fifth season!
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • afroannnie wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

don't forget to add Bob Odenkirk to the list :D;)

Wow! I had no idea all these people, aside from Bryan Cranston had been on Seinfeld at one time or another.
    http://tv.yahoo.com/news/surprising-between-breaking-bad-seinfeld-233400453.html

And I've been pondering lately the fact that Gus may have been gay :think:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Sow hat does everyone think of the beginning of the first episode? Usually a show will show the beginning and then not go back to it until the end of the show, kind of like a wrap up, but of course BB did not do this. I'm thinking it will wrap up the first half of this season. Didn't Walt have hair in it?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    I think this is pretty clearly, now, the greatest tv show of all time. 15 episodes to go. I am worried about how the 8 episodes will effect the season. We are so used to a 13 episodes season, this time, and next season as well we only have 8. Im worried this will have a negative effect on the build and anxiety on the show. We have less episodes, so it will be harder for something like the crawl space scene to happen again, because that was all predicated on the idea of 4 years of episodes and it all falling apart in that scene. It wouldnt have worked otherwise.

Uh, yup...I think it's pretty clear, Gus was gay.
    LukinFan wrote:
    Sow hat does everyone think of the beginning of the first episode? Usually a show will show the beginning and then not go back to it until the end of the show, kind of like a wrap up, but of course BB did not do this. I'm thinking it will wrap up the first half of this season. Didn't Walt have hair in it?

Read in an interview that the first 4 seasons cover a little over a year (of time in the show). If you remember right, the pilot episode was Walt's 50th birthday (and Skylar spelled out 50 in turkey bacon for his breakfast). This would mean that the opening scene of Season 5 is a bout a year in the future (from the explosion). I'm guessing we won't see that again until near the end of season 6 (I don't care what anyone says, it's season 6...it doesn't happen until next year :D )
    Heisenberg wrote:

"Sometimes when someone is thin, single and neat people assume they are gay because that is a stereotype."
    Not that there's anything wrong with that... :D
    afroannnie wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

"Sometimes when someone is thin, single and neat people assume they are gay because that is a stereotype."

:lol: Cranston so needs to get Jerry to do a cameo. Maybe as Walt's dentist... :lol:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

:lol: Cranston so needs to get Jerry to do a cameo. Maybe as Walt's dentist... :lol:

:lol::lol: I love that idea! I wouldn't put it past them..on one of the commentaries they said that they gave Lavell Crawford & Bill Burr roles just because they thought they're funny and they wanted them in there. Only problem...they probably can't afford Jerry, but that would be priceless.
    afroannnie wrote:

:lol::lol: I love that idea! I wouldn't put it past them..on one of the commentaries they said that they gave Lavell Crawford & Bill Burr roles just because they thought they're funny and they wanted them in there. Only problem...they probably can't afford Jerry, but that would be priceless.

Jerry should do that shit for free. He doesn't nee the money. That would seal the deal of Breaking bad as the greatest show of all time, if they could get Jerry to do a cameo. Either that or have Newman deliver Walt's mail one time. :lol:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Jerry should do that shit for free. He doesn't nee the money. That would seal the deal of Breaking bad as the greatest show of all time, if they could get Jerry to do a cameo. Either that or have Newman deliver Walt's mail one time. :lol:

:lol::lol: Newman!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Heisenberg wrote:

LukinFan wrote:

Read in an interview that the first 4 seasons cover a little over a year (of time in the show). If you remember right, the pilot episode was Walt's 50th birthday (and Skylar spelled out 50 in turkey bacon for his breakfast). This would mean that the opening scene of Season 5 is a bout a year in the future (from the explosion). I'm guessing we won't see that again until near the end of season 6 (I don't care what anyone says, it's season 6...it doesn't happen until next year :D )
    Very cool- completely forgot about the turkey bacon thing
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Can't wait for tonight's episode! :D :corn:
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    jerry as walt's dentist is one of the funnier things i've heard in awhile. well played.

this show rules
    It's about that time :corn:
    What the hell? Is anyone else having issues with AMC? My feed is unwatchable.
    Heisenberg wrote:
    What the hell? Is anyone else having issues with AMC? My feed is unwatchable.

Oh no...are you still having issues?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    The ketchup in the first scene made me hungry. :fp:
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    kick ass cajun made me laugh. i dunno about franch
  • had some audio problems in the beginning too, but luckily it fixed itself before the subtitled scene was thru...
    and what the hell was that all about anyways?
    the company that Gus got his lab equipment from? but what did the taste testing have to do with it?

crazy to think we're already 1/4 of the way thru the first part of Season 5
    thinking there will be a lot of unanswered questions going into the second part of Season 5
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    and what the hell was that all about anyways?
    the company that Gus got his lab equipment from? but what did the taste testing have to do with it?

Here's a Vince Gilligan interview that gives a little bit of the answer:
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/23/break ... -madrigal/

Great episode last night. Mike is the man. I love the transition from sock feet in recliner opening beer in front of TV, to stalking in Lydia's house. Multi-faceted character no joke.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008