Cleveland Indians - !

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Hell of a game last night. Jiminez is worrisome, but the bats and bullpen bailed him out of his 2nd inning and control issues. Perez was a bit scary in the 9th again, but shut the door.

I have to agree with the players re: fans. I dont know why more people arent showing up for this team. They are a really likeable team. It also appears that they are a serious contender for this Division. I saw someone compare the fans as a skittish dog who cowers at everything and has to learn that they wont get hurt... but i dunno. If I were in Cleveland, I would definitely be there.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    81 wrote:
    Went to Indians/Sox game on April 2nd. Fans were downright shitty. Had stuff thrown at me, called names, cussed at just because I was in my Sox gear.

I've been to Cubs/Sox, Twins/Sox and have never been treated like that.

So no, not a fan of the tribe. :lol:

wtf you doing in cleveland?
    just be glad you weren't wearing a Lebron Heat jersey

:?:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    81 wrote:
    Browns chant? They stink worse than the injuns

the browns have a chant?

i posted in this before? :?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    81 wrote:

the browns have a chant?

You bumping it right now shows that I apparently posted in it as well. Without even going through the thread...I'm sure it was a Major League reference.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Yep:
    C'mon Dorn, none of this olaaay bullshit.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

the browns have a chant?

:lol:

i had to think about this one....

the indians fans were chanting something about football and the browns.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Pretty sad that a 1st place team still draws that poorly. 15K last night againt the Tigers?? Jacobs Field or whatever it is called right now is a great stadium too.
    better crowd last night. Best game this season. Tie game, Bases loaded with 0 outs in the top of the 8th and Pestano pitched out of it. Scored 2 in the bottom of the eigth thanks to Cecil Fielder's son, and Perez with another save.

Going for the sweep today. Masterson vs Verlander. :corn:

and in b4
    Bases_loaded.jpeg
    They swept the Tigers. Beat Verlander. Very impressive. I like Hannahan a lot, but I dont know if you can sit Lopez when he comes back.

Apparently Tomlin is almost ready to return.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    MayDay10 wrote:
    better crowd last night. Best game this season. Tie game, Bases loaded with 0 outs in the top of the 8th and Pestano pitched out of it. Scored 2 in the bottom of the eigth thanks to Cecil Fielder's son, and Perez with another save.

Going for the sweep today. Masterson vs Verlander. :corn:

and in b4
    Bases_loaded.jpeg

i had/have that game :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    It's a sad day for Indians fans. Our greatest pitcher was a juicer

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=741229
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    edited July 2012
    Heisenberg wrote:
    It's a sad day for Indians fans. Our greatest pitcher was a juicer

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=741229

:lol:

Doesn't surprise me...they were juicing the ball too. Vagisil anyone? :lol:

chelcie_ross.jpg
    Post edited by DS1119 on
    lol.

I thought you were talking about Feller! I was in shock for a few seconds until I clicked on the link.

They are playing pretty well after hitting a bump in the road. Gotta keep it up, but last season the bump in the road turned into falling off the map. Also great to see Hafner come up with the HR in the 8th
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    "I hate this fuckin' song" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFrl4U4eIJU&feature=related

I don't care what anyone says. This is the best baseball movie ever made
    MayDay10 wrote:

They are playing pretty well after hitting a bump in the road. Gotta keep it up, but last season the bump in the road turned into falling off the map. Also great to see Hafner come up with the HR in the 8th

Reading this reminded me of this. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuWQfMGjZF4
    DS1119 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Reading this reminded me of this. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuWQfMGjZF4

anyone else notice the 'aint fuckin bad' quote was from the janitor from scrubs/dad from 'the middle?'
    The run for glory starts tonight!
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    MayDay10 wrote:
    The run for glory starts tonight!

i have no faith in the Indians....i still think the division is the tigers are the best in teh division....i think fielder will have a monster second half.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I agree.

It will only take a decent month to really get them a good lead. It feels like they have just been waiting in the wings all season.
    Neither the White Sox nor Indians can maintain winning like the Tigers can, nor have a guy close to Verlander every 5th day.

Although Youkilis (sp) was a monster in Chicago before the break.
    81 wrote:
    i think fielder will have a monster second half.

I think you should trade for him.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I agree.

It will only take a decent month to really get them a good lead. It feels like they have just been waiting in the wings all season.
    Neither the White Sox nor Indians can maintain winning like the Tigers can, nor have a guy close to Verlander every 5th day.

Although Youkilis (sp) was a monster in Chicago before the break.

i'm not 100% sold on the Sox, but they have a decent offense that can ping pong the scoreboard when it's clicking. problem is, it seems like it's streaky...everyone gets hot and cold at the same time...

Sale has been a stud this year as has Peavy and the Quintana kid has pitched pretty much lights out since taking over a starting spot. i'd say the sox have the best pitching in the division.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    busy offseason for them- just signed michael bourne and earlier; mark reynolds, drew stubbs and nick swisher...add in francona and you have a pretty decent team.
    what was cleveland thinking in trading a stud like Choo for a scrub like Stubbs? #traderape.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    davidtrios wrote:
    what was cleveland thinking in trading a stud like Choo for a scrub like Stubbs? #traderape.

Cleveland teams never think :fp:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    in fairness, it wasn't choo for stubbs straight up
    Indians shortshop Jason Donald is also going to the Reds with Choo, while Reds centerfielder Drew Stubbs and pitcher Patrick Corbin are headed to Cleveland.

The Indians also receive right-handed pitchers Trevor Bauer, Matt Albers and Bryan Shaw
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    in fairness, it wasn't choo for stubbs straight up
    Indians shortshop Jason Donald is also going to the Reds with Choo, while Reds centerfielder Drew Stubbs and pitcher Patrick Corbin are headed to Cleveland.

The Indians also receive right-handed pitchers Trevor Bauer, Matt Albers and Bryan Shaw

i thought Bauer was a D-back?
    3 way trade.
    Bauer was the crown jewel for the Tribe
    NOW DO YOU BELIEVE?
    pretty hot team right now. it's a shame no one goes
    yeah, it sucks to see. I would go a lot more if Cleveland was <3 hours away.
    The team has started out hot a lot, only to not have a meaningful game past the All Star break.

Even as a fan its tough to take them seriously